Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

T7S J/H Spoilers & Specs #28: Spoilers...where are the spoilers?! The nails are gone!

That '70s Show Jackie/Hyde Spoilers & Specs Thread #28

Episode Schedule
#718: Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin') March 9, 2005
#719: Who's Been Sleeping Here March 23, 2005
#720: Gimme Shelter March 30, 2005
#721: 2120 South Michigan Avenue
#722: 2000 Light Years From Home
#723: Take It Or Leave It

#719: Who's Been Sleeping Here

Official Synopsis:
When Kelso picks his daughter Betsy's godparents, he chooses Hyde and Jackie over Eric and Donna, causing some tension in the group. Meanwhile, a thief keeps breaking into the record shop and the culprit turns out to be quite a surprise.

Spoilers: Courtesy of Oriana
The episode starts off with Hyde, Jackie, Eric... (read complete post)

Guest Stars:
Megalyn ECHIKUNWOKE as Angie Barnett (unsure)

#720: (title to be announced)

Spoilers: Courtesy of Alex
The episode begins with the gang coming back... (read complete post)

Guest Stars:
Jim RASH as Fenton

#721: 2120 South Michigan Avenue

Spoilers:
(read them here)
(some more here)
(and more here too)

Guest Stars:
Luke WILSON as Casey

#722: 2000 Light Years From Home

Spoilers: Courtesy of jbshmdfb
Kelso and Angie breaking up. Angie getting a promotion... (read complete posts)

Guest Stars:
Megalyn ECHIKUNWOKE as Angie Barnett
Chris ELLIOT as High School Counselor
Tim REID as William Barnett

#723: Take It Or Leave It

Spoilers: Courtesy of Sophie and Darbi
Relationship drama abound... (read posts here...and here)

Taping Dates
#724: March 11, 2005
#725: March 24, 2005

Latest News
That '70s Show Returns for an Eighth Season (January 17, 2005)
Fox Broadcasting Company has ordered an eighth season of the comedy series THAT '70s SHOW, it was announced today by Gail Berman, President, Entertainment. The nostalgic series airs Wednesdays (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT).

"THAT '70s SHOW is one of the strongest comedies on television," said Executive Producer Tom Werner. "I am thrilled that this outstanding ensemble is returning next season. After all, it's only 1979."

THAT '70s SHOW revolves around a group of friends growing up and becoming young adults in the suburbs of Wisconsin. But rites of passage aren't all that easy at a time when jumpsuits and platforms are the epitome of cool. The gang includes: Everyman ERIC FORMAN (Topher Grace); his independent girlfriend DONNA (Laura Prepon); the good-looking but gullible KELSO (Ashton Kutcher); conspiracy theorist HYDE (Danny Masterson); Hyde's peppy girlfriend JACKIE (Mila Kunis); and FEZ (Wilmer Valderrama), the foreign kid who's soaking up American culture like a sponge. There's also Eric's stern father RED (Kurtwood Smith); upbeat mother KITTY (Debra Jo Rupp); and Donna's dad BOB (Don Stark), who has a penchant for perms and medallions.

Remember to read and understand the Supplemental Rules For The Spoilers Boards.

Last edited by Airie75; 03-13-2005 at 05:50 PM
Old 03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Love the title Exactly how I feel. LOL am I the only one who thinks I am going to have a heart attack or be shocked when we find out what really happened in the episode have no spoiler for?

ETA : why does the beginning of the thread say thread #26?

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 03-13-2005 at 05:44 PM
Old 03-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

maria...thanks.

Gracie, Cherry and Jess...those are all fantastic scenarios. I could see them all working quite well. Oh, if only the writers would listen to us...we'd have the most fabulous J/H goodness every.

In reading back on Jess's speculation it evoked a thought in my mind that's been hiding in a corner, scared to come out and voice it's opinion.

