Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

OMG, I'm glad I'm still on time to watch the Pilot. I think I'll watch it today after work, if I'm not super very tired.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ No problem! We're going to spend 2 weeks on each episode until May, then go to 1 per week.

Tracey, not stupid! They weren't Chester's Mill people.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tomorrow I'll see the Pilot again! I'm so excited already and if it wasn't that late I'd watch it right now... But hey, just one more night, right?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

We can have a great discussion with so many!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just started re-watching the pilot... And how could I forget about the propane being a topic before the dome came down already? Julia got that tip from that woman.

And I recall how much I didn't like Barbie in the beginning... Oh, and Junior and Angie!

Besides, Duke had a problem with his pacemaker before the Dome came down or while the Dome came down even when he was far away...

Oh, and Barbie saving Joe! That was the moment I started to love him

Julia doesn't seem to know Barbie, huh? But he knows who she is? That's why he tried to get away from her unnoticed.
ETA - Okay, I guess he didn't know.. He was just so surprised seeing that picture of Julia and Peter.

Norrie!!!

Junior... He's so ill in his had, such an a**hole... It's unbelievable. And he's disgusting and I don't know what else to call it but I guess that my most hated tv show character in tv show history!

Besides, I love that Duke can't stand Big Jim! Sadly Duke had to die too soon in the show.

How much I miss the episodes where Linda was normal and kind of on the right side... I wish she still was!

I really didn't recall the pilot being so close to the book... There is a lot of stuff alike until it starts to go into a completely different direction.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 01-18-2014 at 09:17 AM
Old 01-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Extreme Fan

So, the pilot is close to the book?
Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good summation, Kris!

When the first scene in the Pilot is Barbie burying a guy in the woods and covering up the grave, you don't know what to think of him - but it sure doesn't look like a good start for a hero!

The kid who plays Junior, Alex, has mastered the unblinking stare. He gives me the creeps, as he's supposed to I guess ..

I agree, everything would've been so much better if Duke hadn't died right off the bat. That gave Big Jim no opposition from any Authority in the town.

I guess they had to make Linda progressively more stupid through the series in order to let Big Jim get heavier, but it's a shame they did that to her. I really liked her in the beginning, too.

Several important things happened in the first chapters of the book before the Dome came down that didn't happen in the show; but by leaving those things out, I think the series writers made it clear that they wanted to tell a different story from the very start/Pilot.
I'd say some of the character changes were most significant of all because of the way they impacted the overall storyline.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't get me wrong, the pilot isn't like the book. But although they changed characters and their relationships they nevertheless put a lot of stuff, scenes, moments in there that are really close or from the book. A lot closer than the rest of the season. That's what I wanted to point out.

Oh yes, you're right about the actor that portrays Junior! He is sooo creepy and if I wouldn't know better I'd say he was the most frightening person I've ever seen.

I'm such a Norrie/Joe shipper, sadly they didn't have one scene together in the pilot. But both on their own were great already, I can live with that.

And yes, people that are kind of burying dead people are not the ones I'd start loving right away in the same episode but he is the only one I guess. He is an awesome character and I guess I could forgive him almost everything.

Linda... Don't get me started on her. She was okay, really okay at the beginning but the way she turned out, it's so sad, I could cry. I don't like her one bit anymore. She should just learn to use her own head.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Nice, Kris.

I plan to watch it Monday.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's been a lot that I wrote I know but I tend to write during re-watches because otherwise until the end of the episode I wouldn't be able to remember everything. Too much input.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

I have to write something down as soon as I think of it. I know I'll forget later.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kris, we WANT long, analytical posts! Please don't curtail your comments!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

They are always insightful.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay Then I'll keep it that way for the rest of the re-watch! When exactly will the second episode be started?

Candice, did you have the chance to re-watch already?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kris, Candice posted a schedule of the episode re-watches in the OP of this thread.
Episode 2 is scheduled for January 26 - February 8.