Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Non-Ewan Recommendations #5: We may not have good titles but we have great recommendations

continue
Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

I think its a good thread title. And thanks for starting it, by the way. I hadn't even realized how far over 300 we had gotten.

Sooo, I was just realizing that I have A LOT of shows on my dvr. Maybe more than I ever have in recent years. I think this is a good sign for the current lineup of shows that I have become faithful to so many of them.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TV seems to be better than movies. I had a lot of shows I wanted to watch this fall, but the vacation being in September prevented that and I never bothered to catch up. Now the only show I'm interested in is OUAT.
DVR is a blessing and a curse because it causes procrastination.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

It's mostly just a blessing for me. I used to outrightly dismiss so many shows because they competed with other things I watched. Now my choices have doubled!

You really do have to start watching Once... EdR will be appearing soon, and Robert Carlyle & David Anders are already on it. Plus, the guy who plays the sheriff is uber-hot. And there are some other great bits of guest-casting. (Pam from True Blood was Maleficent; Emma Caulfield of Buffy fame will be appearing at some point).
Old 12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They had Maleficent!!!! It's horrible to say, but I love Maleficent.

I'm so happy David got work after Alias. I hope he has scenes with EdR. They should hook up and have gorgeous babies
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Christmas week will be a good time to catch up on Once. How many episodes are they in now?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Tonight was the 7th.

And I am really annoyed, because remember that convo we had recently about killing off fan-favorite characters in order to be edgy?... well, Once Upon A Time is the latest offender. WHY OH WHY???
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

oh, 7 is not so bad.

Quote:
killing off fan-favorite characters in order to be edgy?... well, Once Upon A Time is the latest offender. WHY OH WHY???
but...but...what if the show is like Lost and no one is ever really dead?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

I'd say this person is as dead as Boone was. Which is very, very dead... with a chance to appear in flashbacks.

We'll see what happens. When characters I like a lot get killed off there is a chance I will tune out. I didn't with LOST, but I wish I had. I stopped watching Angel for years when they killed my favorite character and this character-death reminds me SO much of that one. Granted, the episode as a whole was by far the best of the series to date, so if it continues to be awesome I will keep watching. We shall see....
Old 12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hmm...so I guess that means when I do finally watch Once I won't allow myself to get attached to anyone. I hate when people are killed off in s1 before the audience can really get to know them.

I never stopped watching a show due to a favorite characters death. Though I wish I didn't waste my time on s3 of Roswell. I stop watching shows because they begin to bore me or are inconsistent.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Play it safe. Assume that everyone on ONCE is expendable. And then you won't be as sad as I am right now.

I don't generally stop watching shows because of character deaths, but if I am floundering on a show and only continue watching it because of a certain character... well, if that character goes away than there's really no point, right?

I'm not saying it happens that often, because I rarely continue watching shows that are uninteresting to me even if someone I like is on them.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I assume Snow will forever be safe. She's going to be like Kate Austen.

Agree, no point in watching something that only has one good thing going for it.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

But... it is a fairy tale. Could they come back? Like as a ghost?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
some fairy tales are brutal. Like the real Little Mermaid....omg is Once going to have a mermaid?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

^I think they will, eventually. They seem to be running through the gamut of Disney Princesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
So far the show has established (with several examples) that magic cannot bring back the dead. So, dead is dead, fairy tale world or not. I strongly doubt they'd bring anyone back as a ghost. The only way we will see this character again is through flashbacks. (And, like LOST, the episodes are built around cuts between present day and flashbacks).