View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 05:31 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Still on for tonight? I'll be on discord gaming, so I'll be easy to reach.

Quote:
Yup, that quite heavily suggests that she considered it a miracle that he was letting someone else drive his car.
She's so cute there. And the way she turns to Wesley with that look like 'Hah ha! I get to drive his car and you don't'.

Quote:
It's a good fic.
Basically Angel is in a deep brood mode over Darla (because he couldn't save her) and Willow invites he and Cordy to Sunnydale for Christmas to help cheer him up.
It's not actually a Christmas fic that just provided the excuse to get them to Sunnydale but it's about how this trip tests both old and developing feelings.
I read it last night and it was super cute.

I loved when The Scoobies found CA cuddling. I'm trash for cuddles in fics lol.

Quote:
Angel has said at least once, specifically in "Untouched": "It's just a name" but I headcanon that he chose it in honor of his sister Kathy who had welcomed Angelus and her death into their home believing him an angel (Arguably that's where the Latin name Angelus and the moniker 'The demon with the face of an angel' came from as well).
It's interesting to think about how he got his name.

I also imagine Angelus originally took on that moniker as a twisted mockery of his sister calling him one. I wonder when he started going by 'Angel' and dropped the 'us'. And why did he decide to drop the 'us' (if it was indeed him)? I can see it being him reclaiming it by taking on what Kathy called him.

Kathy was his sister's name, right? My memory sucks. I should know this with all the CA fic I read lol.

Quote:
Quasimodo which literally translates to 'Half-Formed'
I did not know that. Good fact.

Quote:
I understand that she enjoys being a princess until it comes down to unwanted, vision stealing cumshucking but to never have her partner use her given name? I suppose that is part of how she was OOC during that time.
Yeah, being called 'Princess' is cute and all, but it'd get a little...dehumanizing? too impersonal? (not sure what to call it) to have him never use her name? It'd feel kinda like a 'are you in love with me or just the idea of me as your princess?' thing.

I love that that's the line he focused on. Of course.

Quote:
Someone with an agenda had to have steered Groo to the Hyperion. There is no way he would have found Cordy by himself with how huge L.A alone is never mind Earth. He wouldn't have even known how to use the internet or a phone book or even what those things are.
Holy crap. Why did I never consider where Groo came from before? I guess I always assumed he found Lorne's cousin in Pylea for info and, in turn, Lorne, when he got to L.A. But you're right that he'd need immediate help upon getting to Earth bc things would be so wildly different from Pylea. The portals were randomized too. He could've arrived half way across the world and had to journey to L.A.

The idea of Skip or a Jasmine minion steering him in the right direction? It tracts.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com