Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

My feeling about this episode was that they'd simply painted themselves into a corner and then they weren't smart enough to write themselves out of it gracefully.

There was literally zero suspense in this outing.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I just saw the scenes on YT and flirted with the Steroline tag on Tumblr. I can't help wanting to be spoiled before I watch the whole episode But you guys sound really down with it, was it really that bad?

I loved that Stefan knew her last memory and doesn't need a night to find her. Stefan throwing shade at Tyler Meh, I used to think the Caroline/Tyler/Stefan dynamic was brilliant. Now it feels a little weird to watch them in a scene together and interacting
icon credit: AlwaysCB | Tumblr| Sandy
Old 04-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

^ I just found the episode really boring. And like Telepath said there was no suspense. Stefan flipping it back and Dark!SC didn't do anything for me.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

The scenes were just embarrassing.. I can't even being to tell you why.. but it.... it was like watching a really bad fan fic.. not for me at all. I miss humanity!SC. I am so glad Stefan has his humanity back.. now I just need Caroline to hurry up and get hers on, because this storyline for SC is just bad.

Stefan throwing shade at Tyler/TC was just as lame as when they had Caroline shade SE earlier in the season. I am not a fan of it at all.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Bad fanfic, that's a good way to describe it

Yeah, I just wanted to facepalm during the scenes. They weren't threatening and actually laughable. I just need normal SC back ASAP. I'm longing for their 6x13 scenes right now I'm tired of Dark!Caroline and after 6x17 I thought they'd be more fun. They should have just stayed in her dorm room and banged the whole episode

E.T.A So the two guys who wrote 6x13 also wrote 6x18 How is it possible for them to write my favourite and least favourite SC scenes?

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 04-17-2015 at 12:51 AM
Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
They should have just stayed in her dorm room and banged the whole episode
Yes!! I wanted more hotness, and even some gorging out on humans would have been better then what went on in this episode I just want episode 21 already.. can we please skip the next 2 episodes

^ I did not know that
Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

^Yeah. We didn't even get to see them eat people A waste of an opportunity because once they flip it they'll go back to the blood bag diet and I doubt they'll have relapses after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Honestly? Lame episode. Like, really lame. Vampire/witch hybrid? Give me a break. The mama/Stefan scene fell completely flat as well. I was just surprised that for once, one of Damon's plans actually worked?! That's a first!

Also, not a fan of Stefan faking it. I mean, for heaven's sake? They have two ~200-year-old vampires and one useless hangaround and they can't take on baby Caroline? Just vervain the hell out of her and stick her in a basement?! But God forbid that this show takes the logical step for once!
I laughed so much at that mythology. I thought they said they were going to tone it down with mythology so this is just dumb. Now that Damon's plan actually worked I'm expecting Elena to become human since they're going for predictability it seems.

Right! But instead of logic they wanna write fun scenes. That whole Katlena!body switch was written because they thought it was fun but it just made everyone look dumb.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Hmmm... this is the first episode of the last 5 episode arc until the finale and it seems like it was just a filler. At first seeing I was ok with it, but I found the dialogues a little lame. Who wrote this episode? It was interesting, but because of the dialogue it didn't really pay off I think. In the previous episode they handled/written Dark! Steroline a lot better. So this was not a good come back after the hiatus

I'm ok with Stefan saying things like that (they're addressing a lot of shade this season what soms of us have been thinking earlier) if they didn't throw Tyler's character under the bus this season. So I feel a little bad for Forwood fans because of that and it also doesn't put Stefan&Caroline in a good light with it being written that way. I feel like that whole Matt/Tyler/Caroline/Stefan scene was just to rub in people's faces that Stefan is the better candidate for Caroline& knows her the best, while Caroline doesn't seem to give a crap about Matt & Tyler anymore.

But... I'm glad with the interview I KNEW IT that Paul & Candice must have been told Stefan&Caroline were about to happen at some point. Stefan's body language was so telling since season 5/6. I always wondered if all of that was scripted or Paul & Candice had the freedom of acting to add those subtle moments, because they knew Stefan&Caroline were about to happen.
I don't get the Pacey/Joey parallel, but anyway
Old 04-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

great interview, heres some title ideas that can be added to the list

"It's awesome(winning tv's top couple 2015 award)! It was really fun to see that." - CA
"It's exciting to see that so many people are enjoying the characters' romantic storyline." - CA
"This means that they like it, which is really good!" - CA
"From the moment Stefan helped Caroline through her vampire transition in the second episode of season two, a seed was planted in our minds." - CA
"We spent four years delicately caring for it, hoping to slowly earn our way to where we are now." - CA
"Now we get to have the fun of seeing where it takes us next." - CA
"We love the passion from the fans, always. Thanks for voting." - CA
"I love that our fans can appreciate our desire not to rush relationships, and Stefan and Caroline's 'coupling' is one of those cases." - Caroline Dries

episode was good. loved all the fun scenes between them but i am ready for them to get their humanity back and just be their normal happy good selves.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the title ideas
Old 04-17-2015, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the title ideas. I haven't seen/read the interview yet but aren't some of those quotes from Julie?

Sandy I'm curious. Did you enjoy the Tyler/Caroline/Stefan scenes before because as far as I remember they don't actually like each other and only interact because of Caroline. What did you mean by brilliant dynamic?

I thought the shade Stefan threw at Tyler was lame even if there was some truth to it. But I liked the shade Caroline threw at Elena because it felt like it was meant specifically for Elena not SE. And I've got some unresolved season 4 issues with Carolena so it felt justified.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 04-17-2015 at 02:18 AM
Old 04-17-2015, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I thought the shade Stefan threw at Tyler was lame even if there was some truth to it. But I liked the shade Caroline threw at Elena because it felt like it was meant specifically for Elena not SE. And I've got some unresolved season 4 issues with Carolena so it felt justified.
A lot of Stefan/SC fans loved the shade thrown at Tyler as well though, so I guess it depends on who you love and how much you love them. Stefan is my absolute bb, but I didn't like the shade, although I blame the writers and the fact that he was humanity!less. I disliked the shade that Caroline threw at SE as well because it belittled a relationship I once loved, and I thought it was pretty much a maneuver to prove Caroline was jealous.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
A lot of Stefan/SC fans loved the shade thrown at Tyler as well though, so I guess it depends on who you love and how much you love them. Stefan is my absolute bb, but I didn't like the shade, although I blame the writers and the fact that he was humanity!less. I disliked the shade that Caroline threw at SE as well because it belittled a relationship I once loved, and I thought it was pretty much a maneuver to prove Caroline was jealous.
For me it's not just who I love more but also in that particular scene who feels justified. For instance I know of SC fans who hated that Stefan punched Tyler in 5x12 because Tyler had every right to be mad. I agree that Tyler had a right to be mad and thought he was justified and that Caroline should have left him alone. But when Stefan came in and Tyler outed her in an attempt to deliberately embarrass her I sided more with her, so I was glad Stefan punched him. Then the following episodes I got annoyed with how Caroline was basically forcing Tyler to be friends and forgive her and I was back on Team Tyler It's been so weird for me because I dislike Forwood and like Klaroline but I've found myself being on Team Tyler a lot of the time I just couldn't find a reason to side with Klaus.

It's true that Caroline was showing jealousy by shading Elena but Caroline's had issues with Elena before Stefan even came to town and without humanity there's no filter. I think she would have said those things even if she was dating Matt. She talked about Elena being everyone's first choice back in season 1. It's too bad she couldn't have said those words to Bonnie since she's the one who lets her life revolve around Elena the most.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 04-17-2015 at 03:48 AM
Old 04-17-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
For me it's not just who I love more but also in that particular scene who feels justified. For instance I know of SC fans who hated that Stefan punched Tyler in 5x12 because Tyler had every right to be mad. I agree that Tyler had a right to be mad and thought he was justified and that Caroline should have left him alone. But when Stefan came in and Tyler outed her in an attempt to deliberately embarrass her I sided more with her, so I was glad Stefan punched him. Then the following episodes I got annoyed with how Caroline was basically forcing Tyler to be friends and forgive her and I was back on Team Tyler It's been so weird for me because I dislike Forwood and like Klaroline but I've found myself being on Team Tyler a lot of the time I just couldn't find a reason to side with Klaus.

It's true that Caroline was showing jealousy by shading Elena but Caroline's had issues with Elena before Stefan even came to town and without humanity there's no filter. I think she would have said those things even if she was dating Matt. She talked about Elena being everyone's first choice back in season 1.
I must not have been visiting the same sites as you then Most SC fans that I saw were happy that he stepped up for her But it's not about that.. I think Stefan has a reason to feel the way he feels about Tyler because he is Caroline's friend and he only hears her side, besides he has no humanity. My problem is that I don't like the fact that it was used in the specific way it was, and the same goes for Caroline's shade. I don't think she would have made certain comments if she didn't feel the way she did about Stefan. Obviously everyone sees want they want, and I get Caroline having issues with Elena but her shade was definitely more about her feelings for Stefan imo I honestly think the writers think it's romantic or some crap.. but it just feels disingenuous to me.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 04-17-2015 at 04:00 AM
Old 04-17-2015, 04:13 AM
Extreme Fan

How Dark!Steroline was so good in 6x17 and so bad in 6x18? TVD writers team have no consistency. But anyway, I'm just happy that Stefan's back and probably Caroline in next episode.

I didn't mind with Stefan's shade for Tyley, I mean he had no humanity and never really liked him. But I didn't like all the horrible things Caroline said/did to Tyler, I feel bad for Forwood fans That's the problem with these writers, they can ruin every ship with these 'little' things.

I kind of knew I wouldn't like this episode, I just don't thought it was going to be so bad. I'm excited for next episode, though. I think we're going to get at least one good/emotional SC scene.

6x18 reminds me how much i love and miss our cute fluffy perfect and healthy Steroline <3 I even rewatch their cute scenes last night, because I was really missing them.

Last edited by vanycutrim; 04-17-2015 at 04:50 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread