Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

^thanks!
i wonder what kind of costume tessa is going to wear for the sd i kinda wish she would wear an edwardian style or 1920's style gown because she looks so fantastic in 1920s style costumes

there is no doubt about it that tessa is a HUGE downton abbey fan the show compliments her style and prolly influences it as well. (i honestly wonder who her favorite character is im going to bet its lady mary because both of them have impeccable style)
but idk if she will she has already worn a 1920s style dress for a sd maybe shes going to wear something completely different i.e. something she has never worn before

i still love it tho when she wears 1920s styled dresses
Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

The first lift is just unbelievably stunning -- she just reminds me of a ship's maiden. I can't even imagine what the entrance and exit must entail, but...good heavens.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Has PJ's video interview been posted?
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir at the High Performance Camp - YouTube
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
Check out the awesome pictures with this article -- showing off some of those new elements. I think I'm going to start associating Jennifer Swan with amazing new lifts! But I had to smile at the picture of them both in arabesque position, but looking at each other.
Mississauga Article: World class skaters go to Hershey camp
PF = Kick ass lifts. PF = Jennifer Swan. Jennifer Swan = maker of kick ass lifts. Not to mention she's Tessa's first ballet teacher and probably responsible for Tessa's solid dance technique and fundamentals. For that alone I'm thankful.

Love that pic of them too in the arabesque position, (in case you hadn't notice the avatar). Reminds me of the temptation lift entry. Another pic reminds me of the PF curve lift entry. I wonder if they're working on a modified version of these lifts to get them to level 4.

Valse Triste GIF set

Looking back at our survivor game, I love Valse Triste but I voted early for it because I prefer the maturity and better execution of their later programs, so I am really excited for their SD this season because we get to have a mature Tessa and Scott dance waltz (I will just close my eyes for a moment during the polka).

Quote:
Originally Posted by binker (View Post)
^thanks!
i wonder what kind of costume tessa is going to wear for the sd i kinda wish she would wear an edwardian style or 1920's style gown because she looks so fantastic in 1920s style costumes
Yep. Music selection is now official. Onwards to costume speculation. I'm sure she will wear something very elegant in the SD, but what about the FD? Will she wear red again?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaRain (View Post)
Yep. Music selection is now official. Onwards to costume speculation. I'm sure she will wear something very elegant in the SD, but what about the FD? Will she wear red again?
I am so excited about the programs for this season. And I myself can't believe how excited I am to see Tessa and Scott skate to Carmen. A couple years ago I would have sworn I hated such an idea.

For costumes, I have a wish list:

No hairstyle in a bun for the FD. I think something like the Worlds '11 SD bun would be lovely for the SD this season, but I hated the FF bun all of last season and I so much don't want to see it come back in this new season, especially for the FD.

No OTT gypsy look. Really had no love for the Dark Eyes costumes/hair/makeup/giant hoop earrings and etc. etc. Just - no.

No red sash or scarf/tie on Scott.

No more short short haircut for Scott (really hate).

Please, something simple and elegant.

I'm sure they're just dying for my opinions.

ETA:
Oh, and please please no Matador costume/look on Scott. I hate hate hate with a passion.
Did I sufficiently express my dislike of the Matador costumes on the guys?
I hate the Matador costumes! Scott, please don't go there.

Last edited by truly; 09-08-2012 at 02:36 PM
Old 09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaRain (View Post)
PF = Kick ass lifts. PF = Jennifer Swan. Jennifer Swan = maker of kick ass lifts. Not to mention she's Tessa's first ballet teacher and probably responsible for Tessa's solid dance technique and fundamentals. For that alone I'm thankful.

Love that pic of them too in the arabesque position, (in case you hadn't notice the avatar). Reminds me of the temptation lift entry. Another pic reminds me of the PF curve lift entry. I wonder if they're working on a modified version of these lifts to get them to level 4.

Valse Triste GIF set

Looking back at our survivor game, I love Valse Triste but I voted early for it because I prefer the maturity and better execution of their later programs, so I am really excited for their SD this season because we get to have a mature Tessa and Scott dance waltz (I will just close my eyes for a moment during the polka).

she will probably wear red but idk if the costumes are going to be traditional carmen costumes
im still sticking to the idea that its going to be a modern carmen since they are working with jennifer swan.
for sure tho there will be lace and ruffles
and tessa will probably wear a full skirt for the sd
Old 09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)
Oh, and please please no Matador costume/look on Scott. I hate hate hate with a passion.
Did I sufficiently express my dislike of the Matador costumes on the guys?
I hate the Matador costumes! Scott, please don't go there.
If they're portraying Carmen and Don Jose, then there shouldn't be any matador costume. I really hope they're going to avoid the Don Jose/Escamillo hybrid which, as someone else also mentioned on FSU, makes absolutely no sense. They might be tempted to use the famous "Toreador Song", but the dance could be choreographed so that the male character doesn't suffer from multiple personality disorder, switching from Don Jose to Escamillo and back to Don Jose in the space of 4 minutes. It's ridiculous.
As Don Jose, Scott could very well wear his beloved shirt-pants combination. It's what the singers usually use in the opera productions as well.

I don't think Tessa will go for a bun. Wearing her hair down, on her shoulders, would be perfect, but it might get in the way of the difficult lifts and moves.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocagirl (View Post)
As Don Jose, Scott could very well wear his beloved shirt-pants combination. It's what the singers usually use in the opera productions as well.
Isn't it funny? This is one time when that is exactly what I want to see. And nothing more.

Quote:
I don't think Tessa will go for a bun. Wearing her hair down, on her shoulders, would be perfect, but it might get in the way of the difficult lifts and moves.
She didn't seem to have any problems when she wore it down, for example, for Worlds '08 (UofC), or the IWHYH exhibitions.

I also like her ponytails. (Just not that high, FF bun. Looks like a tower on top of her head.)

Last edited by truly; 09-08-2012 at 07:38 PM
Old 09-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

has anyone read this yet?

Q&A: Canadians Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, world ice dancing champions - thestar.com
Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the links everyone!

I love how they're challenging themselves again this year with their programs. Not that I expected anything less.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Loyal Fan

What about simething like this dress for Tessa in Carmen?
Usova/Zhulin 1993 Worlds Gala 2nd encore - YouTube
Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocagirl (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)
She didn't seem to have any problems when she wore it down, for example, for Worlds '08 (UofC), or the IWHYH exhibitions.

I also like her ponytails. (Just not that high, FF bun. Looks like a tower on top of her head.)
Voting for hair down in the FD as well and voting against the Dark Eyes ensemble too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
What about simething like this dress for Tessa in Carmen?
Usova/Zhulin 1993 Worlds Gala 2nd encore - YouTube
One of my favorite red dress worn by Tessa is from the tango CD in 2008. Im not sure if something of that style would be appropriate for Carmen though.

ETA: Collected some pics, with a little strolling down memory lane.

VM waltz costume photo collection

Tessa in red costume photo set

Last edited by SaharaRain; 09-09-2012 at 01:55 PM
Old 09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly hope in the future that t/s will dance (even if its for an ex) to scala and the kolacny brothers their covers are fantastic!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Interview with PJ explaining their contemporary take on Carmen:

Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I try to tell myself that I'd better be cautiously optimistic, since we haven't seen anything yet, but my excitement keeps building up with every interview. By the time Finlandia rolls around, I'll probably burst with enthusiasm!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread