Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
So it's possible that Eve is immortal then?
Maybe she was created immortal in paradise and only her children and subsequential all humans after them were mortal because they were born on earth? (Of course Cain got the immortality curse as a special treatment.)
Old 11-04-2018, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What episode is Eve joining the show?
Old 11-04-2018, 03:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I missed that reference.
So it's possible that Eve is immortal then?
Though do keep in mind that Lucifer is a very sarcastic character.
Yes but the description says "After a long life with Adam, she is bored" I doubt she was in heaven after she slept with Lucifer, or she did escape Hell too, but it doesn't fit the spoilers we have, does it?'
Old 11-04-2018, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Guess we will just have to wait and see
Old 11-04-2018, 03:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What episode is Eve joining the show?
I recall one of the articles saying she would be introduced in ep 3
Old 11-04-2018, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
I recall one of the articles saying she would be introduced in ep 3
Thanks
Old 11-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Extreme Fan

The official description is this:
"After an eternity with Adam, she’s grown restless in her marriage and longs for a less predictable time when things were exciting. Naughty. Dangerous."

So it is sounding as though she is immortal and the explanation is nowhere near what I would have guessed:
"In the DC Comics source material Eve is called “the original sinner,” and is one of the Lilim - a daughter of Lilith, a high-ranking demon."

Since Lilith is the recognized first woman in one version of Genesis, this is quite a fascinating way for Eve to emerge.
So Eve and Maze are sisters then?

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...f-eden-netflix

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 11-04-2018 at 12:02 PM
Old 11-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe they make it less complicated than in the comics and leave Lilith out and Eve is the first human woman?
Old 11-04-2018, 01:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
"After an eternity with Adam, she’s grown restless in her marriage and longs for a less predictable time when things were exciting. Naughty. Dangerous."

So it is sounding as though she is immortal and the explanation is nowhere near what I would have guessed:
"In the DC Comics source material Eve is called “the original sinner,” and is one of the Lilim - a daughter of Lilith, a high-ranking demon."

Since Lilith is the recognized first woman in one version of Genesis, this is quite a fascinating way for Eve to emerge.

Maybe she is like Cain, an immortal who lives in Earth with Adam somewhere (and I guess I'm going to pray for Adam to come and get his wife back quickly! lol )
Old 11-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
Maybe they make it less complicated than in the comics and leave Lilith out and Eve is the first human woman?
I'm all for them simplifying but they have already name dropped 'Mazikeen of the Lilim' on the folders in the Sinner man's files so I guess Lilith is technically already a thing they are hinting at and Eve would be the classic 'made from Adams rib' interpretation.

Tom Ellis has said in at least 1 Q&A that they try to stay within 'based off a comic' rather than 'based off the bible' to reduce the chance of offending people so I don't know how much of the real religious version they will want to referable.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't trust that one too.much. they can't even get the season 3 villain right. They keep calling him Adam rather than Cain.

I'm not sure how Eve is write in the general DC comics but the version in the Lucifer books, which is Vertigo so kinda outside normal DC rules, definitely isn't a demon.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm all for them simplifying but they have already name dropped 'Mazikeen of the Lilim' on the folders in the Sinner man's files so I guess Lilith is technically already a thing they are hinting at and Eve would be the classic 'made from Adams rib' interpretation.
I don't recall that reference but concur that whatever her form, it establishes Lilith's existence and hints a faithfulness to the supposed comic portrayal of Eve as being of the Lilium as well and thus Maze's sister.
"Supposed" because I haven't read them yet. I'd like to.

Quote:
Tom Ellis has said in at least 1 Q&A that they try to stay within 'based off a comic' rather than 'based off the bible' to reduce the chance of offending people so I don't know how much of the real religious version they will want to referable.
This is the reason I believe that, unfortunately, this show can't acknowledge Christmas.
That's direct religious commentary as opposed to DC's which is for the most part bible non-canon or neutral (ex. Uriel and Azrael neither biblically canon or non-canon. Both are absent from Christian reference but are present in the Apocrypha, which is more or less deleted Bible content that was considered insignificant to both the old and new testament).

Quote:
I wouldn't trust that one too.much. they can't even get the season 3 villain right. They keep calling him Adam rather than Cain.
Indeed, I noticed that, it was I who commented the correction which is the reason I used very little in reference here.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 11-04-2018 at 11:37 PM
Old 11-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Thanks for the link
Old 11-05-2018, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

X
Old 11-05-2018, 02:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love that bit. Although you can tell it's the pilot cos Lucifer lies to her about how long she's been unconcious (unless he's internally referencing an ancient calander system were a day or so was 3 years).

There is this deleted scene from Season 2 whii would have loved them to have left in when Chloe was poisoned:

https://youtu.be/myGXuxmajx0
Closed Thread   Post New Thread