View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 01:32 PM
MarvelousToons
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I see. Well, I've been a fan of Scott and Jean's relationship for a while now, but mostly from their storylines from the 1970s and 1980s in X-Men and X-Factor. That affair with Emma Frost was a psychic one, so I don't know if it counts. If it's only in the mind is it really cheating? But that was in 21st century X-Men, and sum1 and I really don't like comics after 2000 because Marvel just screwed everything up.

I guess I see what you mean. If you can improve both Jean and Scott and make them what they should be that would be awesome. And yeah, I agree with you about how Marvel overdid it with the Phoenix Force.

Well, I don't have to friend you for you to send me a PM. You can PM anyone here if you want. Just send me the PM and I'll get it. And that's good about Thunderbird. I've never liked it when characters got too overpowered.

Oh, I see. Interesting storyline you have there for Gambit and Rogue. I'm not sure, but I think he was a criminal at one point in the comics, I forgot. But that would be interesting. Oh, and Thanos is in this? He never gets involved with the X-Men.

Maybe one day I'll post what my idea for the MCU was. A six volume cinematic miniseries.
Yeah, I've been surrounded by fans who hate most post millennium era Marvel comics, so... I'm grateful for that. There are hidden gems and awesome characters that have been introduced after 2000. But in terms of building strong narratives, I rely on knowledgeable comic fans, research of my own, as well as my own storytelling skills.

Yeah psychic affairs count in my book lol

The Phoenix Force is a wonderful idea, that was squandered by poor narrative decisions, and insane retcons and inconsistencies imo. The Phoenix Force should have been Marvel's equivalent to Star Wars' "The Force", in that its an energy gifted Mutants (okay, Mutants only) can tap into. And the focus on it being only strong with telepaths is total nonsense, and even worse is the idea there's only one person to be the one true master of this force... when it simply should be any Mutant who is specially gifted, or in touch with their Mutant powers/gifts, has Phoenix's potential.

However, since that wasn't the path they chose, I'll have to write in accordance with canon, enough to rewrite and refine the Phoenix's plot. Speaking of the Phoenix, Thanos gets involved because the Avengers, the X-Men and Phoenix, the F4, the "cosmic terrorist group" and the new Cosmic Entity all get involved, where the Infinity Stones are concerned.

Look out for a PM at some point, I will be sharing some spoilers, that means DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE lol I mean it

I'll also explain Gambit in more detail, as far as a "criminal" background. I think it'll shed a lot more light on the character, esp as he drops his identity as Gambit, and becomes something else.

Oooooh ideas of your own MCU huh? Well... there are other animators in our group. We collectively may wanna create a miniseries based on your idea and with all works, anything contributed is fully credited to the original fan author

Last edited by MarvelousToons; 06-08-2020 at 01:35 PM Reason: forgot to address Thanos