Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
your welcome

It is very, very sad and it's almost been 2 months already since this mess happened and it's still hard to grasp. This whole is a mess it's like everyday I think it can't get any worse and it does with all these articles and new information coming out about what happened in that bathroom.
I know how you feel. I was out walking on a nature trail yesterday with my sister and Whitney"Saving all my love for you" song came on the radio. We both started crying. It's just so hard to grasp and so unbelievable. .... I can only begin to imagine how Kevin is coping.

My sister feel the same way about the media. She feel that every time she look around there is something negative been written or said on TV about Whitney and this compound what she as an administrator at the University where she is employed is trying to get accomplished - She and other staff members and students feel that because Whitney had such an awesome stage presence, a unique musical voice and was a craftsman at her skill and delivered her craft with such artistry that its warrants studying at the College/University School of Music, Art/Sciences. They will be meeting with the Dean next month to discuss the issue of bringing Whitney talent into the classroom "The Woman and her Talent" at the introductory level/Elective.

Last edited by CarolynPattie; 04-10-2012 at 11:20 AM
Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket (View Post)
I don't think very much about how Whitney died. I think about her strong knowledge of the craft, and I listen to hear new meaning in her music. She loved music, and it truly was her passion. The brillance of Whitney Houston will not be overshawdowed by the moment it took her to transition from this plane. She will live on just as others have such as Michael Jackson, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday and Jimi Hendrix.

In 1989, I think BB had the best selling album of the year. I don't think he made an album during his marriage. I don't recall hearing that he managed Whitney or had some other job with her company. For better or worst, he needed to continue with his career. I think that time away touring and making music would have been beneficial to whether the relationship continued or ended. He was too idle.

As I have said in previous post, Costner's actions have said it best about his feelings for Whitney. I hope that God grants his wish of living long enough to raise his children. He's not perfect, and I'm sure he has some regrets.
I totally agree with you. We pray that God allows Kevin, and all of us, to not be sad about Whitney and to just remember the good things (as that is the best way to cope with such a great loss); to not have many regrets (we can only do the best we can with the cards we are dealt); to be able to see all his children grow. He is a good person (he single-handedly shone/shined a positive light on Whitney at a most critical moment) and deserves to be happy and in good health and have good things come his way.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket (View Post)
I don't think very much about how Whitney died. I think about her strong knowledge of the craft, and I listen to hear new meaning in her music. She loved music, and it truly was her passion. The brillance of Whitney Houston will not be overshawdowed by the moment it took her to transition from this plane. She will live on just as others have such as Michael Jackson, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday and Jimi Hendrix.

In 1989, I think BB had the best selling album of the year. I don't think he made an album during his marriage. I don't recall hearing that he managed Whitney or had some other job with her company. For better or worst, he needed to continue with his career. I think that time away touring and making music would have been beneficial to whether the relationship continued or ended. He was too idle.

As I have said in previous post, Costner's actions have said it best about his feelings for Whitney. I hope that God grants his wish of living long enough to raise his children. He's not perfect, and I'm sure he has some regrets.
Actually, Philo, Boooby released an album during their marriage, and a single from it did well, hitting #1 on tje R&B charts. He also made a movie with Martin Lawrence, which was forgettable compared with the Bodyguard. He was completely eclipsed by his sing yj larly amazing wife inall areas. His ralents were better than some, but he was nowhere nearly as gifted as her. That marriage was an insfrument of ghe Father of Lies to take her down. I only take comfirt in waht TD Jakes said at her homegoing service. Death has not won.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Another Convo, Please, about the 2003 USATODAY quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Actually, Philo, Boooby released an album during their marriage, and a single from it did well, hitting #1 on tje R&B charts. He also made a movie with Martin Lawrence, which was forgettable compared with the Bodyguard. He was completely eclipsed by his sing yj larly amazing wife inall areas. His ralents were better than some, but he was nowhere nearly as gifted as her. That marriage was an insfrument of ghe Father of Lies to take her down. I only take comfirt in waht TD Jakes said at her homegoing service. Death has not won.
Well said! And Thank you so much again GobSmacked82 for these gems of convos. I am reposting my Top 3.

Gobsmacked82, could you please write another convo about when Whitney saw that quote of Kevin in the 2003 USATODAY interview we mentioned in the previous pages: where when asked about Whitney as one of his leading ladies, Kevin replies “I love her. I’ll always love her” (Now we also know why IWALY is Kevin’s favorite song because that’s what he is thinking every time Whitney comes to mind”. Thanks in advance and take your time. No pressure. (laughs)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranking #1: Well, there is so much talk lately about KC's appearance at the Ali dinner, that I thought I'd have some quick fun with it. Enjoy.

WH: (Dials phone. Listens to the ring) Pick up, pick up, pick up.
KC: Whit!!
WH: Good morning, Kevin. I'm glad I got you this time.
KC: What's new my dear?
WH: You know what's new. This package came in the mail, a gorgeous red dress and shoes. I think I can guess where they came from, although the card was not signed.
KC: Yeah! Do you like the dress?
WH: Well, it's a great dress. I have no problems wearing red. The neckline is a little daring...
KC: Nonsense! What are you talking about? You could pull anything off. You're going to look amazing, standing up there with Ali, making your remarks. And then the after party ...
WH: Just try to settle down and not be obvious. Last time we ran into each other someone, who shall remain nameless ...
KC: Oh, come on!
WH: Someone got all touchy feely in front of the cameras. So I had to drop a drug in the photographer's drink and delete all the pictures from his memory card.
KC: It was a peck on the cheek between old friends.
WH: Ya planted one on me! In the middle of an after party! Thank God the Pitts were cranking out ... what, kid #5, #6? I lose track. Well, thank God they were at the same party and everybody hounded them and ignored us. And Demi and Ashton. Oooh, thank the Lord for cougars and baby mamas. Age can be a good cover when you want to get away with something.
KC: Get away with what?!
WH: You know what! And I have a half a mind to wear a different dress in Scottsdale. To teach you a lesson.
KC: Oh for goodness sake, Whit. Take a compliment. Take a present. Just wear the dress, and I swear I'll be on my best behavior. People will think I'm your uncle, I'll be so well behaved. Promise.

April 6, 2008
WH: Hello?
KC: Whit! You picked up the phone. Alright; OK. I admit I made a tiny scene. But honestly I think you care too much about what people think.
WH: Kevin, I really don't believe you sometimes. I TOLD you to be cool. Stepping over three waiters and two tables to get to me was not cool. We'll be all over the gossip shows in a minute. And those shyitt blogs too!!
KC: Oh Lord. Here we go. Can't you just accept that you looked a-maazing? And that's saying something, because Halle Berry was there and she didn't outshine you. Come on!
WH: What about the arm around the waist, Kev? People were looking.
KC: They're jealous! How many women your age look like they're still 20? And any guy with a man's brain wishes he were me with his arm around you.
WH: I do not look like I'm still 20, and you know it.
KC: OK, 25. I'm not letting you off the hook. You can't deny a man the pleasure of serenading the prettiest lady in the room. In the red dress that he bought her! Yeah! That's what movies and songs are all about, Whit.
WH: Listen to me, Kevin. People. Are going. To talk.
KC: They. Are haters. Forget them.
WH: You're so hard-headed! Do i have to whup your @ss? You better watch it. You're messing with a heavy weight from Newark.
KC: I'm from Compton! Bring it on.
WH: Oh Lord. I don't know why I keep giving you chances.
KC: Real love never dies, Whit. Even if you do put me in the friend box.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ranking#2: Two Kisses

WH: (Picks up phone) Hello?
KC: Hey Whit. Did you see Good Morning America?
WH: I sure did. And I'm glad that you called so we could talk about it.
KC: Alright!
WH: What do you mean 'alright!' Stop the fist pump and listen to what I have to tell you. For once.
KC: Oh, here we go again. What did I do this time?
WH: Well Kevin. The thing is, your interview is already up on YouTube. Some of these bloggers move too fast for me! Anyway, People can see you giggle, light up, play with your ear, shimmie your shoulders, and all. And did you have to say "Man, that girl. she just has it?!"
KC: But you DO have it! You're never going to lose it. And when you're in Heaven—a long time from now, hopefully—you'll be the most beautiful angel there. You'll start a brawl in Heaven over who gets to sit next to you, I just know it.
WH: Oh, God. What am I going to do with you?

KC: Don't say 'do' and 'I' in the same sentence to me, Whit. That's usually when Christine starts spying on me.
WH: She knows that we talk?
KC: Yeah, she can tell. That's why we didn't really have much contact after the Ali dinner. It was 'Celebrity Fight Night' for real after those pictures came out.
WH: Whaaat? She got a good left hook, right? That's why we got to be cool. Let me ask you about the part where you said ... lemme replay it. "I kissed her once for everybody in America, and I kissed her once for myself." WTF, Kevin? You weren't supposed to TELL THE WORLD about that.
KC: It was totally necessary, for production purposes.
WH: Ugh, please. But I did my part. I lied to that British reporter when he asked me if you were a good kisser. For B---y's sake. I flipped it around to be about B---y. And because Cindy looks like she could scrap.
KC: Whitney you worry too much.
WH: I'm talking to Oprah soon! You know Oprah. If she smells smoke, she'll search out the fire.
KC: Whitney, settle down. Everybody is going to love it. Isn't it the most romantic thing anyone ever said? Admit it.
WH: Yeah ...
KC: And you know me. If you give me a camera, I'm gonna talk about Whitney. Them's the rules and 18 years won't change it. Anyway, let Oprah search. She's a smart girl. She probably already knows how I feel. In fact, the only person on this planet who doesn't know how I feel, and who SHOULD ACCEPT how I feel, is you. I bet Cissy knows. She's not stupid. She's certainly not the Queen of Denial, like her daughter.
WH: Hey, yo, this is not about me. You need to keep cool and not bring my name into scandal with a married man. If you keep talking like that, I will have to lay you out!
KC: Whitney, anytime you want to lay me out, just call.
WH: CLICK

Ranking #3: OK ladies. Here is how I think Whitney might have "responded" to KC's interview with People magazine in May 1993 about The Bodyguard.

KC: Hey Whit. Just calling to see if you got the basket for Baby Krissy. There's a Mother's Day gift in it for you, too. Call me.
WH: Yes, Kevin. I got the basket. The mailman delivered it. Along with the latest People magazine. I read what you told the reporter. I read it "all afternoon."
KC: Oh ****. But you know, Whitney, I-I-I don't think you should get all worked up when you've just had a baby. New mothers need -
WH: Don't you try to tell me what new mothers need. I need you to have some self-control and be quiet.
KC: Be quiet about what?
WH: You told People magazine that we did a steamy love scene all afternoon. Do you know what 'we did it' means? It means to bump & grind, to tap that and if we lived in England, it would mean to sh-g. Come on, Kevin. You know what that means.
KC: Not really, I only said we did it from a production standpoint. The reporter took the whole thing out of context. You know People magazine is nothing but a gossip rag.
WH: Kiss my ass, "production standpoint." and the thing is, you had to go and grin about it. It says right here: a satisfied smile. Ugh! Kevin, you nnaasty! This is straight outta high school. You might as well be the quarter back telling everybody you did it with the homecoming queen on prom night. And if they are nothing but a gossip rag, why are you talking to them?
KC: I think I read somewhere that dressing people down stops the breast milk.
WH: You did not read that anywhere!
KC: Whitney, calm down. Your baby needs a serene Mommy.
WH: What my baby needs is for Mr. Kevin to stop bragging that he "did it" with her mother all afternoon. And you know why I'm mad? You did this before with the Leeza Gibbons interview. There you were, running your mouth about how it was all real and passionate. You should have gotten that out of your system.
KC: It needs to be real and passionate. Otherwise it's not believable and the movie tickets won't sell.
WH: I can sell movie tickets. And I don't need people to picture me buck nekked, thrashing around all afternoon to sell tickets.
KC: I know you can sell tickets. You're a lady, you're a sister and guys love you. We pulled those scenes b/c Rachel Marron is not a floozie, who would jump on every man she met, and it just didn't come across right for her to get crazy all night with Frank Farmer on the first date.
WH: (silent)
KC: Besides; I'm not the only one who talked to the press about the sex factor.
WH: Excuse me, what?!! I never said nothing to No-body! You don't know what you're talking about.
KC: I recall an interview that ran in the January issue of Ebony magazine. Someone called her leading man a hunk four times in two paragraphs and threw in a little "sexy" to boot. So if you do the math, four hunks multiplied by one sexy equals four sexy hunks. Therefore, someone should have a little more compassion for her co-star.
WH: That's some bull----!
KC: Look, I said I wouldn't let you fail and you're the hottest woman on screen right now. I knew you could pull this off. Every guy in America wishes he were Frank Farmer right now, because Frank fell in love with a lady, not a ho', I promise you that.
WH: Mm-hmm. You would say anything to get out of trouble. I bet you have a lot of practice. I bet Cindy has to kick your butt very two weeks just to keep you in check. She's a saint.
KC: Pretty much
WH: OK you don't have to go to the doghouse. This time. But I still sent back the bracelet.
KC: What! That was a Mother's day gift.
WH: The basket I'll keep, for the baby. But you have no business sending jewelry to a married woman who ain't even thinking about you.
KC: *sighs* OK Whitney you win. But before I go, congratulations on The baby. She's a beauty and I can tell the two of you are going to be as close as a mother and daughter can be.
WH: Thank you Kevin. That's sweet.
KC: She's a lucky baby. She has a gifted, smart, hard-working, world-class beautiful superstar for a mom who is brimming over with love for her. Really, Whitney, I'm excited for you both.
WH: Dammit Kevin, that's beautiful. Maybe it's the h-hormones, but I think I'm g-gonna cryyy!!!
KC: No don't do that! Everything is so lovely. You have your movie, your album, your mom. But then again, a lot of women go through this with the firstborn. And you're dealing with a lot right now.
WH: You forgot Bobbeeee! (sobs hard)
KC: Yeah, him too.
WH: Did Cindy go through this? Cindy too? (sniffs)
KC: Maybe.
WH: I met her. She's cool. You don't deserve h-huurrr, running your mouth everywhere you go-ohhh!!
KC: You're probably right. OK, Whit, I've kept you on the phone long enough. I'll let your family take you back. But let's talk again. And soon.
WH: OK. (composing herself) OK. But the (hiccup) next time you sit down with a (hiccup) reporter about me, you better not (hiccup) get fresh. Or else Imma feed you a knuckle sandwich. Find you and kick ya ass.
KC: I wouldn't trade a Whitney @SS whippin' for the world.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer (View Post)
That was me who brought up the Knicks game pics--he looked alot more animated when talking to Eva Longoria than when he was with his wife especially when she (the second wife) was talking to him (actually looked more like lecturing him or giving him some kind of 'marching orders' ) and he was staring straight ahead at the cheerleaders (ha ha--he's still a man in that regard). And then the photo op kiss done strictly for the cameras that backfired because it showed exactly the opposite of what she was trying to portray (I am sure that staged kiss was her idea--maybe that's what she was ordering him to do in the shot where she's lecturing him and he's looking away). It was those pics along with the wedding photo and a number of other photos that caused me to realize something was very, very wrong with this picture--especially since he is an actor--you'd think he'd be able to at least 'act' happy.

I soooo agree with your point that people cannot see the forest for the trees when they are the ones involved in a situation--whereas outsiders who are more objective and who have less of an emotional stake in something can easily see when something's amiss.

I think that is quite profound and well-said. ITA.

Agree completely. During the Knicks game, I think he was even less interested in those cheerleaders. He looked very introspective and like he was grieving. Not sure why ecactly he was more cheered by Eva Longoria that his wife, but they only know.

Amen to that--I hope he has a long life ahead of him and a happier future.

One more thing--my suggestion for a new thread title--not necessarily the very next one, but one to consider in the future: "He Gets So Emotional....Every Time He Thinks of Her" or simply "He Gets So Emotional...."
Great ones. How about also, "Where will his broken heart go?"
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Only a few more posts and we'll be moving onto thread #7. So please start thinking about titles...they are located in the OP thread.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi guys, I found something interesting:

Kevin Costner at Whitney's Funeral on ET & The Insider - YouTube

Apparently it's not just us who found his speech touching...
Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know this thread is all about Whitney and Kevin, but Whitney and Denzel also made a terrific couple onscreen. They are VERY cute in this behind-the-scenes clip. Were it not for Kevin and Whitney being so physically affectionate on the set of The Bodyguard, I'd say Denzel had some real competition. Here is the clip.

The Preacher's Wife - behind the scenes of the movie - YouTube

And I wonder what Kevin might have made of all this. Hmmmm.

WH: (Picks up phone) Helloooo. Talk to me. I saw your number.
KC: You dragged out that 'helllooo.' Someone's in a good mood.
WH: The movie is out. I'm really excited. It's shot on location in Newark and Paterson. Some of my old stomping grounds. You should take the kids to see it.
KC: Yeah maybe. So, umm. You and Denzel got along well.
WH: We did! He's a perfect gentleman. We all had fun cutting up—
KC: Yeah and I saw him 'helping' you across the ice rink and the snow banks, too. Is that your new friend?
WH: Yes, he is, Mr. Costner. You have a problem with it?
KC: I just don't see why he needed to have his hands all over you like that. He's supposedly an angel. Maybe he should try acting like one. And this supposed to be a family holiday movie. Kids are watching.
WH: (Muffled sounds. The phone drops. She picks it up again) Boooby! Are you trying to fake Kevin's voice? Again? You need to stop tripping every time I get a casting call trying to spy on me.
KC: It's Kevin, Whit. Not that other one.
WH: You must be out your d*mn mind! It's not enough that every time an old magazine picture runs of me and you, the movie commercials play, the mailman drops the letters, the waiter tells me about the menu that Boooby has to cop an attitude. Not you, too!
KC: I'm not copping an attitude. I just don't see why his hands were all on your waist the ENTIRE movie. And what kind of an angel takes a preacher's wife to a night club. A fake one. Did he slip you a tequila?
WH: His hands were not all on my waist the entire nothing. Are you insane? Anyway, don't you have a supermodel live in girlfriend or something? Why you sweatin' me?! Stop trippin.
KC: I'm not trippin' at all.
WH: Well good.
KC: Fine.
WH: CLICK
KML...I love this...keep em coming!!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
Now that you say it, it really does sound like a great thread title. As for the title for the next thread, whatever is decided, I will go with it.

Isn't it amazing how Whitney is the only person on earth who gets the LOVE from Kevin, not just ONCE, but TWICE, and THRICE, and ...in his interviews. He really wants us to know he loves her, for real, no joke, no kidding.

Even in death, Kevin made sure that his relationship with Whitney and the special love he shares with her will live on with his eulogy
I keep thinking about the missed opportunity to be together for these two sweet souls as it is clear that Kevin obviously Kevin had very strong feelings for Whitney. If he did not love her deeply, he would not have made that eulogy. If he did not want the world to talk about it for the next decades he would not have said what he said in the eulogy. Whitney was loved by many but Kevin wanted to make sure that everyone knows how much more he loves her. He “was staking a claim” on her, so to speak. He probably was thinking: “OK, my Whitney is gone, and there is no remote chance for us possibly getting together like I used to dream about, but I am going to tell her and everyone how I feel about her and even though many have tried to tarnish her image, I am going to be her Knight in shining armor one last time and give her a send-off that she, my queen, deserves and I don’t care what anyone thinks about it.”

A poster brought up the fact Whitney thought she would face a backlash for marrying a white guy and I think she actually believed and thus made decisions that did not suit her just to avoid that fear. She cared too much what others say about her instead of just living her life and letting those sho cherished her do so. Kevin is one person who would have given her the moon, he worships the ground she walked on: how often does that happen to someone to be loved so unconditionally by a spouse?

Another poster brought up how Kevin was kissing his wife with his eyes open trying really hard to watch the Knicks' game after the funeral and looked to have more chemistry with Eva Longoria sitting on his left than with his wife who was sitting at his right: I don't know what went into his decision making process about marrying her, only he knows. But the way he looks so unexcited in pictures with, her even at their wedding, is kind of telling. We know how to rationalize many "unpleasant" things in our lives that we wished we had done differently and only those looking from outside can tell us that we are not very excited about what should be exciting us. And it could be why we can tell he does not look too happy.

