View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 09:57 PM
Roswell 10/2/00
Elite Fan

I honestly feel that is the writers strike is going to happen let it happen now or in the fall or spring. It will give shows a lot of time to figure things out or until we get a cure or treatment for COVID 19. .

I remember the writers strike in 2008 and some shows suffered so much. However the bad ones were cut and a few of the good ones stayed.

With Scifi I feel you can be a lot more creative. You don't need a lot of CGI just some imagination. Buffy back in the day did a whole episode where no one spoke until the very end. It was amazing.

I feel like they could do a whipeout plot where everyone goes missing. Or have it a one woman show Liz is alone and has to figue out why. Have it where you can't touch anyone for fear of a alien virus Or do flashbacks and limit it to dessert scenes with only 2 or 3 people social distancing. So many options.

I hope the show ends. It is a mess and you can see if getting worse as the weeks go on. The 1947 storyline is amazing. If only they had stuck to that plot and timeline when they were thinking of a reboot.

From the last thread I agree with you PrincipessaBella about how the Supernatural fandome is insane. I saw it getting worse at Comic Con as the years went on and this was way before the Be The Light campaign started. The last Supernatural San Diego Comic Con talk I went to was in 2012 and they were in Hall H. It was nuts.

I remember in 2007 when we were in a smaller room at San Diego Comic Con and it was just a great group of fans and the cast and creators who loved the show. The talk in was exciting 2007 season 3 was just picked up after the show was almost cancelled so that was awesome.

Now it has morfed into an insane fandom. I will always love the show but crazy fans can destroy a good fandom.

Roswell was a feeling like no other. I am glad over the years even through our ups and downs (I remember the shipper wars back in the day those were crazy ) Now they we have all surrendered and their is peace (we can now all agree to disagree) I always felt at home and welcomed with the Roswell fandom. The Roswell fandome hands down is the best fandom ever. I have met so many Roswell fans over the years and each time it is like coming home.

I tired when the Roswell New Mexico reboot started to welcome the new fans on the Roswell New Mexcio Board and tell them to check out our board and the original and I got a bad vibe from the start. No responce from the fans and little to no conversation or a welocme. I am glad I don't post over there anymore. They are way to clickish and it is all about Michael and Alex.

I am glad everyone feels welcome here. Like my former Co Mod Dreamer4ever and I statred on the Board Guide so many years ago "Welcome to the ever-burgeoning I know An Alien Club" thread

Quote:
The name of this thread comes from the Roswell Season Two episode Skins and Bones when Nasedo introduces himself to Sheriff Valenti and the Roswell gang after they call him for an important meeting at the Crashdown Cafe.

Nasedo: Sheriff Valenti, welcome to the ever-burgeoning "I know an alien" club. You called me here. I assume it's important.

We feel this quote was very fitting to our board being we want this to be a place of respect and friendship. Regardless of where you come from or who you are at the Roswell Board we welcome everyone even if you are 3 feet tall and green.
I am glad all these years later our board is a welcoming one. To quote a scifi movie "We come in peace." and "Thank you for visting Roswell"
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 06-12-2020 at 10:20 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote