View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:28 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
To Shanshu in L.A. - always loved that line. Just proves that there was a connection waaaay sooner, in Sunnydale.
Thanks for the reminder. Love your icon, btw.

And IA. Angel laughed at her Barbie dream car joke in Halloween. Suffice to say, he always appreciated her humor.

Quote:
Perhaps we should add those eps to our watch party list.
Oh, nice idea. I could go for a CA in Sunnydale watch party. It's your turn to pick the episode, as well.

Quote:
Right? I've imagined a reboot plot in which Angel gets the PTB to send him back in time to save Cordy and I've always made him go back to 'Tomorrow' when Cordy rose to the higher plane but the Provider scene might be more ideal because it erases teenage Connor as well.
I'd love to read a fic of that.

Am I a bad person for not minding teenage Connor erased? Then again, it would also give Connor a do-over and the life he missed growing up with Cordy & Angel.

Quote:
I've (reluctantly) never thought Groo was a bad guy, I just hate what his appearance did to CA.
Yeah, he was brought in as a lazy writing C-block for CA.

I never disliked Groo himself, though. I appreciate that he recognized Cordy for the Queen she is (unlike, say, Xander). He treated our girl well, so I'll give him that.

Quote:
While Angel got the Kyrumption speech twice and dismissed it both times!
I think part of Angel dismissing it was bc he doesn't believe he deserves happiness or anything close to it and also bc he didn't think he was good enough for Cordy.

Quote:
It's a bit maddening that just that small speech was all that was needed to open Cordy's eyes to her feelings for Angel and she accepted them so easily yet no one thought to give it to her sooner! Like before Groo showed up!
I think part of her denial was because of how 1) men had hurt her in the past (Xander, her dad leaving and being a terrible father, Angel's beige period). 2) Cordy pursued Angel in the past and got looked over for Buffy (that would've stung). 3) She had a front row seat to the BA forever drama in Sunnydale and 4) probably got used to burying any attraction she felt for him because of their friendship - she wouldn't want to ruin it. I think a huge reason she didn't recognize Angel's feelings for her when they deepened into romantic territory was because she'd utterly convinced herself he'd never feel that way and that he was off limits.

We also theorized about Jasmine possibly keeping CA apart and maybe having some influence on Cordy as early as the end of Birthday (when Cordy was 'demonized' into a higher power).

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 06-02-2020 at 02:34 PM