View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 12:59 PM
dancing in the rain
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Pretty much this month

I have been able to start catching up a bit though with the Easter vacations. I think this is a pretty good year actually, there is some great talent and contestants that are already polished and have been performing a while or at least know what they are capable of. Seems to be the best season so far of the "new" Idol, at least till now, I'm done with the Hollywood rounds. It is too bad all this with cancelling the stage shows is happening this season. It has been announced they will be doing "At Home" shows, wonder how that's going to work out.

Hollywood week got an overhaul. There is now the Genre Challenge, where contestants are grouped based on their main genre. This replaced the line performances. And the most noticeable is there is no "Group Round" anymore! It is replaced by the Duets Round. I think that was actually a good change. They still had to work with someone else and adjust, but most performers don't eventually perform in a group so it wasn't like that round was something they'll all work with after show. And it showcased the contestants more, instead of having 4-5 contestants on stage in addition to all the drama that goes before it.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray