View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know. They wrote out Tess, and put the baby storyline in the background but hanging over Max and Liz's reunion. And even went further in the back of them in the second half of Season 3 before coming back full blast with Tess's return. I think they saw it as a soapy storyline. It's pretty standard stuff. You would expect it of course.

But you don't expect it in a struggling show, and with your central duo unless it's happening to them. A much better story if human Liz got pregnant by a alien. Or Michael and Maria.

Now the sex is something they probably set up in End of the World, but went dormant on it until they unleashed it on us. I really can't see where they were planning the storyline (that we ended up with) until they had to write out Colin. And they decided to do a big bang exit, with a lot of angst, and consequences. It tested everyone. Messed things up royally.

I have said it before, the story I thought we headed for was Max, Liz and Sean Deluca triangle once Vegas was over. Tess and Kyle seemed to be pairing, or that was intention until they wrote out Colin and decided to go in a drastic new direction. Where everything flipped around, and things changed.

We don't know of course. I think they saw the baby as soapy, and a consequence but they were quick to write out the storyline, and move it to the background.

If they wanted the storyline. They could have had the baby born by the end of the season, and really have messed up Max and Liz. They didn't. They kicked it to the curb for the season except that the notion of it was hanging over them.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!