Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

The Rules of Attraction (2002) #1: "Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll."

Bringing this back from the depth of dying a long time ago. So anybody else still love this movie as much as I do or remember the old thread and was a member
The Seannaholic Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG! I so did NOT get this movie. I was going "WTF?!" through most of it.

But you know what REALLY pisses me off about it is that it was filmed at my private university during my senior year, and I had NO IDEA about it!! I could have been an extra partying with the Beek. I had classes in many of the rooms they showed and walked down those halls. I recognized my campus from the very first scene it was in, and remember pausing the movie to get online and verify that it was my school. I was enraged when I saw that it was.

I've seen it a few times, but mostly because it was filmed at my campus.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this movie. I'm so glad theres a thread for it.
The story was great and the mixture of characters was brilliant too. James Van Der Beek did an awesome job.
groovyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

I do, I do!

I actually was thinking about this thread a few days ago. I was like that thread totally disappeared. I actually watched this about 2 or 3 months ago. I tried to get my current bf to watch it but he only watched until it started re-winding and then he stopped it. Cause see I got in the shower to wash my face real quick and told him to go ahead and start it because I would be right out. He was the one that saw it in my dvd collection and asked about it so I said yeah, let's watch it. I asked him why he stopped it, was it just because it started doing the rewinding thing? And he said yeah that & he didn't really get what the heck was going on. I told him that we should try to watch it again later together because he would love the scenes with Dick and the whole "Faith" scene. I don't understand why some people find the movie so hard to get & why they turn it off. I know it's an accquired taste movie and it deals with some uncomfortable topics (I could never watch this with my parents Talk about weird) but to me those things can be intriguing and the movie is definitely worth watching!! Also I've read the book as well.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Hi

Its definately a one off movie. Very complex in places but highly enjoyable.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just found Sean Bateman to be so, uh, hmm, can't find the word to describe him. He was no Patrick, that's for sure, but it was cool how they tied both characters together.

Sasha
Old 07-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Total Fan

Scars and Stitches // Guster

Eeeee! I love you for starting this thread up. This is one of my favourite movies and I make everyone always watch it with me. I actually just watched it twice last week... once with one of my friends that likes it a lot, and and the other time was with someone that had never seen it. This movie is definitely not for everyone... but I just happen to adore it.

Everything fits so perfectly. The music, the acting, the quotes. I just love it so much.

Steph - that's funny about your boyfriend. I actually watched it with one of my best guy friends a few months ago and he had told me he had seen the first 10 minutes of it and hated it. It took me a lot of convinving and a lot more to get him to finally cave in and watch it with me. I knew he'd love it - totally his kind of movie, and he did. I was pleased.

Sasha - Where did you go to school? I never knew where they fmiled it... and that's awesome!

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
under the table and dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Re: Scars and Stitches // Guster

Quote:
Originally posted by under the table and dreaming
Sasha - Where did you go to school? I never knew where they fmiled it... and that's awesome!
University of Redlands in Redlands, California. It was so funny watching some scenes, though, since it's supposedly an east coast school they're at. I was laughing so hard when Sean is sitting outside on some benches and it starts snowing. It so does NOT snow here in this part of Southern California! But it was pretty cool seeing him sit in the same benches I sat on during graduation.

Sasha
Old 07-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

ROA is either a movie you like or hate...I don't know how many times I have watched it. Anybody watch the commentary with Carrot Top?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by under the table and dreaming

Steph - that's funny about your boyfriend. I actually watched it with one of my best guy friends a few months ago and he had told me he had seen the first 10 minutes of it and hated it. It took me a lot of convinving and a lot more to get him to finally cave in and watch it with me. I knew he'd love it - totally his kind of movie, and he did. I was pleased.

Lots of Love!
Heathyr
It's so weird how most people dislike it from just the first 10 mins. I mean what, do they think the whole movie rewinds or something? Or maybe they think it's a movie where you have to rewatch the same scene a billion times? I mean that would keep me watching wanting to know exactly what happens after the rewinding part. I think my bf would like it. He said we would watch it again but so far haven't had time.

Yeah, that is really cool about the school. It's definitely an East Coast college, right?

Also I love the song during the "Dressed to get Screwed" party. Thicke, baby.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Galaxia21
Yeah, that is really cool about the school. It's definitely an East Coast college, right?
In the movie it is, but not in real life.

Sasha
Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Total Fan

Satellite // Dave Matthews Band

It looks like it would be an East Coast college for sure. I'm suprised when you said California. Just the architecture of the buildings. Good to know though!

I just love all of the music in the movie!

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
under the table and dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

The music is really good too.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Did anybody else buy the soundtrack too? It was really hard, but I finally found a copy a few months ago on ebay. I wish they did have the Thicke song on the soundtrack, but they didn't. But I have the MP3 of the song, so I'm happy somewhat.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I love this movie. My friend and I went to see it at the theatre and in the end we didn't know that it was the end until it said the end. But i love this movie.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread