Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Good morning use the force, and welcome to the thread. Great site.

Posting pictures can be done by clicking on the "IMG" button, and copying the URL into the alert box that apears.

Nice pictures and threads.

Just a little bit to add to what Use the Force posted:

"You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side." Emperor Palpatine, Return of the Jedi.

With Obi-Wan hidden aboard Senator Amidala's Naboo Skiff, and on his way to the secret location of his former student, Anakin SKywalker, Yoda makes his way to the Galactic Senate - now the Imperial Senate where the Emperor resides.

Yoda walks down a long hallway that leads to the entrance of a room called the "Holding Office of the Supreme Chancellor." Two Imperial Guards block the room. As Yoda approaches lightning shoots from the hands of the Emperor. Yoda makes a subtle gesture and deflects the lightning; shocking the Imperial Guards into unconciousness.

Yoda removes his lightsaber and the Great Battle begins. With speed and veracity it moves closer to the huge Chancellor's Pod that occupies the middle of the room until the Jedi and the Sith are upon its great foundations. Suddenly, the pod begins to rise as the two combatants battle it out...

Meanwhile, on the volcanic planet of Mustafar, the Naboo Skiff lands.

Here are a couple of promo pix that were on the same thread as the previous pictures:

Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.

Last edited by Cryostar; 01-01-2005 at 03:16 PM
Old 01-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Darth Sidious looks fat and cheesey in that pic
Old 01-02-2005, 07:09 PM
New Fan

here is a small pic of anakin ready to take on a battle droid. sorry its so small

Old 01-02-2005, 07:20 PM
New Fan

here is some more pics. i dont know if they are real though.

http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/page12.html
Old 01-03-2005, 03:27 AM
Administrator

Wow, those are incredible spoilers, use the force. Thanks for sharing them with us!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

There is a BIG spoiler (but it might just be speculation) being banded about (see cough TB cough from AICN.

It's that Anakin does indeed kill Obi-Wan at the end of the famed duel, and the Obi-Wan we see in Ep4 ie Alec Guiness is indeed a clone.

What do you all think?

If he is really a clone, why do we see him disolve into nothing when Vader cuts him down (again?) and why do we see his force-image at the end of Ep6? Ok, so that could be real Obi-Wans force-image, but would it have aged?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

It's an interesting rumor, but I think with what we know of ROTS so far...there's little chance of that being true. It can probably go into the same bucket as the theory that YODA and ObiWon really die in ROTS, and the images we see in Ep 4-6 are really force images, which would explain why the jedi don't disappear in the prequels...

Thanks for the link Use the Force.

Here's some info a friend at work found for me:

*General Grievous*
Years ago, a war broke out between Grievous' species, the Kaleesh, and their planetary neighbors, the insectile Huk. Grievous became infamous during the course of this war. The Huk, whose world was rich in ore and other minerals, were in good with the Republic, whom they called on for intervention. What followed were "agressive negotiations" from fifty Jedi Knights and Masters, and sanctions placed on the planet. The Kaleesh fled the Republic into the waiting arms of the Intergalactic Banking Clan, who came to their rescue, reinstating trade and assiting with funds. Grievous, however, had caught the eye of Sidious. The Sith Master saw in Grievous great potential, but Grievous refused to work with the Sith. After his refusal, Grievous was involved in a shuttle crash, organized by Sidious...(more to come, I've got to review that part)

Also, let me clarify some info I kind of bungled yesterday. After the Battle of Kalee, but before the shuttle crash, when the Republic refused assistance to the Kaleesh, the IBC offered to rescue them. They would assist the planet with finances, in exchange for Grievous' services as an enforcer. Bear in mind, this was before the shuttle crash. His proficiency as a general had drawn the attention of Lord Sidious, who expressed interest to Dooku, who expressed interest to San Hill of the IBC. Knowing that he would not come of his own accord and that many assassination attempts against Grievous had failed, Hill himself came up with the idea of a shuttle crash. Afterwards, Hill had approached Grievous and told him they could keep him alive in exchange for his services as the leader of a new army of droids that was being formed. He agreed, with the promise that no critical alterations would be made to his mind. Geonosians, however, have ways of modifying the mind without the patient being aware that he has been tampered with.

*Sifo-Dyas and the ordering of the Clones*
At this point, it has not been 100% stated who ordered the clones from the Kaminoans, but here's what's been established so far...
-Dooku did not order the clones. He did, however, erase Kamino from the archives. He also murdered Sifo-Dyas.
-Yoda confirms that there was a record of an initail contact between the Kaminoans and Sifo-Dyas.

During his time with the Jedi Order, Dooku had sensed the dark side approaching. His confidant had been Master Sifo-Dyas, who was also disturbed by what was coming, though he lacked the courage to do anything about it. After leaving the Jedi, Dooku was approached by Sidious, who taught him the ways of the Sith...

"But he needed to gauge the depth of Dooku's commitment. One of your former confidants at the Jedi Temple has perceived the coming change, Sidious had told him. This one has contacted a group of cloners, regarding the creation of an army for the Republic. The order for the army can stand, for we will be able to make use of that army someday. But Master Sifo-Dyas cannot stand, for the Jedi cannot learn about the army until we are prepared for them to learn of it."

So the murder of Sifo-Dyas was Dooku's "Sith Trials" of sorts.

*Additional Tidbits*
-The book begins during a battle on the planet of Cato Nemoidia. Also mentioned are the planets Mygeeto, Salucemi(or whatever, I butchered that one), Felucia, and Utapau.
-C-3P0 is told by another droid that, if he is ever offered a memory wipe, he should take it.

At one point, Obi-Wan is semi-complaining about the environment they're in, and Anakin says something along the lines of "It can't be worse than Tatooine...I'd never go back there(paraphrased)". Obi-Wan says, "There are a lot worse places to live than Tatooine." Seemed a little too *wink wink nudge nudge* to me.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Just a quick update.....the vanity fair article seems to mention that Lucas has no problem accepting a PG-13 rating for the final cut of ROTS...he says it's that Dark, so maybe it should be.

This should be very good news.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the spoilers.

Boy did I miss a lot during these 2 weeks.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
Just a quick update.....the vanity fair article seems to mention that Lucas has no problem accepting a PG-13 rating for the final cut of ROTS...he says it's that Dark, so maybe it should be.

This should be very good news.
I'll believe it when I see it at the movie theater

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Tries to ponder how the spoiler thread got closed....

Anywho, you're welcome Liz, and I too, am somewhat doubtful Alex, but I can still hope.

In a bit of sad news. it appears that the long arm of Lucasfilm has finally reached milleniumfalcon.com and idontfear.com. Both are now closed down.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
Tries to ponder how the spoiler thread got closed....
No one from the Management Team closed this thread that I know of. This spoiler thread is allowed here, and I even changed the Official Fan Forum Rules concerning spoilers to specifically say that spoilers are allowed on this board.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D
No one from the Management Team closed this thread that I know of. This spoiler thread is allowed here, and I even changed the Official Fan Forum Rules concerning spoilers to specifically say that spoilers are allowed on this board.
That's good to know Jerry as there has always been Extreme Spoilerage at the StarWars board, as most fans want every tiny detail Infact when all is said and done, it's been known for 25 years what happens in the end! I remember knowing exactly what happens in AOTC months before it was released, just by reading the Star Wars board spoiler thread.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMilkJug
That's good to know Jerry as there has always been Extreme Spoilerage at the StarWars board, as most fans want every tiny detail Infact when all is said and done, it's been known for 25 years what happens in the end! I remember knowing exactly what happens in AOTC months before it was released, just by reading the Star Wars board spoiler thread.
I'm the same way! I can't resist reading the spoilers for this movie! The whole Anakin Skywalker turning to the Dark Side of the Force and becoming Darth Vader scenario is really intriguing to me, so I check here regularly for the latest spoilers.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D

Chris pointed this out to me, and I was all kinds of Giddy when I saw the speical mention.

I agree, I have to know what's going to happen. It's my life blood, honestly...I find it best if there are still surprises on top of what I already know.

Also, A brief update from the vanity fair article...Lucas' intention with ROTS?:

To show the world that Vader isn't really a henchman or a bad guy...but really a very sad man, who saw honest and good intentions twisted and corrupted beyond his control.

I so can't wait.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread