View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 05:53 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I don't believe most Republicans would agree with this. I don't know any who would! What he said is Asinine!
I wasn't talking about Dan Patrick's statement above. I was talking about Trump saying we should all be back to work by Easter, and the Republican Party in general, who always put business interests first undoubtedly agreeing with him in many circles. While I do hope that this situation won't last long, because I don't want anyone deprived of their livelihood (including me and my wife) right now, I'm more concerned with saving lives than trying to get people back to work too soon and having the death rate rise even more than it is.

I feel I'm among friends here so I'll be honest: There are parts of me that are Conservative and I do want our economy to be strong, and I wish that more manufacturing jobs could be brought back to this country to make us stronger and strengthen the Middle Class. There are also parts of me that are Liberal, especially because I'm Pro-Union, but sadly, most of the corporations in America now have their manufacturing done in places like China due to the cheap labor, and most states now are "Right To Work" states. You know what 'Right To Work" means? It was a union-busting tactic which basically means a company can fire you at any time for any reason, or for no reason. My father was able to retire at 58 with a comfortable pension because he was in a union, but I'll have to work until I'm 70 and still worry about having enough money to retire on because I don't have a pension and I'm not in a union. The Democratic Party and the Republican Party have become parties of extremes, with the Democrats to the extreme left, and the Republicans to the extreme right. There's no room for moderate candidates now, so for someone like me, who tends to be somewhat middle of the road and moderate, there's no where for me to turn.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy