Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Logan Echolls #2 - Keeping us entertained, one snarky comment at a time

A thread totally dedicated to Logan. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Last edited by fleurdelune; 09-19-2006 at 09:20 AM
Old 05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

I just have to say as much as I love every aspect of Logan, the fun, the snark, etc, he totally blew me away on the rooftop proving that when something matters to him (Like Veronica!) he will drop all pretenses and come through completely.

And yes, we now have happy Logan...at least for a little while I'm enjoying that for now. And can't wait to see what next season brings.

So what everyone's thoughts on the evolution of Logan this season?

Last edited by JulieB; 05-31-2006 at 12:31 PM
Old 05-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Happy Logan brings the biggest smile to my face. I can't help it! It's been so long since we've seen him like that.

I love how he was there for Veronica and all that mattered was getting the gun away from her because he knows that she's not a killer and that she wouldn't be able to get on with her life after something like that. I think it showed a real level of maturity in him and I relished it.

I do love Logan, both the good parts and the bad. It really is unconditional. Although I may not agree with everything that he does, I can usually understand why. It's all those lovely layers! I wouldn't want him to be a goody two-shoes nor would I want him to be irredeemable.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurdelune
I do love Logan, both the good parts and the bad. It really is unconditional. Although I may not agree with everything that he does, I can usually understand why. It's all those lovely layers! I wouldn't want him to be a goody two-shoes nor would I want him to be irredeemable.
Yes, for me as well. The love I have really is unconditional as well but at least with Logan, we do usually see what drives his motivation towards most of the bad choices he's made. And that makes it easier most of the time to forgive some of his actions. What I really love is the balance and the fact that he really is at heart, a *good* person who makes really bad choices at times spurred on by situations, upbringing, etc.

He's been dealt so many blows too in the last two seasons, the fact that he was able to come through like he did for Veronica is an amazing testament to him being the ultimate survivor as well as his incredible love for her.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Absolute Fan

I think it's very important that we do see that motivation because it allows us to sympathize with him even if we may not agree with what he is doing. There's an emotional connection there so that we can both see and feel his pain, imo. I do think that it was there last season as well because watching him on that boat at the end of M.A.D. ripped my heart out but since he was much more tortured this season, it was heightened I guess. After all the crap that was dumped on him, how could you not feel for him? Well, unless you have a heart of stone!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

As much as Logan always bounces back I just wonder if next season they'll dig deeper into everything that's happened to him. I know they want the show to have a fresh start but how does that work with the characters we already know and would that stop any possible evolution from the past two seasons?

Last edited by JulieB; 05-27-2006 at 10:05 AM
Old 05-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Absolute Fan

They might since they're going to have to do something with him and I don't see them just leaving him as V's bf and nothing else. Plus, I doubt we're going to go through a whole Felix situation again. That was overkill to me and he was so angsty and tortured this season (although he does it so prettily and Jason nails it). Logan has many issues and I think him starting to deal with them could be fascinating if written well. We know what JD is capable of, so no worries there.

I think that Logan will continue to evolve regardless of the change in networks. Rob can't really forget everything that has already happened. They may want new fans but they can't just ignore their old ones. We would take issue with them just forgetting things to make the show more accessible to new fans (which they did to a certain extent in season 2) and I can't see them letting go of all of Logan's story potential which would build on from the previous two seasons. I suppose that they could ignore it but that would be a shame and a disservice to the show and the character.

Last edited by fleurdelune; 05-26-2006 at 06:34 PM
Old 05-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really loved Logan in season 2!! It will be good to see how he deals with being little orphan annie in the next season!!!

Nathan&Haley Vincent&Catherine Stefan&Elena Lois&Clark Booth&Brennan Cappie&Casey Chuck&Sarah
Max&Liz Syd&Vaughn Joey&Pacey Logan&Veronica
Old 05-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

I highly doubt Rob will forget the backstory. I think he means like the mysteries will be very new and won't have to connect with season 2 the way seasons 1 and 2 connected. Although I will be very upset if they forget everything that ha happened to Logan. Logan is like more then a 3-dimensional character. With his history and JD plays that beautifully. I hope they keep Logan's backstory but show him trying to grow up. I mean it happened with Jess on GG yes?

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 05-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Fleur and Callie, I think you're both are right and I'm just worrying over nothing. I know RT also said we wouldn't lose the "mythology" of VM so I'm sure it's just the basic mysteries. And unlike season 2 which still had strings to season one, 3 will probably have nothing hanging over.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Has anyone been rewatching the season 2 episodes to get new insights on Logan? I must admit, I've totally been slacking off there. I didn't watch DE because I can't stand seeing him with Kendall (regardless of him being shirtless or not). CCBB wasn't a bad episode but I have my issues.

I loved discovering new things about Logan that I may have missed in the first season but I just can't bring myself to go back and view certain episodes of the second at the moment. Logan/Jason was pretty much the only thing getting me through the first half of the season anyway. I was watching for him for awhile there because for me, the rest of the show was just not up to snuff.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been rewatching to see what I missed the first time. But, hey, it's Logan who catches and keeps my eye. The rest of the show can go hang. In CCBB, the fight scene looked too staged between Donut and Logan but the aftermatch and the "gulp" tearful admission, "I hate him too" get to me every time. Veronica's righteous indignation wears a bit thin and she seemed to be repeating what she said in her flashback break-up scene. The only good thing was seeing her riled up about Logan and kendall. Also the scene of Duncan's comforting her at the end--no comparison in any way shape or form with Logan and V in the season finale. If Rob tries to forget his loyal fans, he'll lose the show.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Yes, the fight scene gets me everytime as well.

I know this is Logan we're talking about but mostly I'm trying to actually get new insight into Veronica's motivation in her season 2 behavior towards Logan. It's interesting rewatching with what we know about the rest of the season and her genuine suprise with his declaration in 20.

And now we can resume once again on Logan....
Old 06-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

I absolutely loved Logan in Plan B. I just watched it again recently and I still find it to be my favourite episode of season 2. The snark was so on and I love the way that he looks at Veronica whether it be in amusement or with intensity like during The Dance. I think I prefer the intense silence though because it means so much more in a way. The clarity of Logan's feelings when he's not talking always gets to me. Those eyes of his are pretty damn powerful and we've seen that time and time again.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The clarity of Logan's feelings when he's not talking always gets to me. Those eyes of his are pretty damn powerful and we've seen that time and time again.
That's Jason. He can express so much without saying a word.