View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

The show was struggling and they thought they were throwing something against the wall to see if it would stick. Like they did bringing Tess in Season 1. She was supposed to be a season finale reveal, but struggling ratings forced them to bring in her earlier, and use her for the last arc which got progressively darker. But the rating slightly rebounded, and the show was saved by the network and with the campaign by fans.

They probably though they would giving their Romeo and Juliet something to fight against, and rise above so they are stronger in the end. Assuming they weren't dead in the end like the real tale. But even then they defied Romeo and Juliet but surviving their brush with death. Making a grand sacrifice in the process.

We fans would have preferred if they found another way to make it angsty. The sex was one thing. The baby was a bridge too far. I don't even think I would do that if I was writing the show. i could see the sex, but that other thing, no way.

They thought it was challenge. Of course I think Jason K. was early in his career, and he might not make the same choices today. Going along to Vegas, you didn't think the show would make that turn, and go the direction it would go.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!