Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly Clarkson Appreciation Thread #36 - Because we're not fighting the Addiction

Kelly Clarkson Appreciation Thread #36 - Because we're not fighting the Addiction

Title inspired by Kelly's favorite song on the album, called "Addicted". It's corny, I know. lol If you think of a better one, let me know.

UPCOMING APPEARANCES

American Music Awards -- November 14th -- Presenting
American Dreams -- November 21st -- Appearing as Brenda Lee again

Kelly Clarkson Websites
www.kellyclarkson.ca (For all things video and Audio)
www.ultimatekc.com (For all things pictures)
KCE Board
RCA's Kelly Message Board
Official Website
www.kckellyville.com
www.kclarkson.org

ALBUM RELEASE DATE: October 30th 2004!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Previous Thread
Old 11-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Banned

I really like the title of the new thread.

I saw this article on MTV's website about the concept for the new video. It looks like Kelly is getting in touch with a more mature and darker side of herself in this video. I honestly think this could be her best so far. The premise is excellent. Good for Kelly shedding her girl-next-door image.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/149...004/id_0.jhtml
Old 11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Just what I've imagined this video will look like is enough to make me... Uh, nevermind.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 11-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot express how much I am loving the sound of this video. It is such a step forward if you ask me, and away from the cheesiness of AI.

Quote:
I honestly think this could be her best so far.
I could not agree with you more! A deeper album, with deeper more mature songs...and a video that fits that theme perfectly! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Just what I've imagined this video will look like is enough to make me... Uh, nevermind.
LOL I'm not entirely surprised. :wink:
Old 11-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Extreme Fan

That video sounds awesome. I loves me some angry Kelly. Too bad we'll probably never get it here. We don't even have a release date for the album . Stupid Australia.

Um , re-reading the article , does it seem to anyone else that she's trashing her girlfriends apartment for cheating on her with a guy ? Cause that's what I'm getting from it.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sasha*
That video sounds awesome. I loves me some angry Kelly. Too bad we'll probably never get it here. We don't even have a release date for the album . Stupid Australia.
Australia was listed somewhere as getting the album. This will be released where you are I'm sure. Australia and Canada are the two countries aside from the US where Kelly is most popular (Breakaway was high on the charts in australia a few weeks ago)

Quote:
Um , re-reading the article , does it seem to anyone else that she's trashing her girlfriends apartment for cheating on her with a guy ? Cause that's what I'm getting from it.
Um...I didn't get that vibe, but that's funny. LOL I definitely got the "You took my man you beyotch!" vibe. I love how it says she flushes down the birth control pills. "Well there! No pills...no fun for you tonight!" LOL
Old 11-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Total Fan

thanks for the link guys
goin to check out kc.ca whenever i get the chance next.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a heads up...there are new ASK JESS questions at www.kellyclarkson.ca with news about the album.

Also, Kelly will be featured on this VH1 show. She will be critiqued on episode 1.

Ebert & Roeper - they're old school. The L.A. Times...too stiff for the room. And Entertainment Weekly. It's so 90s. Now, there's a new way to get the inside word on all the hottest movies, the hippest music, and the coolest TV shows. It's Red Light Green Light and our motto is "We Watch Everything So You Don't Have To!"

Set in an upscale pool hall lounge, Red Light Green Light is hosted by Chris Coppola, Loni Love, and Ant - a threesome of comedians and pop culture junkies with attitude. Each week, this tweaked trio of reviewers will fire off their opinions on the week's newest releases. Our hosts aren't afraid to say what they feel and their formula is simple: Red light is bad, Green light is good.

Movies: We'll review three movies each week in a fast, concise, and to the point manner. Each host will score each film with a Redlight or Greenlight.

DVDs: We'll review the coolest DVDs being released this week. Our hosts will talk about everything from the on-set interviews to the director's track.

Television: We'll highlight three "must see" shows for the upcoming
week - and preview the main storyline for each. Then, each host will present "a new favorite find" - a show that he or she recently discovered while channel surfing. All three hosts will chime in about these "new favorite finds" and award each program a Redlight or Greenlight.

Music: We'll review three of the hottest new music singles of the week from the country's hottest artists.

Wed 11.17
7:30 PM
Redlight Greenlight: Episode 1 Finally there's a way to get the inside word on all the hottest movies, the hippest music, and the coolest TV shows. This week's reviews include:

Kelly Clarkson , OutKast , Modest Mouse
Old 11-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

I like the title!

Quote:
We got the Breakaway vid, I'm sure we'll get this one. Yum, BTW.

Quote:
*snorts*
Old 11-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well this might just kill some of you....LOL

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/music/2004/11...youvebeengone/

Kelly Clarkson's 'Been Gone'

November 4, 2004
Say bye-bye to KELLY CLARKSON's R&B persona. In her new video, "Since You've Been Gone," the "American Idol" channels a rock 'n' roll bad-girl, complete with black leather and chains.

On tonight's ET, we're exclusively on the set of the L.A. club where director ALEX De RAKOFF puts the talented songstress through the paces of her new look and her new sound.

"It's a little more rock than last time, but still has a lot of soul," she commented about the album in a message on her Web site.

"Since You've Been Gone," is the first single from Kelly's Breakaway CD, being released on RCA Records, Tuesday, Nov. 30 -- just in time for fans to buy the album as a stocking stuffer for the holidays. Kelly will also perform the song that night on "The Tonight Show starring Jay Leno."

Of course, "Breakaway," written by AVRIL LAVIGNE and MATTHEW GERRARD, was the title song recorded by Kelly for the motion picture, 'Princess Diaries 2,' and she liked it so much, she borrowed it for her follow-up album to Thankful.

Also coming up, the Texas tornado, RUBEN STUDDARD and FANTASIA will perform classic holiday songs on a one-hour Christmas special, "Kelly, Ruben & Fantasia: Home for Christmas," airing Wednesday, Nov. 24, at 9 p.m. on FOX.

For more on Kelly's new video, tune in to tonight's ET. And don't forget, the fourth season of "American Idol" kicks off in January 2005 on FOX.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Leather. Chains.

Well, you can call it. At what, 11:24pm my time?

Since when did she have an R&B persona, though? I hate R&B.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Holy

If it turns out that she's wearing a leather jacket and a chain on her belt, though, I'm going to write a nasty letter to Mary Hart.

Please tell that with two different sources, it's safe to assume it's "Since You've Been Gone." I don't want to have to lock the pretty Kelly CD in a drawer.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

"Please tell that".
Old 11-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Absolute Fan

I love you too, baby.