View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 11:20 AM
SouthernSweetieTX
Master Fan

Kiki... I have a standing fan that I LOVE! Every room of our house has a ceiling fan, and they are on 24/7. I also have my A/C set to 70. I keep the heat slightly cooler, like 67-68. I would rather be cold and need a blanket than to turn the heat up. I would keep the A/C cooler, but this unit can't keep up. Well, at least it couldn't last summer when we moved in. The inside unit has been replaced since then... I digress. Even with the A/C and ceiling fans... I am SOOOOO HOT!! (Funny side note... both Daddy and my FIL think it is FREEZING in my house. They can't stand it. I actually turned the heat up for my FIL at Christmas so he would be more comfortable. He leaves the air on 86 during the summer!) The fan I have is Lasko. This one was about 50.00. It has a remote, several settings, can oscillate or be still. It has a timer if you want it to shut off automatically. It's in my room and beside my bed, blowing directly on me...even in the winter! I'm about to go get another one for OM. She's hot too. I know the upstairs gets warmer than downstairs... it's at least a 10-20 degree difference depending on the temp outside. It was miserable last August-October.

I got this one at Costco. Crossing my fingers they still have it. I got it last August after we moved.