Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Alias 4x10 - "Index"

Wednesday, Mar. 9
"The Index"

Sydney's theory that Sloane is trying to re-form the Alliance threatens her relationship with Nadia, who refuses to believe her father is double-crossing the CIA. Meanwhile, Vaughn learns the first of possibly many startling secrets about his father. Angela Bassett guest stars as CIA Director Hayden Chase.

summary taken from abc.com
who you will be.

Last edited by Big Head want Dolly; 10-29-2011 at 05:02 AM
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess it's kind of interesting that they're giving us a bit of background on Vaughn. But I hope the whole thing with Syd and Sloane has at least SOME reference to Rambaldi! I feel like that plot has totally fizzled out, like the writers have lost their way.
of astounding proportions. Marianne J. Legato, MD
archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds good to me, but I hope that we're gettin Rambaldi back But the new eppy is so far away... Hiatus
Old 03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

This is that episode without Sark, ay?

[Homer Simpson]Pass.[/HS]

Finally something is coming up with Sloane. It's been getting tedious with Syd just telling him how much she hates him and him concealing his enjoyment.
Quote:
I feel like that plot has totally fizzled out, like the writers have lost their way.
They totally have. I was watching the first couple of eppy's of S2, and the contrast between then and now is unbelievable. The standalone format just doesn't work for Alias, and I'm glad they're coming out of it now. The whole point of this show are the threads that go through each eppy, and it binds them together. This season suffers for the lack of it. Badly.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

to Impressions for starting this thread

Looks like a good episode with lots of tension
Old 03-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fireboard
They totally have. I was watching the first couple of eppy's of S2, and the contrast between then and now is unbelievable. The standalone format just doesn't work for Alias, and I'm glad they're coming out of it now. The whole point of this show are the threads that go through each eppy, and it binds them together. This season suffers for the lack of it. Badly.
I've said this before.. I think the great writers were actually poached for Lost. It's SO incredibly popular and intriging.. I mean JJ does both shows, so it would make sense.. it just bums me out, because I am such an Alias fan! Urrgghh!
of astounding proportions. Marianne J. Legato, MD
archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by archergirl
I've said this before.. I think the great writers were actually poached for Lost. It's SO incredibly popular and intriging.. I mean JJ does both shows, so it would make sense.. it just bums me out, because I am such an Alias fan! Urrgghh!
Alias has become the weirdo cousin that everyone ignores.... I think Ken Olin is really the only person left from the beginning, and i dont trust him at all, he was left fully in charge of season 3, and look at that disaster...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by archergirl
Yeah, the writers have something to do with it, but wasn't it ABC who wanted the standalone eppy's? I actually don't know if it was because I wasn't paying much attention to the build up of this season, but whoever's bright idea the standalones were, is a moron. That's not Alias, and the only way to bring it back to the way it was, is to bring the old format back.

Otherwise it's just a bunch of stuff happening that I don't give a hoot about.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, that episode is done. I have so many mixed feelings over it...

- I liked the angst in the eppy, for the most part. I seriously thought that Sydney was going to get caught by Sloane at Nadia's birthday dinner. It had a bit of the old Alias feel. Also, Sloane is just so deliciously sly... i love it
- The Sydney/Weiss bit in France, where he's going off at her in french, and she's all mimicking him and saying she can't understand was hysterical... very cute skit
- I want Sloane's wine glasses... and I loved Angela Bassett's hair.
- Is anyone else thinking of buying a hybrid after Jack's little environmentally friendly spiel? seriously, Jack rocks!
- Nadia was again a bit over the top. So was Sydney actually, now that i think about it. And all that crap about spending time with family - spare me.
- Marshall as a great DJ
- So for a second, I thought Jack had turned all evil... i really did, they almost had me. I think it's been so long since this show has surprised me that i'm willing to take almost anything they throw at me
-Speaking of, is the Alliance back together? Is it not? Was it just those 3 guys that were supposed to be the new threat? Because if i remember correctly, didn't it have like 14 members or something line that?
- Anyone else seriously fascinated by the Jack/Sloane alliance? I mean, really, what in the hell are they up to?
- Why was Michael there? I mean, seriously... and who the hell is Rosemary? This better all lead back to Rambaldi, is all i gotta say... from a look at that notebook, it looks like it might.
- On a sidenote, Vaughn's got great hair... could be the main reason i can never fully hate him.

And still, despite all of that, the episode fell a bit flat - again. I don't know, I just can't say I loved it, and I have no idea why.... huh.

Next week looks almost as good as Welcome to Liberty Village

Completely OT - but, since I found out you no longer need 500 posts to have a customized avi, I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to my shinny, new avatar... ain't he pertty?
---
Sark (to Sydney): You are so good, do you know that?
stranger451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Tonight's episode was good.

I think my favorite part was the b-day dinner of Nadias ~ Weiss talking about Syd's mission and acting job in Paris by destroying that big SUV ~ he said next time he'd get a hybrid car. And then he asked "Arvin" what the thought Sloane's expression. And everyone's looks! Oh my So Jack tries to help out and launches into that long speech about the economy and gas prices and the peaking and falling of gas.... It was just hilarious!

Weiss kissed Nadia's head when he gave her the cake!