Up until now I've mocked Jackie's near desperate, adament desire to get married, especially since she's still in highschool, and don't get me wrong, I still hold some reservations concerning it. But for the first time, I really gave some serious consideration, even come to understand, in a way, why getting married is so important to Jackie.

Despite the shiny, superficial exterior and a life of getting pretty much anything she wanted by whining, demanding and bitching...Jackie's never really gotten what she's needed and that's to be chosen...first. It's pretty obvious that her parents had other interest, being the pursuits of their jobs or the continual vacation...Jackie wasn't their first obligation. I mean, why else would a snobby, preppy, rich cheerleader spend 98% of her time in a smelly, pot filled basement with a bunch of social misfits? She craved what she didn't receive at home. Parents that loved one another and loved their kids and were active in their lives. Friends who accepted her despite how difficult she made it at times...and now with Hyde, someone who she loves, desperately...she wants to be his first choice. Not, "I don't know" concerning their future...not..."Why can't you be happy with what we have?" His choice that she's what he wants because all her life, she's had to make the best with being a second choice to her parents...and doesn't want to do that again with the man in her life.

(shrugs)

Just something rattling around in my mind...

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by Darbi; 03-13-2005 at 06:07 PM
Old 03-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey darbi can you ask sophie for me if she got my pm? coz i sent it her a couple of days ago but she never replyed, i seem to have trouble sending messages for some reason so i wanna know if she got it!

thanx
Old 03-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Will do darlin'.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 03-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, sorry! I just changed it to #28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi
Despite the shiny, superficial exterior and a life of getting pretty much anything she wanted by whining, demanding and bitching...Jackie's never really gotten what she's needed and that's to be choosen...first. It's pretty obvious that her parents had other interest, being the pursuits of their jobs or the continual vacation...Jackie wasn't their first obligation. I mean, why else would a snobby, preppy, rich cheerleader spend 98% of her time in a smelly, pot filled basement with a bunch of social misfits? She craved what she didn't receive at home. Parents that loved one another and loved their kids and were active in their lives. Friends who accepted her despite how difficult she made it at times...and now with Hyde, someone who she loves, desperately...she wants to be his first choice. Not, "I don't know" concerning their future...not..."Why can't you be happy with what we have?" His choice that she's what he wants because all her life, she's had to make the best with being a second choice to her parents...and doesn't want to do that again with the man in her life.
And I also think it's why she stayed with Kelso as long as she did--she was able to get what she wanted (because she had been conditioned to go after that by the life she grew up in, thinking that those things should satisfy her, so she didn't quite consciously understand her deep human needs) and because he gave her the attention, however superficial, that she lacked at home and had thus developed a craving for.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Will do darlin'.
thanx chick!
Old 03-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
maria...thanks.

Gracie, Cherry and Jess...those are all fantastic scenarios. I could see them all working quite well. Oh, if only the writers would listen to us...we'd have the most fabulous J/H goodness every.

In reading back on Jess's speculation it evoked a thought in my mind that's been hiding in a corner, scared to come out and voice it's opinion.

Up until now I've mocked Jackie's near desperate, adament desire to get married, especially since she's still in highschool, and don't get me wrong, I still hold some reservations concerning it. But for the first time, I really gave some serious consideration, even come to understand, in a way, why getting married is so important to Jackie.

Despite the shiny, superficial exterior and a life of getting pretty much anything she wanted by whining, demanding and bitching...Jackie's never really gotten what she's needed and that's to be choosen...first. It's pretty obvious that her parents had other interest, being the pursuits of their jobs or the continual vacation...Jackie wasn't their first obligation. I mean, why else would a snobby, preppy, rich cheerleader spend 98% of her time in a smelly, pot filled basement with a bunch of social misfits? She craved what she didn't receive at home. Parents that loved one another and loved their kids and were active in their lives. Friends who accepted her despite how difficult she made it at times...and now with Hyde, someone who she loves, desperately...she wants to be his first choice. Not, "I don't know" concerning their future...not..."Why can't you be happy with what we have?" His choice that she's what he wants because all her life, she's had to make the best with being a second choice to her parents...and doesn't want to do that again with the man in her life.

(shrugs)

Just something rattling around in my mind...

That does make sense.
I've also had this weird idea that maybe she did start dating Kelso because 1) he wanted her and 2) so that she could hang around the basement, around nice guy Eric and his stable family life, and around friends that seemed to cared for each other.

Maybe her theme song is or should be, "I Want You To Want Me."
Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh darbi i wanted to ask you, are inspired yet to update by heart? i keep asking, i must be annoying but i just enjoy that story soo much
Old 03-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie75
Ooh, sorry! I just changed it to #28.

And I also think it's why she stayed with Kelso as long as she did--she was able to get what she wanted (because she had been conditioned to go after that by the life she grew up in, thinking that those things should satisfy her, so she didn't quite consciously understand her deep human needs) and because he gave her the attention, however superficial, that she lacked at home and had thus developed a craving for.

Yep.

With Hyde it's easier to see why he's the way he is and why his approach to life is with a great deal of anticipated failure. Dad took off when he was a kid, mom checked out, at least emotionally probably soon after, and blamed him for having to be stuck with the responsibility of raising a kid alone. Then eventually she takes off because she no longer wants the responsibility. With Jackie...it's just the opposite. From the outside everything looks fantastic, beautiful home, fancy clothes, lots of money, both parents there (physically...at times) but underneath...she's been left alone emotionally probably about the same time Hyde was...as a kid needing and wanting their guidance...but mostly their attention.

Aire, I really liked the comment you made the other day about Hyde bremming with emotions, but he hides it. He wants to love, feel anything but numb about everything, but it's a risk because he's been rejected all his life. Jackie's cup runneth over with emotions. Hardly is she ever able to contain what she feels or thinks, which can be and up until now has been her downfall in a many ways.

Given the dynamics of their personalities and the similarities of the emotional, parental detachments they went through, I just knew the writers would continue to explore that aspect for them and how they are trying to overcome it with each other..

Alas...they haven't.

acting star, I wish I had good news for you...but I don't. I haven't touched that document in a few weeks now. Sorry.

Last edited by Darbi; 03-13-2005 at 06:36 PM
Old 03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

oww,it don't matter all this speculation is keeping me alive!

the views that ur all coming up with are soo good, but i just hope the writers will have their reunion really good and suprise us at the same time! i don't wan to be disapointed like we were with last reunion, but this storyline has made up for it!

i'm off to bed now! nite nite x
Old 03-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Night * AcTiNg StAr *

Don't let those bed bugs put their feet in your ass.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree their childhoods have made them look really dissimilar on the outside and very similar on the inside. As Jackie said Hyde pushes people he loves away and Jackie clings to them and that's why they make such a good couple. I also think that's why it is more special when we see the outward signs of affection by Hyde(shaving his beard, showing how much he cares about her to the group) and the fact that Jackie seems to be surviving, albeit with some circle truth or dares, to accept that Hyde doesn't say I love you-at least on camera.

The problem really is that whatever happens on the show, there are 50 other scenarios that I would like to see too.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskinder
I agree their childhoods have made them look really dissimilar on the outside and very similar on the inside. As Jackie said Hyde pushes people he loves away and Jackie clings to them and that's why they make such a good couple. I also think that's why it is more special when we see the outward signs of affection by Hyde(shaving his beard, showing how much he cares about her to the group) and the fact that Jackie seems to be surviving, albeit with some circle truth or dares, to accept that Hyde doesn't say I love you-at least on camera.

The problem really is that whatever happens on the show, there are 50 other scenarios that I would like to see too.
And there are a ga-gillion of other scenarios we could see with these two...problem is...will we?

Stupido writers!!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

But you know, even if they were doing this WELL, we would still think of more, because...well, shows have to end, series have to end, they only have limited spaces. But we can just spew as much as we want.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread