Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't even notice Tom Ellis.
I guess he'd be an upgrade from her short date, though I'm still not attracted to him.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, total upgrade, but I'm eh about him. He's not hideous in the slightest, but he's like the Armie dude that does nothing for me. Maybe if I watch Lucifer I'll dig him. But apparently his character and Miranda get married. They seem like great friends, which is sweet. And even reunited last year for some special.

Nice to see Admiral Adama is still around.

Quote:
All of you better vote, and I am particularly looking at all of you LATINOS. ¡No sean huevones! Listen to Edward James Olmos: "We are Latino men and women in business, and we're proud to be part of the greatest country on the Earth, the United States of these Americas. We pay our taxes, vato. We serve our military, our familias, and our communities. We don't dodge trabajo duro, and we don't dodge the military, ese. And we don't dodge taxes. So why would we vote for a tax dodger, a draft dodger, and a man with no regards for our familias? Pft. This election we're dodging you, pinche Trump. ¿Qué nos crees, pendejos? Pues órale..." And since I have loved him most as Admiral Adama on Battlestar Galactica, I'll end with an appropriate phrase for this message: SO SAY WE ALL!
Old 10-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
but I'm eh about him. He's not hideous in the slightest, but he's like the Armie dude that does nothing for me
Exactly.

I refuse to see Lucifer because I hate how they make him into a romantic hero.

I see how the homely lady hired the "hot" guy to be her boyfriend. Guess I can't blame her. We'd all hire the hot guys we can't makeout with in real life to be our tv/movie boyfriends. I know you'd hire Keanu

Those sites are really annoying about cookies.

Admiral Adama should work with Laura Roslin again. They were adorable in BSG together.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I refuse to see Lucifer because I hate how they make him into a romantic hero.
Some coptic Christians, amongst others of faith, don't view the devil as evil, but rather as the most loyal and obedient angel of their deity. As the story goes for some, God said to only worship him and bow down to no one, but when he created humans, he told his angels to bow down to them. Most obviously did because they would do whatever their deity commanded. But the devil refused, not because he was a disobedient narcissist, but because of his devout love for his deity. Thus him being banished to hell is seen as a sign of his true love for God in that he didn't falter by bowing to us inferior beings.

Quote:
Admiral Adama should work with Laura Roslin again. They were adorable in BSG together.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting belief system.

I still can't bring myself to like the devil as a romantic guy... I think the show takes him from being bad to good all because of a woman's love, and I am sooooo over that trope.

Last edited by LilMouse; 10-21-2020 at 02:19 PM
LilMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just shows that everything isn't always seen as one way. Perception can significantly alter things.

Just shows that one shouldn't underestimate the power of a woman's love...
Old 10-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think of Rey and Kylo and how they had that stupid kiss at the end of Ep IX *shudders*

Let people be bad and unrepentant.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was so indifferent to them as characters, that I wasn't even phased by that scene.

Would Lucifer be considered people being a supernatural being and all? And then you have those believers that don't see him as evil in the first place, so his behavior of behaving good isn't a stretch to them, with or without a woman's love.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

when it happened, Steph looked over at me and did the puke sign.

Sure, supernatural beings can be people. Anything fictional can be people. I'd say the same thing about an evil bee in a movie or tv show.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Some coptic Christians, amongst others of faith, don't view the devil as evil, but rather as the most loyal and obedient angel of their deity.
Is that the story the show runners of Lucifer went with?

Once a priest said in his homily that hell is not fire and brimstone like most people think, but the absence of God.
Made me think of solitary confinement. Like the soul will just be sad and lonely.

Quote:
when it happened, Steph looked over at me and did the puke sign.
It was ridiculous! It came out of nowhere. It was fan service.

And honestly it promotes "falling in love" with one's torturer. He tortured her by invading her mind. He mind raped her.
She kissed and supposedly "fell in love" with her rapist.

It's sick.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sure, supernatural beings can be people. Anything fictional can be people. I'd say the same thing about an evil bee in a movie or tv show.
Oh, so you just mean a bad entity, period. I get that. Let the bad be bad. But then you have those that don't see this particular character as initially bad anyway. It's boring when characters are always good or always bad to me. Nice to add some mix, so long as it doesn't seem pushed/forced, of course.

Quote:
Is that the story the show runners of Lucifer went with?
I have no idea. Never looked into the show.

Quote:
And honestly it promotes "falling in love" with one's torturer. He tortured her by invading her mind. He mind raped her.

It's sick.
Typical Stockholm syndrome.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Made me think of solitary confinement. Like the soul will just be sad and lonely.

Quote:
It was ridiculous! It came out of nowhere. It was fan service.

It's sick.
The lead-up was terrible & weak and they didn't have chemistry

Quote:
so you just mean a bad entity, period. I get that.
correct

Quote:
It's boring when characters are always good or always bad to me. Nice to add some mix, so long as it doesn't seem pushed/forced, of course.
It depends on the character for me. Like I don't want to see any goodness out of Maleficent, like the Jolie version did. But I've harped on that in the past, so I won't rehash it.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Someone in my etymology board mentioned that a woman in a mom's group that she frequents wanted to use the name Maleficent on her daughter to be.

Quote:
In my 2U2 board tonight 😑🥴 PS most are telling her to use the name because it’s “fun and unique” a few telling her to think about the child as an adult.

Guys I need some help cause I’m kinda feeling crappy, I just made a post about our babygirls name on my Facebook that said this......
——————————————
“I think we might sit and rethink stuff,
We decided to tell a few people her name here and there (some family and close friends) and literally only 1 or two people like the name out of people we’ve told. Literally everyone else has either made fun of it, said they feel sorry for her having that name or said they weren’t going to call her by her name at all or they just don’t like it,

This is why I didn’t want to freaking tell anyone the name at all until she was here,

I get that it’s a unique name but this is what happened with Hayden (our little guy), we had other names we liked too and no one liked them so we decided to go with what everyone else liked. And granted I wouldn’t change Hayden’s name now because it fits him so well but the point is it should be our decision and I shouldn’t be feeling like **** or having second thoughts on wanting to name her what was chosen.

Btw,
Her name was
Maleficent Jaide Maloney

Optional nicknames were
Mal, Mallie or MJ”

——————————————

Like I’m not crazy for being upset over people’s reactions am I? I really loved the name and my fiancé was the one who came up with it, but now I’m having major second thoughts on it..

EDIT:
just to be clear we didn’t even look up the meaning to her name because that’s not something we thought of doing. Because her name does not mean that to us. We loved it for how it sounded and it being one of our favorites....
We all pretty much said: “Her name does not mean that to us”....honey, you can’t change the dictionary definition of your kids name.

Quote:
Do you think you have the "math genius" gene or are you basic? 🤔 🤪

Old 10-25-2020, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
wanted to use the name Maleficent on her daughter to be.

Nooooooo! Why do that to your child? It's so mean. She needs to think of connotations, not just how something sounds nice to her.
And if you like the sound, might as well go with "Millicent" (which I still think is ugly but at least it doesn't make you think of an evil fairy)

I am definitely basic. My mind is more inclined for English than math.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was good at math but I don’t remember the formulas. Use it or lose it.

I liked reading, but always had trouble with spelling. Words with lots of vowels are difficult to remember.

Quote:
We all pretty much said: “Her name does not mean that to us”....honey, you can’t change the dictionary definition of your kids name.
Good reaction.
Reply   Post New Thread