Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateberg (View Post)
Do you have a link to this vid??? Desperate to see it!
Hi Skateberg, I think this is it:

Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge
Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you soooooo much, LeahMaria. I do find the way they react to the dating question very curious, especially since they've been answering it forever.

Quote:
Though sometimes I feel, the way Scott acts, that if Tessa approved, he'd start a relationship with her in a second.
I actually feel kind of the opposite. We know Scott is with someone so he really cant be into Tessa, but the way Tessa always answers the dating questions makes me think that she's the one who would persue the relationship given the chance. (I'm thinking of her "maybe" in that CTV interview when they were asked if they could ever end up together.)

Mainly I think that they've been so close for so many years that they're just used to each other and they wouldn't even know where to start. Someone mentioned that after they were apart for 2 months due to Tessa's surgery that their relationship seemed to grow and mature and I think there's some value in that. I think once they spend some real time apart they'll have to realize just how much they miss each other and how much hey meant to each other. Cuz i cant imagine what kiind of relationships they can have with other people when they spendmost of their time with each other.

Okay, I'ma stop speculating now.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateberg (View Post)
Thank you soooooo much, LeahMaria. I do find the way they react to the dating question very curious, especially since they've been answering it forever.

I actually feel kind of the opposite. We know Scott is with someone so he really cant be into Tessa, but the way Tessa always answers the dating questions makes me think that she's the one who would persue the relationship given the chance. (I'm thinking of her "maybe" in that CTV interview when they were asked if they could ever end up together.)

Mainly I think that they've been so close for so many years that they're just used to each other and they wouldn't even know where to start. Someone mentioned that after they were apart for 2 months due to Tessa's surgery that their relationship seemed to grow and mature and I think there's some value in that. I think once they spend some real time apart they'll have to realize just how much they miss each other and how much hey meant to each other. Cuz i cant imagine what kiind of relationships they can have with other people when they spendmost of their time with each other.

Okay, I'ma stop speculating now.
Yes, yes, yes. Exactly what I was thinkin. I think before Tessa was injured they were together trainin all the time, and maybe took it for granted all the time they spent with each other and how much they valued the others company. Then bein apart for so lon - must have kinda been a shock to them - suddenly this person they had spent so many hours with for so many years just wasnt there. Then now that Tessa is back on the ice maybe they are more aware how much they need the other there, not just for their skatin but for their -just friends- personal off ice relationship.

As for Tessa - I think she wouldnt necessarily be the one to pursue a relationship, but from what Ive seen, I think that if Scott tried to pursue something she wouldnt stop it. From what Ive seen, Scotts more of the jokester, and always kinda jokes around the relationship question, whereas Tessa always takes the question more seriously and I think thats why she ets flustered.

Seriously though I think that when they retire and no longer spend hours each day trainin, they may then pursue somethin off ice.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Funniest thing: I'm in a psychology class right now and I was just reading an article on this hormone that makes you really miss someone if you're apart (if you're close with the person) and then that consqeuntly makes you excited when you reunite. I think this relates to TS because they always say that they became closer after her injury, which even makes sense from a psychological point of view. They spent years and years together almost every day and then they spent two months apart. Of course they missed each other and were really happy when they finally reunited. I think that's also kind of why they savor their relationship more because as someone else said they realized how much they actually need each other, which is really cute. And idrk who would pursue a relationship more. I feel like at different times and different interviews it's always one of them, so I think they're both interested in it but are too smart to do anything right now, but hopefully in the future!!

I just realized how long that actually was, sorry for the rant, lol.

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

A very brief interview from the hockey game last weekend (Ottawa)
YouTube - Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - NHL Game 06.03.2010 interview

And from the hockey game this weekend (Leafs/Oilers), the puck dropping:
YouTube - Canadian Olympic Gold Medal Winners Honoured - Fans Sign "Oh Canada" - Mar 13th 2010 (HD)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks, Meyers, for those links!

I love how Tessa is just content with having Scott wear his medal for both of them, lol. I know she has said in some past interviews that its a pretty heavy medal to wear! I guess that's a good thing about being in a team

And OMG it continues to be soooo weird having them go out onto the ice and not hold hands! I swear, its weird for them too. You can tell hehe.
At least Scott always places a hand on her back as they walk out/away. He does it again as they leave the rink after the anthem. The camera shot at the end is really far away but you can still tell

PS: Some of those hockey players are reeeeally cute. And one of their last names was "Moreau" which just made me think of The Mighty Ducks movie and that is way OT so I'm going to shut up now lol.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy (View Post)
Thanks, Meyers, for those links!