Kevin loves music and is pretty good singer but he thought he did not deserve to do a duet with Whitney because he believes she is in a class by herself "the greatest singer in the world" and that he did not deserve to sing with her. A little bit like when people in the Bible would just want to touch Jesus's robe to be healed and forgiven, expressing no need to do more than that because that is how much power they thought he had.

Kevin loves Whitney Houston so much that with his eulogy he made sure their names are going to be linked forever. When you google “Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston” you have pages and pages of web links talking about his loving, touching eulogy for his Whitney. However, in case Kevin did not purposefully intend his eulogy to come across the way it did, that can be explained by this: Many times our subconscious mind will reveal itself; things we don’t want others to know we have been thinking about come to light without us wanting to, because we feel so strongly about them that we cannot hide them anymore. Kevin subconsciously wants to be linked to Whitney so badly (because he loves her so much) that not only he handpicked her for The Bodyguard but also continued for years to declare his love for her. With her untimely passing (which must have really shaken him because we all want to grow old having the people we greatly love also be alive and have the opportunity to reminisce with them) he just could not take it anymore and just had to let the whole world know his feelings for her and also by doing so made sure his name and hers will always be linked. He could not get her as a life partner but despite that missed aspect of their earthly fate he made sure with his eulogy (which will be talked about for a long long time) that anytime Whitney Houston is remembered it will be a lot in part because of The Bodyguard, IWALY, and Kevin Costner (not Booby, or Jermaine, or Ray J. or any other losers who exploited her gentle soul).

What do you guys think??
EXACTLY that is AMAZING!!! He definitely just wants to shout it out loud and tell any and everyone J!!! That just kills me constantly the missed opportunity and the fact that these two soul mates were/are meant to be. AMAN he was making it clear she was HIS Whitney. I agree I think that played a big role in her ill-suited decisions trying to be pleasing to everyone else instead of doing things that made her happy. HE would have given her EVERYTHING no matter what it was, and that kind of unconditional love doesn’t happen often its so mind blowingly rare. Poor Kevin he just wasn’t happy with out his WHITNEY nothing could bring him the joy like she could/did (exceptions: kids and music which also brought him joy) I know he must be suffering some serious pain now. He definitely doesn’t look all that excited in photos with CB seems he isn’t all that into it and not really all that excited once again bringing up the fact her called her a good partner which to me says it all. It woulda been something if he and Whitney had done a duet but he didn’t feel like he could do that because he thought she was in a class of her own “Greatest singer in the World”. Their names will definitely be LINKED FOREVER his eulogy was REAL and FROM THE HEART. Agreed 100% Loved this post!!!!

Quote:
Hello ladies,
So I mentioned an interview that Whitney Houston and Boooby gave to Sister 2 Sister magazine in July 2004. They reprinted it in April in a memorial to Whitney. A few passages made me frown and ultimately cry because they revealed how insecure this woman was, and how those insecurities helped pin her down in a horrific marriage.

And this passage upset me, where she was talking about her first impression of Boooby after meeting him at the Soul Train Awards the one where she got booed: (that's not lost on me)
Whitney: He and I clicked and and you know what I said to myself? I bet he's a good friend. (Huh?!?!) I wanted to be his friend because I hadn't—
Jamie: You hadn't had one?
Whitney: Yeah. Even Eddie—
Jamie: I didn't think that you liked Eddie. I thought that was just something they were trying to put together.
Whitney: Eddie and I dated for about two years.
Boooby: That's enough about Eddie.

Later in the interview,
Jamie: Boooby, they said you got jealous because she was kissing Kevin Costner.
Boooby: Oh, I get jealous when she's kissing my son. (laughs) You know I beat up Mickey Mouse at Disney world?
Whitney: He did. Mickey hugged me and he got mad.

Where shall I begin? The circumstances of her meeting Boooby have been picked over my many industry observers. I mean she gets booed by her own people right before they celebrate Sir Humpsalot, right as she's coming off of a two-year relationship where the guy, Eddie Murphy, couldn't even bother to be her friend? I know that's her version of things, but it strikes me as really significant that she met Boooby at a critical point. When she felt friendless in a romance, and possibly rejected by her own kind. I'm guessing that it was a particularly emotional and lonely evening for her, and she latched on to someone, anyone, who she thought would give her the acceptance she craved. Such a pity for someone who could obviously have chosen much better than she did!!!

And of all the onscreen love interests that Whitney had been paired with by 2004, including Courtney Vance and Denzel Washington, why were they still harping on Kevin Costner, from 1992? I mean, Whitney had MUCH more extensive love scenes in 'Exhale,' but they're threatened by relatively physically chaste (though exceedingly erotic) scenes with a white guy from 12 years before? Maybe they were referring to Kevin's People magazine interview, where he said he and Whitney did steamy scenes all afternoon. But whatever; those never saw the light of day.
YES that is very significant she was highly vulnerable when she met BB, I cant imagine the loneliness and rejection she felt not to mention the future loneliness she would feel even while married to BB SMDH!!!!!! I agree she coulda chosen WAY better so much better she DESERVED better. And BB he is such a A-hole I mean JEALOUS and POSSESSIVE bad combination I have to wonder if she felt like she was in jail and trapped??? He brought her down so much I mean it’s a wonder she was allowed to even go anywhere and just stand next to another man. And don’t even get me started on how he sounds so proud he beat up Mickey Mouse I mean come on!! Whitney and Denzel did look good on screen!!! But that LOVE and CHEMISTRY between her and Kevin EXPLOSIVE!!! (knew BB was jealous of that cuz he knew Kevin was a threat)

Quote:
So I just found an interview where Eddie Murphy denies that he and Whitney dated back in the 80s. I never really respected Eddie Murphy and I sure won't start after he dissed our dear Whitney like this. (So the diamond ring was, what, a Cracker Jack prize? Whatever.)

But he said one thing that was interesting. He said he never witnessed any bratty diva-like behavior in her. He also said she didn't do drugs around him, because she knew he didn't like it. Here are his quotes, and the story link: Were Eddie Murphy & Whitney Houston An Item? | RumorFix

“She was a beautiful person. I hear a lot of people talking about her sense of humor, and she really did have a great sense of humor, she was a funny girl.”

He added, “I know when I was around Whitney, I never saw any diva-ness; I never saw her do any drugs. I saw her smoke a cigarette before, but that was about it. She knows I did not like that and she didn’t do that around me.”

This reinforces my point: If Whitney and KC had gotten together, whatever drug problem she had would have been snuffed out. I'm not saying it would have been easy. But if she could curb the "bad habit," as she called it in the Diane Sawyer interview, for Eddie, then she could certainly have beaten it altogether with a good man in her life resolved to helping her stay clean and healthy.

What say you all?
Agreed she definitely could’ve beaten it all together with the right man in her life Kevin woulda supported her and got rid of all those leeches and bad influences also, some of whom wouldnt have been around her in the 1st place (woulda took out the trash, clean house so to speak). Eddie just wow way to be a 1st rate JERK!!!!! I mean he should be thankful she gave Him the time of day and actually dated him!!

Last edited by KevWhitFan; 04-10-2012 at 03:08 PM
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I hear what you saying completely but who would ever compare BB with Whitney Houston. She was iconic when she met him. I don't even think of them remotely in the same way. He should have been on the road working instead of sitting idly in a mansion doing nothing.
He certainly had enough material to tour. There are artist with far less material than him touring.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM
New Fan

Apparently Kevin will be on Anderson Cooper's show soon to promote his new mini-series. A sneak preview talking where Anderson asks him about Whitney's drug problems.

Kevin Costner Talks Whitney Houston on 'Anderson'

Interesting he says money can't buy you happiness and that he elected to let Whitney live her life after the bodyguard but she was someone he would always appreciate and be close to.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)

I've seen the first pic from after the funeral and a couple of others, but not the kiss. IMO, it's not a good thing when someone kisses you and their eyes are wide open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitneydreams (View Post)
Yeah, I heard about kisses with eyes wide open is a sign of lack/no feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWhitFan (View Post)
. Poor Kevin he just wasn’t happy with out his WHITNEY nothing could bring him the joy like she could/did (exceptions: kids and music which also brought him joy) I know he must be suffering some serious pain now. He definitely doesn’t look all that excited in photos with CB seems he isn’t all that into it and not really all that excited once again bringing up the fact her called her a good partner which to me says it all.
Totally agree with these observations--these are my impressions as well.

Quote:
If Whitney and KC had gotten together, whatever drug problem she had would have been snuffed out. I'm not saying it would have been easy. But if she could curb the "bad habit," as she called it in the Diane Sawyer interview, for Eddie, then she could certainly have beaten it altogether with a good man in her life resolved to helping her stay clean and healthy.

What say you all?
I say that is the primary reason I created an account to post to this series of threads on the Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston story. Even though I had never seen the movie and had only seen the 'I Will Always Love You' music videos and promos for The Bodyguard when it was released 20 yrs ago--after learning of her death, my first reaction was 'this wouldn't have happened if she married Kevin Costner'.

And it was that knowledge--I say knowledge, not 'hunch' nor 'suspicion'--but a deep inner knowledge that had those two ended up together in real life she would be alive right now and still singing with that beautiful voice. And he would be happy instead of 'content' (if even that).

And in closing out this thread--this thread I helped name--Star-Crossed--I believe, truly believe that the missed opportunity of being man and wife with Whitney was what Kevin Costner was referring to when he used the term 'Star Crossed' when asked about Whitney's signature song in a recent interview. His mind did not go to the song, but to the 'what might've been' of the relationship that never was.

And what bothers me so much about her one and only marriage and his second marriage is that those two avoidable events were key factors in Kevin and Whitney not getting together. And yes I believe they were being thwarted from their destiny by the two parties involved. Both selfishly motivated imo. I mostly blame BB and that marriage of hers, but close behind is his second marriage. If Whitney had only waited to marry, Kevin was soon about to be free--if he had only waited to remarry, Whitney would've soon been free. I truly think that is what he was referring to when he used the word 'star-crossed'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
I totally agree with you. We pray that God allows Kevin, and all of us, to not be sad about Whitney and to just remember the good things (as that is the best way to cope with such a great loss); to not have many regrets (we can only do the best we can with the cards we are dealt); to be able to see all his children grow. He is a good person (he single-handedly shone/shined a positive light on Whitney at a most critical moment) and deserves to be happy and in good health and have good things come his way.
Yes, let's pray that he will live to see his children grow and he will somehow, someday find happiness....

Last edited by casual observer; 04-10-2012 at 03:49 PM
Old 04-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala79 (View Post)
Hi guys, I found something interesting:

Kevin Costner at Whitney's Funeral on ET & The Insider - YouTube

Apparently it's not just us who found his speech touching...
Hey I saw this also and I keep looking for more! I wish there was video that showed the reactions in accordance to who was speaking at the time - that would be great!

I am also trying to find any video of when Whitney presented the award to Kevin at the Celebrity Fight Night celebration for Mohammed Ali in 2008. I found the "Insider" video but I'm looking for any video of Whitney actually giving the award to KC. I live about two miles from where this took place here in Phoenix and hadn't even known about it! Guess life was keeping my busy then.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanyr (View Post)
Apparently Kevin will be on Anderson Cooper's show soon to promote his new mini-series. A sneak preview talking where Anderson asks him about Whitney's drug problems.

Kevin Costner Talks Whitney Houston on 'Anderson'

Interesting he says money can't buy you happiness and that he elected to let Whitney live her life after the bodyguard but she was someone he would always appreciate and be close to.
Yes, definately an interesting choice of words! I especially like the use of "elected to let" in that he decided to not try to pursue a life with Whitney after the BG. Gives more credence to his love for her and desire to have something more.

Sorry for the double post! I tried to hit the back button when I realized that I might be the last poster but it was too late!!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

it's time for a new thread. I'll be making it right now, so no more posting.

Thread #7 is now up so please move all discussions there: http://www.fanforum.com/f88/kevney-7...ever-63052200/

I hope you guys don't mind that picked the title this time and I hope you ladies like it for the new one. There were so many that I couldn't really decided which one to use so I just picked one.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 04-10-2012 at 05:16 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread