Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2017, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yup, if Daryl or anyone really had their brain when they went into grady.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey all, I was a big Daryl/Beth fan. I still am even though she died on the show. She lives on in fanfiction for me.

Honestly, Beth's death was terrible because it was so pointless. She died for nothing, just for shock value. I still think it's a terrible wrong to this day, and the Beth/Daryl scenes were my favorite scenes from the show. I think they showed both of them in a new light and they really complimented each other.

{Kate}
Old 08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

crazylittlecandygirl - Hi. I'm Heather. And yeah I love reading DB (and other Beth) fics.

That is exactly how I feel about her death too. The DB scenes are amazing. I so agree.

Kay - Yeah they clearly did not. So much of it what went down there was mind boggling.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome crazylittlecandygirl. Happy to have you here. And trust me you are not the only one who thinks that. Far from it.

It was bat****.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YES! That goes so well with Daryl and his feelings. And really does seem like his thought process while in the coffin.

Love that gifset.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey Heather, thank-you for the welcome. I'm Kate

Yeah I honestly have never shipped a couple so hard that didn't actually happen on the show as I do with Bethyl. I just think that they were awesome together, and that the writers really made a huge boo boo by killing off Beth. Not because she was a great character, which she was. Her character development while she was on the run with Daryl was brilliant, but because without her I feel that Daryl is destined to be alone forever. I know the writers occasionally throw a Daryl/Carol hint in but I honestly don't see that ever happening and since Beth has been gone Daryl hasn't had a bit of happiness whatsoever.

So yeah, I currently live in Bethyl fanfic world where Beth didn't die and everything is hunky dory (as hunky dory as you can get during the apocalypse I guess)

I love those gifs.

{Kate}
Old 08-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice to meet you Kate.

I have a few ships that didn't happen that I shipped hardcore so I can't claim that. But DB are one of my top ships ever right now. And I so agree. Beth is such an amazing character and they were amazing together. And it does come off as they want Daryl alone for the manpain. Can't let him be too happy.

I also don't see DC ever happening either.

Fic really is the way to go. Even if things were good I would still read it (I love fic ) but since they aren't I am definitely even more thankful for fic.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thankfully there are so many good DB AU fics!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Kate, I'm Kay.

Now that you mention I don't think I've ever shipped anything this hard where they didn't physically happen either. I certainly never, ever shipped anything on the walking dead before these two. Maybe I should have known better.

Yes! Thank goodness for fic!
Old 08-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ashley - I am so happy about that.

Kay - I really wish I hadn't got so invested in DB and Beth.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Heather, I've got some major mixed feelings about it too.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm sure we all would've lost it if it weren't for fanfiction.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-28-2017, 03:30 AM
Passionate Fan

It it weren't for fanfiction, I don't think I would be so sad with the direction the show has taken. But I'm so grateful for fanfiction, for letting Beth live and exploring her relationship with Daryl in the way the show should have done before they were brutally cut off from each other.

I dont know if you guys have read this, but I binge read this fanfic yesterday and I recommend reading it. Lots of angst but lots of happy feels too. In this story Beth survives the gunshot wound to her head, the gang think that she's dead and so they bury her and move on....

In The Blink Of An Eye (Hear The Beat Of My Heart by SpicyPepper-SweetSugar

{Kate}
Old 08-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have to admit even with fanfic I will remain pissed off, annoyed, and frustrated with what the show did. I stopped watching it though after Coda. Once Beth was gone that was it for me. And apparently not missing much as more and more people keep complaining about the show being awful.

Oh I don't think I've read that. Thanks for the rec and I'll bookmark it.

Have you read Still Breathing and She's Breathing. They are also about her surviving.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I think that if it weren't for Daryl, I would probably stop watching the show. It's very hard to watch and has become even harder with the brutal death of Glenn and the constant suffering of Daryl. I love Daryl though and the Reedus so keep watching for him.

I (unfortunately) don't believe that Daryl will find happiness though. I think they missed the opportunity with Beth. Honestly, it makes me so mad because the Daryl/Beth scenes from season 4 were probably the best on the show. Norman and Emily had some great chemistry and I don't think Daryl will feel that way about anybody again.

I think Daryl will either go out in a blaze of glory or it will be like Norman Reedus envisions it...
Quote:
"If that were to happen, I'd like him to just walk away and just walk away into the woods, and people go, 'Where the heck is that guy?'" Reedus said. "You know what I mean? It's like, 'Oh, he gets shot.' 'Oh, he turns into a zombie.' 'They put him down.' We've seen all of that happen so many times. I think with Darryl, because he came in that way, I think he should go out that way. He should just walk away, and people are like, 'What ever happened to him?' Nobody knows. He's like the Outlaw Josey Wales or some s---."
Yeah, I've read both Still Breathing and She's Breathing. They are both brilliant fics. I must say I was quite skeptical about reading fics where Beth survives a bullet to the head, both because of it's unlikeliness and because Beth getting shot in head was so upsetting anyway and I would rather read fics where it didn't happen. However, there are some absolutely brilliant stories about her surviving it like Still Breathing and She's Breathing so I'm really glad I gave it a chance and read them.

{Kate}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread