Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Hacky and Anne! Awesome to see you guys again.

That was my thinking on the topic...

In addition to the fact that Elena's area of expertise as a dancer is fairly specific, and it's possible that the direction Igor (and Marina) wish to take Meryl and Charlie's SD is fundamentally different from the direction the other teams will be taking (say M/C might be going with Rhythm rather than Latin, if we're going to look at this as ballroom on ice), so that she spent more time on actual choreo for Meryl and Charlie and perhaps more on general expression and basic movement with Tessa and Scott and the Shibs.
Did you read, that Marina ASK Elena to work with other teams? Why if she want something different for other teams? O V-M, Shibs and others didnt deserve something really greate?
Dont look, like Marina was happy with igir favoritism - maybe thats why she ask Elena to work at there group a little more time.
Did you really think Charlie ever could dance latina at the same level with Scott?

Quote:
I'm not saying it works for every team. It clearly ended up not working for Tanith and Ben in the long run. But that doesn't mean it isn't working for Meryl/Charlie and Tessa/Scott, and won't continue to do so.
First time V-M must start thinking about there role in the group - after 2009 WCh, when (based on Charlie words) all year all talk D-W must won medal (and this was medal, wich V-M won).
Then before OG they lost D-W at every competition (at GP - if we compare there scores, and then in GPF, where Marina came wih D-W and V-M came too late without there coach). And only at OG they won.
At 2010 WCh they could lost them too.
Now they lost them at this year WCh with much better SD and better interpretation. What will be next? If they didnt want to think about this - OK, they are OGM and WCH. But they didnt need to help D-W anymore.
And i really feel bad for all this Canton victims - for Ben (at leats Tanith found her love in Canton), Greeg and Emily Samuelson.

Last edited by fsfan1; 07-07-2011 at 03:11 PM
Old 07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Verity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1
And V-M didnt have a lot off out-side choreo if you look at there FD. Igor understand D-W could dance, like V-M and did all for D-W victory. The next step - they will give worst musc ever for Shibs and V-M?
Hahaha. Trying to imagine what songs Igor could possibly choose to edge out Mysliveckova/Novak for the title of "worst music ever".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verity
In addition to the fact that Elena's area of expertise as a dancer is fairly specific, and it's possible that the direction Igor (and Marina) wish to take Meryl and Charlie's SD is fundamentally different from the direction the other teams will be taking (say M/C might be going with Rhythm rather than Latin, if we're going to look at this as ballroom on ice), so that she spent more time on actual choreo for Meryl and Charlie and perhaps more on general expression and basic movement with Tessa and Scott and the Shibs.
Yup. I see a lot of value in having specialized consultations for each team based on the direction they're planning on going this season. And it's not like Elena's the only dance instructor in the world. I'm sure there will be enough Latin experts hanging around Arctic Edge this summer to afford every team the help they need.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Did you really think Charlie ever could dance latina at the same level with Scott?
You know what, pani? I do. I think Charlie's interpretation of Latin will wipe the, uh, ice with Scott's. I think Charlie A. White is the finest male ice dancer of his generation! In fact, his abilities are rivaled only by those of his partner, the incomparable, Igor-bewitching Meryl Davis. LONG MAY THEY REIGN!!!!

...At least, I assume this is what you automatically see when you read posts which disagree to any degree with your tempests in a teapot?

Elena's being asked back to work with the other Canton teams still doesn't indicate that the work carried out was the same for all or that it needed to be the same for all. It also doesn't mean that she was initially invited with Igor's dastardly plan of keeping her talents restricted to his beloved Meryl and Charlie. Perhaps her supplemental advice was only thought of as a possible asset for the others after she'd been in action with the other two.

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 07-07-2011 at 03:34 PM
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Where to begin...

Quote:
First time V-M must start thinking about there role in the group - after 2009 WCh, when (based on Charlie words) all year all talk D-W must won medal (and this was medal, wich V-M won).
You're basing all of that off of assumptions and likely twisting Charlie's words around. "All year all talk" by whom? Charlie and Meryl? Tessa and Scott were also quoted in a few interviews stating that they themselves felt they needed to win the 2009 World Championships to have a shot at the gold medal in Vancouver. So what are you trying to argue? Let me guess - that Marina and Igor were trying to guarantee a Worlds medal for Meryl and Charlie at the expense of Tessa and Scott?

Quote:
Then before OG they lost D-W at every competition (at GP - if we compare there scores, and then in GPF, where Marina came wih D-W and V-M came too late without there coach). And only at OG they won.
At 2010 WCh they could lost them too.
Before the Olympics, Tessa and Scott only skated head to head with Meryl and Charlie at GPF, where they bested Meryl and Charlie in the FD and ended up with a -1.79 difference in the OD. Score-wise, in the earlier GP events, Tessa and Scott finished behind Meryl and Charlie in the OD both times but were beating them in the FD by Skate Canada. If you look closely at both the OD and FD scores (but especially the OD scores in particular), what becomes apparent is that Tessa and Scott's programs were not only more technically demanding, but they were able to keep growing them throughout the season, whereas neither of Meryl and Charlie's programs had room for the same degree of growth. By Skate Canada, it was clear that Farrucas was the technically superior program to the Bollywood OD, but that it still needed more polish. By the time Tessa and Scott skated it in Vancouver, it was ready, and they blew past Meryl and Charlie's score. So to point to early GP scores as an indicator that either the judges or their coaches were intent on favoring Meryl and Charlie that season doesn't wash, especially since Meryl and Charlie have generally tended to top out their programs before Tessa and Scott (if they both have full seasons under their belts). By 2010 Worlds Tessa and Scott bested Meryl and Charlie in the OD and finished behind them in the FD because of a -1.00 point deduction for a lift, and that was the most polished and solid performance of POTO Meryl and Charlie had ever skated, whereas Tessa and Scott's FD performance was solid but not as perfect as their Olympic skate.

Quote:
Now they lost them at this year WCh with much better SD and better interpretation. What will be next?
Tessa and Scott were coming off an injury and never having skated their FD in full at a competition. It was sloppy in parts (their step sequences in particular were slower than normal), Tessa slipped at one point, and they looked gassed at the end. And yet with an unpolished program they STILL bested Meryl and Charlie's season's best FD score up to that point by over four points. So what will be next? This coming season, there's a good chance Tessa and Scott will continue to beat Meryl and Charlie in most head to head competitions, like they generally do when they've got a full season under their belts.

ETA: Hey Hacky! I hope your summer is going well.

Last edited by kris9918; 07-07-2011 at 06:03 PM
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I am talking about V-M coaches and about there traning camp - so i think this is right place to do this
Ok. But i talking about discussion D-W programs thius season, and there competition last year and 2009.... But this all must be in there own tread. This is V-M tread and I thought that all thoughts about them must be in D-W tread. Thats all.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm starting to think we should just ignore fsfan's posts when they get crazy like this, as arguing never changes her mind and actually seems to spur her on. It's like we go through this process whenever we get some new information - Pani freaks out over something, and everyone else spends like 5 pages trying to reason with her. Just seems like more trouble than it's worth, especially since I don't think anyone really takes her seriously anyways

Also, I know I can't be the only one thinking that fsfan and teaspoon are the same person..?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

While we're on the Team Canton topic, here's a new video interview with Evan and Madison: Chock and Bates talk new partnership - Universal Sports (hope it's not geoblocked!)

Honestly, at this point I hope to see things work out for them somehow or other. I certainly hope Emily finds a great partner, but I'm not feeling the hostility some have towards these two, even as I was initially pretty taken aback. Stuff happens, especially in sport, and both seem more like they're trying to feel their way through a new situation than reveling in the blossoming of their nefarious plans.

And on the V/M front, Scott and Tessa appear in the background of the video throughout, and semi-interrupt the interview at one point, heh. I attempted to discern some sort of potential clue about the new FD from their floor movement, but it's not quite enough to go on.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link Verity!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 07-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
you know what, pani? I do. I think charlie's interpretation of latin will wipe the, uh, ice with scott's. I think charlie a. White is the finest male ice dancer of his generation! In fact, his abilities are rivaled only by those of his partner, the incomparable, igor-bewitching meryl davis. Long may they reign!!!!

(lol hi Verity!!)
Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm starting to think we should just ignore fsfan's posts when they get crazy like this, as arguing never changes her mind
And who changes there minds, when we talk about favorite skaters?
In this case i only read, what Grinenko said - thats all.
Honestly, i agree - there are a lot off dancers, who could be even better, then her. For example all Morozov group working with Broadway dancers. I think this is really cool and cant wait to see, how this will help to Volosozhar-Trankov and I-K. So cant understand, why all guys in Canton wish to work with the same dancer And kudos for Marina - she want to give all the same to her team.

Quote:
Also, I know I can't be the only one thinking that fsfan and teaspoon are the same person..?
[/QUOTE]

No. Teaspoon is a troll, who copy my messages from old treads. Why he (she) need this- dont know. But hope he (she) have funn

Quote:
While we're on the Team Canton topic, here's a new video interview with Evan and Madison: Chock and Bates talk new partnership - Universal Sports (hope it's not geoblocked!)
They both look relaxing and happy. So - good luck to them. But feel sorry for Emily
Old 07-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Hacky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackysack (View Post)
And about Igor bringing in another choreographer to work with Meryl and Charlie first--is it possible that he thought they needed more help with the Latin dance than Tessa and Scott, who had just done quite a good Latin FD, did?
THIS. When I read the article I feared that certain posters may overreact, and that seems to be the case. This was on ice network, a US site. [ETA: Although I realize that included in the top 5 articles on ice network right now are one about Weaver/Poje and one about Michael Brezina so I might lose this argument point, heh.] Even though the article focuses on Meryl and Charlie, it's pretty clear that Grinenko worked with all the teams in Canton. And the paragraph about being asked by Igor, and then later Marina, seems to be told from Grinenko's point of view.

And yes, I think it can be argued that M/C would need more help with a Latin dance than T/S. Remember at Worlds when Scott said their hips were already warmed up for next season?

Last edited by ann29; 07-08-2011 at 07:00 AM
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Ann and Kris! Verity and Anne, well played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pani
They both look relaxing and happy. So - good luck to them. But feel sorry for Emily
Yeah--I wish Evan and Madison the best (even as I still have trouble picturing them skating together), but I hope Emily can find a partner, too. On that note, she posted this tweet yesterday: The partner search is going... I'm taking my time, as this will affect the rest of my career, but am trying to stay optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
And yes, I think it can be argued that M/C would need more help with a Latin dance than T/S. Remember at Worlds when Scott said their hips were already warmed up for next season?
Indeed, haha. That's actually why I was a little surprised to read that Grinenko had worked so much with Tessa and Scott on the hip movements and such, since they just did all that. I guess there's always room for improvement, though. Oh, how many times I've wanted to be a fly on the wall at Arctic Edge. I'd LOVE it if they released an extended video of one of their practice/choreo sessions so we could have a better idea of what it's like. Sort of like that old OT4 video where they're doing the paso doble, but longer.

Last edited by hackysack; 07-08-2011 at 08:36 AM
Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddylyn90210 (View Post)
I'm starting to think we should just ignore fsfan's posts when they get crazy like this, as arguing never changes her mind and actually seems to spur her on. It's like we go through this process whenever we get some new information - Pani freaks out over something, and everyone else spends like 5 pages trying to reason with her. Just seems like more trouble than it's worth, especially since I don't think anyone really takes her seriously anyways
Sometimes arguing is part of the fun.
It's not necessarily about changing someone's mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann29
THIS. When I read the article I feared that certain posters may overreact, and that seems to be the case. This was on ice network, a US site. [ETA: Although I realize that included in the top 5 articles on ice network right now are one about Weaver/Poje and one about Michael Brezina so I might lose this argument point, heh.] Even though the article focuses on Meryl and Charlie, it's pretty clear that Grinenko worked with all the teams in Canton. And the paragraph about being asked by Igor, and then later Marina, seems to be told from Grinenko's point of view.

In the end, no matter what the details are regarding who got first dibs (if anyone did at all) it can only be a good thing for both D/W and V/M to always know what their closest competitors are doing. Even if someone were to argue that this looks like D/W would be getting better at something at the expense of another team (coughpanicough), that "other team" is right there, not to mention that they themselves are always also "getting better."
It's all good. Everyone wins.

I agree with bogtree that it's human nature for there to be some favoritism in these circumstances. Unless someone from this present Canton group someday writes a "Tell All" book, I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure how they handle all the dynamics.
What is apparent is that the skaters themselves seem to be very satisfied with the set-up and the respect they show toward their coaches and their fellow-skaters speaks for itself.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 PM
New Fan

jeremyabbottpcf Jeremy Abbott
@Adaripp Tessa and Scott Who! The goose WHAT?!?! Psh! More like the flying mongoose! World champs '12 yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/kguogjzj Shared by jeremyabbottpcf

Kinda scary!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsocu (View Post)
jeremyabbottpcf Jeremy Abbott
@Adaripp Tessa and Scott Who! The goose WHAT?!?! Psh! More like the flying mongoose! World champs '12 yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/kguogjzj Shared by jeremyabbottpcf
Hahaha. Fantastic.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread