View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 04:52 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Well, you'll find that sum1 and I are no fans of post-2000 Marvel. Marvel has turned their backs on everything that made these characters great in favor of trying to be "progressive" or some such nonsense. They don't get that by doing that they'll eventually make comics irrelevant and obsolete. The only way comic book characters stand the test of time is due to their timelessness.

Oh, well... if there was no actual intercourse it doesn't count with me.

Well, I could argue that the Infinity Gems could've been Marvel's Star Wars if they didn't screw it up in the MCU. But I agree that the Phoenix Force could've also been done better as well. I had wished that the new movies would've introduced the Shi'ar, but no such luck. I do think that the original Dark Phoenix storyline from the 1970s and early 80s was great, but then Marvel kinda screwed it up later on. Good "Force" analogy, though. Yeah, it shouldn't just be telepaths.

Ahem... they're "Infinity Gems." That MCU crap called them "stones," but I have no idea why. Typical Hollywood crap. A stone can be anything. A Tombstone. A sandstone. A kidney stone. The Gems are clearly crystalline gems, which is much more specific.

I'm glad that you're staying as close to canon as you can. Thanos is an interesting addition.

I saw that you posted that you couldn't PM me. I don't know why, we should all be able to PM each other. Are you sure you did it correctly? I sent you a PM and you should be able to send a return PM or a reply to me. Don't worry, I won't share spoilers with anyone. I hope the information on Gambit is good.

Yeah, I rewrote the MCU as a cinematic miniseries.

The Avengers: The Saga of Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Volume I: Avengers Assemble

Chapter I: The Invincible Iron Man - Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Obidiah Stane(Iron Monger)
Chapter II: Captain America: The Super Soldier - Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter, Nick Fury, The Red Skull, HYDRA
Chapter III: The Incredible Hulk - Bruce Banner, Elizabeth Ross, The Abomination, The Leader, A.I.M.
Chapter IV: The Mighty Thor - Thor Odison(Dr. Donald Blake), Jane Foster, Loki, The Destroyer
Chapter V: The Astonishing Ant-Man - Henry "Hank" Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Nicky Fury, Eric O'Grady(Yellowjacket)
Chapter VI: The Avengers - Loki, Skrulls, Emperor Dorrek

That's just Volume I. Six more volumes follow. Characters will include Adam Warlock and the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man, Tigra, and the Agents of SHIELD - Hawkeye, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Falcon, Monica Rambeau, Nick Fury, Eric O'Grady. Also, The Elders of the Universe, The High Evolutionary, Galactus, Michael Korvac, Thanos, The Celestials, the Xandarian Nova Corps, the Skrulls, the Kree, the Eternals, and the Deviants will all be included.

Volume II: Masters of Evil
Volume III: Wrath of Ultron
Volume IV: Civil War
Volume V: The Kree-Skrull War/The Korvac Saga
Volume VI: Infinity War

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-08-2020 at 05:29 PM