View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 07:38 PM
***BLONDIE***
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
And why not just take her on a date instead of making her vote on his basket?
I always felt his insecurites and her uncertainties about George kept him from jumping right in and asking her on a real date. He was scared and felt his way catered to them both. He knew she was worried about going public and because of that, it made him aprehensive. Poor guy wanted to try and move things forward and thought the auction was a pressure free way of seeing (1) if she wanted the date as well. If she bid on his basket, then it would prove to him, that she wanted things to move forward as well. And (2) he saw it as a way of them hanging out together, fully clothed and to see if they connect, outside the bedroom, in a way that he felt she might feel comfortable. Without having pressure on her shoulders, of the outside world seeing them together on a real date, rather then seeing them on an auction date. I totally get why he picked that route, even if it didn't pan out like he hoped, at the time.

I also just noticed the music playing when Wade and Zoe are arguing at the picnic about why she agreed to the date, is the same exact music playing when Zoe tells Wade she loves him at Meatball's wedding, before he walked out. Well on the DVD version they're the same. Never really noticed it before.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 03-23-2020 at 03:19 AM