View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 05:58 PM
*~*Rach*~*
Elite Fan

Episode 1.01 - Oct. 2nd 2001 - My First Day

So I thought I'd try something new, to keep us going over the loooong hiatuses - an episode discussion thread concentrated on a particular old episode. I'm starting with the pilot, but that doesn't mean we have to go in order - if people have favourite episodes they'd like to have as the next thread of the week, please say so!

If the episode doesn't have a thread of its own, we can start one, and if it does, I'll top the thread and edit the title to show that it's thread of the week.

Sooo... lets discuss the pilot!

Quote:
John Dorian, J.D. (Zach Braff) to friends, is a boyishly handsome, self-deprecatingly funny, likeable guy who would be confident if he only realized his assets. Three years of medical school have prepared J.D. for his first day as an intern at Sacred Heart Hospital -- but he has his doubts. As J.D. is thrown into the chaotic world of hospital life, we not only get to see the quirky characters that he encounters, but also hear the humorous commentary of thoughts streaming through J.D.'s head.

By J.D.'s side is his best friend since college, the handsome and confident Chris Turk (Donald Faison). As a new surgical intern, Turk struts around with a gregarious and cocky demeanor that hides a terror that he only admits to J.D. Both guys initially have the hots for their attractive fellow intern, Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke), but J.D. quickly finds out her beauty is only surpassed by a hyper competitive attitude.

Guiding the interns education are those with more medical experience -- which at this time is pretty much everyone. Dr. Robert Kelso (Ken Jenkins), Chief of Medicine, wants the interns to think they can count on him -- until they actually need something. On the other side of the personality spectrum is Dr. Perry Cox (John C. McGinley), a steamroller of a man short on patience. However, beneath his gruff presence hides a truly good guy that J.D. learns to respect. Watching over the interns with a caustically teasing, but caring demeanor, is Nurse Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes), a woman who is motherly and sexy at the same time.