Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
New Fan

1.01 - "Movin' In, Movin' Out, Movin' On" (Oct. 05, 2005) PREMIERE

1.01 - "Movin' In, Movin' Out, Movin' On"

Airdate: Oct 05, 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWB.com
From executive producer Marta Kauffman ("Friends," "Dream On") comes a one-hour comedic ensemble drama about four sisters ? the Sorelli sisters ? and the special bonds that unite them. In the premiere episode, first-born sister Ginnie (Jennifer Esposito, "Crash") is an attorney who has just received the unexpected news that she and her husband, Bob (Callum Blue, "Dead Like Me"), are pregnant with their first child; second-oldest sister Anne (Kiele Sanchez, "Married to the Kellys") is a therapist who is on the verge of breaking up with the love of her life; twenty-three-year-old Marjee (Lizzy Caplan, "Mean Girls") is an event coordinator whose current project is about to fall apart; and youngest sister Rose (newcomer Laura Breckenridge) is a 19-year-old college student who shocks her family by announcing that she's switched majors from pre-med to experimental theater. The sisters are also dealing with the fact that their father, Joe (guest star Tom Irwin, "My So Called Life"), has just announced plans to marry his girlfriend, Renee (Christine Ebersole, Tony Award winner for "42nd Street"), a development that has left the women with conflicting emotions.

Last edited by -CrazyBeautiful-; 06-11-2006 at 05:59 PM
Old 10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

i liked it!

callum blue's character is so cute and sweet!!

i'm liking how the girls are interacting with each other.. i like that they're so close.. can't wait for more episodes...
Old 10-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

It's early to tell, but I have mixed feelings so far. There were some things that I liked and some things that I didn't like.

As far as characters, Annie stood out the most. She has the best potential IMO. The guy with the british accent got on my nerves, I wish he was the one braking up

Basically, the show overloaded the viewers with characters and information. Hopefully, they start to sort things out in the next few eps and get going.

I could definitely tell the Martha Cauffman influence...Friends Fan here...eps. the shots of NY City between scenes

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm liking the show so far. The opener was funny, and interesting, I like the quirkiness and comedy between the sisters. Hopefully the forthcoming episodes will get better and better. I have high hopes for this show!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

I liked it! I just hope it did okay being in the same timeslot as Lost.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

You could tell that the two older sisters relate together and the two younger ones relate better, but they are all so close...it'll be funny to see how that works with their busy lives...it's already cause some drama! lol

Old 10-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was cute. I'm looking forward to seeing more episodes and posting here
icon: xthebesthing
Old 10-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting to see the different opinions of the show.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked the show! Looks pretty interesting! I'll probably watch next week!

avi credit to lovely lauren
Old 10-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Addicted Fan

I really enjoyed it...definitely felt real to life and I couldn't believe when Ann and her guy (don't have everyone's names straight yet) were breaking up and her sis doesn't know what's going on. It was just all good. Then when they started telling on one another or maybe some of that stuff just slipped out. God, I'm loving Bob...he's so funny.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

i was laughing so hard when all the secrets were coming out at the same time at the party... i'm liking it..

though they changed a lot of the scenes from the promos.. i'm interested in seeing the unaired version of the pilot..
Old 04-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Mod Check

Premiere thread still has life

End Mod Check
Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

Since the show isn't coming back. I thought each week we could pick and episode to go back and talk about starting from the first episode.

What do you remember about the pilot?
First Impression of the show?
Favorite character at the beginning?
Least favorite characte at the beginning?

Old 06-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Jess, neat idea!

I remember how funny the ending was where all the secrets the sisters had been hiding came out all at once for everyone to hear at the dinner.

My first impression was immediately: "Now this is a show that I could look forward to watching every week." Due to all the labels that had been put on the show even before the pilot episode premiered (ie. "from the creators of Friends and Sex & the City), I had pretty big expectations of the show. And it didn't fall short of them, IMO. Which is why the news of it's cancellation came as a shocker to me.

I liked Rose, her quirky storyline of switching from a pre-med major to a wild, drama student really appealed to me. Probably because I'm a freshman in university right now too, so I can relate to the confusion.

Least favorite character at the beginning?
Sorry, don't have an answer for this one!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~
Jess, neat idea!

I remember how funny the ending was where all the secrets the sisters had been hiding came out all at once for everyone to hear at the dinner.
Yeah that was great! I think the most memorable part for me was Rose's hair because it was so BLUE!! I also remember the Pug Party

Quote:
My first impression was immediately: "Now this is a show that I could look forward to watching every week." Due to all the labels that had been put on the show even before the pilot episode premiered (ie. "from the creators of Friends and Sex & the City), I had pretty big expectations of the show. And it didn't fall short of them, IMO. Which is why the news of it's cancellation came as a shocker to me.
Yeah they hype that up a lot...actually I think that hype it up so much that people put it at too high of a standard and that might be why it failed. I think many people expected it to be a hit right off the bat. IMO I think it had kind of a slow start it wasn't until a few episodes in when they really found their place and the final was (i think) when they were getting the most comfortable with the show! It's such a waste because I think that the second season would have been amazing!

Quote:
I liked Rose, her quirky storyline of switching from a pre-med major to a wild, drama student really appealed to me. Probably because I'm a freshman in university right now too, so I can relate to the confusion.
I'm a freshman as well I've changed schools 3 times and majors about 4 times already It's so hard to pin point on thing that you want to do for the rest of your life now. Ginnie was my favorite at the beginning because I loved how classy she was and I really liked her fashion sense.

Quote:
Least favorite character at the beginning?
Sorry, don't have an answer for this one!
[/quote]

My least favorite was Marjee. She's still not a character that I particularly enjoy.