And I loved this intriguing part of Vaughn's past -- his father???? Who is this Rosemary? Etc. I liked getting a bit of Vaughn besides just the sidekick.

And the ending has left me with many questions too. Surely Jack is not involved in some evil scheme with Slone

Carol
Old 03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger451
Well, that episode is done. I have so many mixed feelings over it...

- I liked the angst in the eppy, for the most part. I seriously thought that Sydney was going to get caught by Sloane at Nadia's birthday dinner. It had a bit of the old Alias feel. Also, Sloane is just so deliciously sly... i love it
- The Sydney/Weiss bit in France, where he's going off at her in french, and she's all mimicking him and saying she can't understand was hysterical... very cute skit
- [......] and I loved Angela Bassett's hair.
- Is anyone else thinking of buying a hybrid after Jack's little environmentally friendly spiel? seriously, Jack rocks!
[......]
- Marshall as a great DJ
- So for a second, I thought Jack had turned all evil... i really did, they almost had me. I think it's been so long since this show has surprised me that i'm willing to take almost anything they throw at me
-Speaking of, is the Alliance back together? Is it not? Was it just those 3 guys that were supposed to be the new threat? Because if i remember correctly, didn't it have like 14 members or something line that?
- Anyone else seriously fascinated by the Jack/Sloane alliance? I mean, really, what in the hell are they up to?
[.....]
- On a sidenote, Vaughn's got great hair... could be the main reason i can never fully hate him.

And still, despite all of that, the episode fell a bit flat - again. I don't know, I just can't say I loved it, and I have no idea why.... huh.

[.....]

Completely OT - but, since I found out you no longer need 500 posts to have a customized avi, I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to my shinny, new avatar... ain't he pertty?
I agreed with the above points I deleted the stuff I couldn't second

I, too, am quite confused and intrigued and wanting answers that I know will be a long time coming.

I do wonder what is up with Sloane and Jack.

About the avie ... that is actually a mistake I believe. The mod managers are in the process of doing standard avies of the large size.... I think the idea was to still have 500 posts before a custom avie was allowed, but there was a glitch in the system. At leas this was the case before I left for my trip. I've been away a week and might have missed something
Old 03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Passionate Fan

!

I loved Dixon and Sydney working together again but the sneaking around in Sloane's house was from season one's page 47 episode. Vaughn's dad and the spydaddys working together is very interesting.

I loved the acting and tension between Sydney and Nadia. It was perfect. I like their sibling relationship.

Nadia's rescue of Jack was bad ass. Best. Spy ever material.

Weiss and the birthday cake = awww!
Weiss and Sloane = LMAO!

and Chase so wants Dixon
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Brenda Corinthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl
I agreed with the above points I deleted the stuff I couldn't second

I, too, am quite confused and intrigued and wanting answers that I know will be a long time coming.

I do wonder what is up with Sloane and Jack.

About the avie ... that is actually a mistake I believe. The mod managers are in the process of doing standard avies of the large size.... I think the idea was to still have 500 posts before a custom avie was allowed, but there was a glitch in the system. At leas this was the case before I left for my trip. I've been away a week and might have missed something

I'm sorry... excuse me... did you just lazily use my entire post to make your points for you, and THEN, proceeded to burst my avi bubble? That's just mean

I'm kidding... i know my post was brilliant - who could've resisted, really?

Still mad about the avi though.
---
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger451
I'm sorry... excuse me... did you just lazily use my entire post to make your points for you, and THEN, proceeded to burst my avi bubble? That's just mean

I'm kidding... i know my post was brilliant - who could've resisted, really?

Still mad about the avi though.
Hey, I quote all kinds of people's posts and agree or disagree with them.... I think it's the only fair way to give people credit for what they say (unless I refer to them by name) I honestly think that is the English instructor in me coming out -- I want people giving credit to the person who first says or comes up with an idea and on here so many people ( -- me included sometimes) don't take the time to read other peoples posts or give credit to them for their ideas. I like to try to do that -- give credit -- and the build upon or reiterate those ideas

And don't worry about the avie -- if you got it, use it I know of one other person who somehow was able to get a custom avie before the 500 posts, so I say go for it -- it is a great avie by the way
Old 03-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl
Hey, I quote all kinds of people's posts and agree or disagree with them.... I think it's the only fair way to give people credit for what they say (unless I refer to them by name) I honestly think that is the English instructor in me coming out -- I want people giving credit to the person who first says or comes up with an idea and on here so many people ( -- me included sometimes) don't take the time to read other peoples posts or give credit to them for their ideas. I like to try to do that -- give credit -- and the build upon or reiterate those ideas

And don't worry about the avie -- if you got it, use it I know of one other person who somehow was able to get a custom avie before the 500 posts, so I say go for it -- it is a great avie by the way
Well, you quoting me was cool... i do it all the time. And like I said, it was a brilliant post. Grammatically correct and everything (I thought i'd appease the english instructor in you ). So, you quoting me - not an english instructor thing. You taking my post semi-seriously and explaining your post - total english instructor thing to do . (I also really like saying english instructor, in case you haven't noticed).

I'm totally hoping to keep the avi
---
Reply   Post New Thread