And OMG it continues to be soooo weird having them go out onto the ice and not hold hands! I swear, its weird for them too. You can tell hehe.
At least Scott always places a hand on her back as they walk out/away. He does it again as they leave the rink after the anthem. The camera shot at the end is really far away but you can still tell

Yes, it is weird. . .like they are trying REALLY HARD not to look too close out in public. Doesn't seem natural for them, but I'm sure they are uber aware that all eyes are on them!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofpower (View Post)
Oh yeah, every time I hear Taylor Swift on the radio, somehow I'm reminded of T&S!! I don't know if any of you gals saw it tonight, but WHEN HARRY MET SALLY was on VH1. . .LOVE that movie! It totally applies to T&S. If I were a reporter, I'd ask them if they've seen it and what they thought about the concept of that movie!

btw, there was a girl on Twitter tonight who wrote this:
Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue are at the Leafs game. I LOVE them. My dad said they were asked if they were dating & Scott said, 'No but I wish.' If that really is the case, I hope there's a video of that interview that shows up soon!!! (And if he did say that, why in the world would Jess put up with that kind of disrespect? I love Scott with Tess, but some of the things he says makes me wonder if he's really serious with JD or just for show. A couple commenters on YouTube who claimed to know T&S seemed to think his relationship with JD was just a smokescreen. . .) ???!??

Princessofpower, I'd love to know what YouTube videos "supposed" friends of T&S are posting on.

I, too, have wondered how Jessica puts up with all the tongue-in-cheek remarks Scott makes about not dating Tess, but wishing he could. I don't doubt that Scott and Jessica are dating, but even if all of Scott's remarks are OK with Jess, I wonder what both sets of parents think. It's all part of the image that's being presented to the public, except I think there's some element of truth in Scott's comments.

It just seems odd that Tessa would get so flustered at the press conference by the dating question when she's been seen answering those same questions in various YouTube videos. Maybe she's just not as quick on her feet with a witty comeback as Scott is. On the other hand, Tessa has never appeared to be embarassed by any of Scott's physical touches. All of this leaves me
Here's the link to the YouTube video with all the comments from supposed friends of Jess, Tess & Scott. . .The skating world seems quite incestuous!!!

YouTube - "Why Don't You & I" - Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

The interesting thing is that the comments from @ty7346 and @jeevesandbertie were from BEFORE the Olympics. . .even @thinderellax3 said she knew them (Jess & Scott) and was surprised because they didn't hang out at Nationals. Who knows what's really going on but apparently Tessa is single now She and Fedor brokeup a while ago!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I think we all just have to be patient, I really do believe down the road they will give each other a go....

I mean seriously, look at these two!

Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's that I'm a woman. Don't get me wrong, not that every women would feel this way...but I think that if I knew a guy my whole life and we skated together like Tessa & Scott do with so much passion, I think I would develop romantic feelings for the guy. Even if I was in a relationship with someone else. I still think I would wonder about the guy and our friendship and I would probably want something more. Unless there wasn't any chemistry between us. Which obviously isn't the case with Scott/Tessa. If I was Tessa I would totally be into Scott. He is really good looking and he seems really nice and funny. Also the fact that their families are already very close, that is just an added bonus. If it was me I would probably fall in love with my skating partner! Especially if the guy was my best friend who knew everything about me and was really sweet to me, like Scott seems to be to Tessa. He looks at her like he completely adores her. They have been through so much together. I just don't think I would be able to be that close to a guy without there being something more. Maybe that's why I don't have close guy friends in my life, haha. I would secretly be jealous of him dating another girl. I would probably not be a big fan of the girlfriend, in this case - Jessica. I would want that girl to be me.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1231 (View Post)
I think we all just have to be patient, I really do believe down the road they will give each other a go....

I mean seriously, look at these two!

Exactly! I think they will definitely explore it later on...how can they not..that picture says it all too...they're Canada's Sweethearts hehe

Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDirrty (View Post)
Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's that I'm a woman. Don't get me wrong, not that every women would feel this way...but I think that if I knew a guy my whole life and we skated together like Tessa & Scott do with so much passion, I think I would develop romantic feelings for the guy. Even if I was in a relationship with someone else. I still think I would wonder about the guy and our friendship and I would probably want something more. Unless there wasn't any chemistry between us. Which obviously isn't the case with Scott/Tessa. If I was Tessa I would totally be into Scott. He is really good looking and he seems really nice and funny. Also the fact that their families are already very close, that is just an added bonus. If it was me I would probably fall in love with my skating partner! Especially if the guy was my best friend who knew everything about me and was really sweet to me, like Scott seems to be to Tessa. He looks at her like he completely adores her. They have been through so much together. I just don't think I would be able to be that close to a guy without there being something more. Maybe that's why I don't have close guy friends in my life, haha. I would secretly be jealous of him dating another girl. I would probably not be a big fan of the girlfriend, in this case - Jessica. I would want that girl to be me.
Yep, I totally agree & understand what you're saying! I think most women would see it that way. Meryl & Charlie have been together almost as long, and you can tell they are just friends--that there's no sexual tension/physical attraction there. It's not like M&C compulsively have to connect with each other like T&S do. . whether they are looking at each other or holding hands or touching in some way, T&S are *always* connected--that doesn't come from a platonic kind of love IMO. I actually don't think that Tessa is jealous of any of Scott's gfs--and vice versa. T&S seem so confident in their own relationship that they know each other needs to experience life with others--because they ALWAYS come back to each other. If there wasn't an obvious physical attraction on BOTH sides with T&S, then I could believe those two are just friends. I've had plenty of close, platonic relationships with guys where we were just friends--mainly because one of us (usually me) wasn't attracted to the other but we were still very close. Chemistry like TS' can't be faked on or OFF the ice. . .

btw, their official "logo" on their site (bottom right) sums them up perfectly--two initials morphed into ONE
The Official Site of Tesse Virtue & Scott Moir | Home
Old 03-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofpower (View Post)
Yep, I totally agree & understand what you're saying! I think most women would see it that way. Meryl & Charlie have been together almost as long, and you can tell they are just friends--that there's no sexual tension/physical attraction there. It's not like M&C compulsively have to connect with each other like T&S do. . whether they are looking at each other or holding hands or touching in some way, T&S are *always* connected--that doesn't come from a platonic kind of love IMO. I actually don't think that Tessa is jealous of any of Scott's gfs--and vice versa. T&S seem so confident in their own relationship that they know each other needs to experience life with others--because they ALWAYS come back to each other. If there wasn't an obvious physical attraction on BOTH sides with T&S, then I could believe those two are just friends. I've had plenty of close, platonic relationships with guys where we were just friends--mainly because one of us (usually me) wasn't attracted to the other but we were still very close. Chemistry like TS' can't be faked on or OFF the ice. . .

btw, their official "logo" on their site (bottom right) sums them up perfectly--two initials morphed into ONE
I think Meryl and Charlie are the perfect couple to compare TS to because they have been together just as long as TS has and you can see that they don't have the same connection TS does. It's just completely different with the two pairs and you definitely tell. The chemistry is insane between TS and even on the ice MC don't seem to be as connected as TS.

Yeah, you're right too about the morphing two initials into one because they practically are one, hehe

Also, I was watching that uhh video, I don't remember which one, but it said how like Tessa and Fedor are no more under the comments, and one of the people commented and said that Scott talks about Jessica in almost every interview, and how they make such a cute couple, but I can't seem to remember him actually talking about Jessica except for in the article once when he said he found that girl or w/e...comments??

Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

I totally agree with you all about how Meryl & Charlie really are the perfect comparison. It's actually surprising that both couples have come from such similar beginnings. How both couples have been skating together for years since they were little. Also, how both couples were too shy to talk to each other in the beginning. They have pretty much been through the same experiences. However, they are still different from each other in some obvious ways.

There is a reason I started a Tessa/Scott couples thread on this board even though I'm an American instead of a Meryl/Charlie thread. I like them but I just don't see the chemistry between Davis & White. In my opinion Meryl & Charlie don't even compare to Scott & Tessa in terms of chemistry. It just feels completely different to me when the two couples skate.

Even in interviews I find Meryl & Charlie pretty boring together. They're so professional. I just honestly don't see the connection between them, if I do see it on the ice I might notice it for a minute but that's all. I can't really ever picture them dating or being interested in each other. On the ice they definitely just seem like actors telling a story through dance. Which is what your supposed to do. But where as with Tessa & Scott it seems so real, like they really are that in love with each other. Like it's not just for show. Meryl & Charlie don't look at each other like Tessa & Scott do, they also don't touch each other all the time.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforever (View Post)
Also, I was watching that uhh video, I don't remember which one, but it said how like Tessa and Fedor are no more under the comments, and one of the people commented and said that Scott talks about Jessica in almost every interview, and how they make such a cute couple, but I can't seem to remember him actually talking about Jessica except for in the article once when he said he found that girl or w/e...comments??
Yeah, I don't remember any other interviews where he talks about her, either.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm sure you've all seen this interview, from the 2010 Canadian Nationals. But I was just watching it recently and it was making me laugh, just because of Scott's behaviour. I don't know if he was still riding the high of winning, or if he was just being himself (which I have come to believe is a little hyper, LOL) and not hiding it as well as he normally does... and meanwhile Tessa is trying her best to answer these questions without being distracted (and it doesn't always work).
YouTube - Virtue and Moir Canadians 2010 Interview

At the very beginning, I don't know if he notices something funny or was just teasing Tessa, but he gives her this little body nudge to get her attention, and they share a little amused moment.

At 1:36 or so, Tessa is commenting on how they heard 'through the grapevine' about their Goose dismount being illegal, and Tessa loses her train of thought because apparently (we can't hear him) Scott is singing (and I think we can guess which song, given Tessa's unintentional prompt).

At about 3:15, Tessa is having to answer the interesting question about if they have to take a while to come out of the moment after a program (aka, does the spell they weave on the audience also affect them?) Her answer is very good, but Scott's expression the whole time, and how he schools it back into a serious, agreeable one when Tessa glances at him... and again she stumbles with her answer right afterwards before carrying on. Too cute.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread