View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 10:51 AM
straws
Absolute Fan

It's such a nice day outside today.

Quote:
I forget if there are any moments in the series that support it but I've read fics where doesn't like to let other people drive his GMX not even Cordy because it's like his baby.
Good question. I've seen Angel's thing for his car (and not letting anyone drive it) in many a CA fic.

There was this moment in First Impressions:

https://therearenopeoplelikeus.tumbl...t/187052967555

I can't think of any others, but Cordy does seem really excited like driving his car isn't something that happens often.

Quote:
Right. Let's see.
I'm having a tough time choosing between To Shanshu in LA, Birthday, and That Vision Thing.
I vote for TSILA because it's the one I've seen the least of the three, but I'll happily watch any of them.

Quote:
'Long Time Coming' is one. I remember when the Fang Gang went to LA to check with Lorne if the revised curse to secure his soul worked, Faith wanted to drive his car and he refused until the return trip so he could hold Cordy while she slept. Even then he was watching her pretty closely. Hehe.
That's so cute. I need to re-read LTC.
I just re-read Friends and Neighbors.
Quote:
Promise Me by Misha.
Thanks for the rec. Will check it out.

Quote:
IA, though the one thing that still bothers me about him is that as nice a pet name as Princess passes for, he NEVER once called her by her actual name. He never even references it until ATF. I almost wondered if he even knew it but then Cordy of course would make sure he did.
Wow, if that's true I never caught that. Not saying her name even once...hmm that is a bit weird. Then again, Groo wasn't his birth name, but a name he'd earned and felt honor in being called by. So maybe the princess title was his idea of being respectful? IDK.

Quote:
Funny thing is if Cordy knew this she'd probably fume and go "Shouldn't I be the judge of that?!"
Oh yeah, she'd give him a talking to.

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better, what I wanna know is why no one tried to talk to her about it as Fred and Lorne did Angel.
Fred did tease Cordy a bit about Angel's feelings for her in WITW:

Quote:
Fred: "And then we have to find a dress for you. Something that will make Angel crazy."
Cordy: "Fred, sweetie. Angel *is* crazy."
Fred: "Well, I know he's gonna wanna look his best for you."
But Cordy brushed it aside as if Fred was joking or reading Angel wrong. Maybe others did mention it off screen and Cordy similarly laughed it off because she wasn't ready to believe/didn't think he ever wound want her that way?

Quote:
I remember and still believe there is certainly a distinct possibility of that based on that freaky ass Connor healing bit if nothing else.
Plus, Groo's return and Cordy leaving was just so convenient for Jasmine. Cordy not being there was a game changer. Had she been there for Wesley to turn to, Connor's kidnapping may have gone very differently.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com