Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
I hate JTV for mishandling such great chances. What was the point of Catalina?
This can be said about almost everything on the show. Very little of their "plots" have real consequences. I find that so frustrating. Even more frustrating is that they have clever ideas sometimes like the parallel between Alba/Mateo Sr/Cecila and J/R/Catalina but never follow through. I was also excited when Michael saw J/R emails. I thought they'd explore his feelings, and Jane's feelings more, but nope! Or even when J/M seemed to be fighting in S3 but nothing came of it, not even a real discussion among themselves.

So I am kind of hoping they don't get a season 5 so we won't be subjected to meaningless stories. I also don't like the goofiness they've introduced to Rafael in the last couple of episodes - like the dances and his impression of Mateo's toys (just like Michael a few episodes ago). That's another reason I want the show to have a shorter shelf-life - Rafael seems to be slowly morphing into Michael! GAH!!!

I saw a quick snap that Gina put out where she shows a young guy on set and teases us about who he is. That combined with some of the sides we've heard about indicate that she is going to have other love interests. Thank goodness. Because you know she's going to have to go through the hard emotional purge of Michael with someone. I'm glad it won't be Rafael.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A Catalina/Rafael/Jane triangle could have been good. Justin had great chemistry with both actresses.
They did have good chemistry but only if you think triangles can be good. I think that's pretty rare.

As for Catalina, they didn't explore her as much as they could have but I do think she served a purpose in that Raf was very much into her but he wasn't into dating someone shady.

New ep description is out:

Spoiler:

I hope that
Spoiler:
Old 03-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
This can be said about almost everything on the show. Very little of their "plots" have real consequences. I find that so frustrating. Even more frustrating is that they have clever ideas sometimes like the parallel between Alba/Mateo Sr/Cecila and J/R/Catalina but never follow through. I was also excited when Michael saw J/R emails. I thought they'd explore his feelings, and Jane's feelings more, but nope! Or even when J/M seemed to be fighting in S3 but nothing came of it, not even a real discussion among themselves.

So I am kind of hoping they don't get a season 5 so we won't be subjected to meaningless stories. I also don't like the goofiness they've introduced to Rafael in the last couple of episodes - like the dances and his impression of Mateo's toys (just like Michael a few episodes ago). That's another reason I want the show to have a shorter shelf-life - Rafael seems to be slowly morphing into Michael! GAH!!!

I saw a quick snap that Gina put out where she shows a young guy on set and teases us about who he is. That combined with some of the sides we've heard about indicate that she is going to have other love interests. Thank goodness. Because you know she's going to have to go through the hard emotional purge of Michael with someone. I'm glad it won't be Rafael.
I don't see it getting a season five.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)

Are you referring to Petra & Rafael's fantasy dance after the police said the bones were not on their property? That's typical JTV. I believe all shows (that are not cancelled) should have no more than 5/6 seasons. A 5 year plan for this series is perfect. S5 could have 13 episodes. CBS usually let their low rated series on the CW go 4 seasons but lot of them don't have the critical acclaim this show has. I hope it gets a fifth final season.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 03-10-2017 at 05:58 PM
Old 03-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
They did have good chemistry but only if you think triangles can be good. I think that's pretty rare.

As for Catalina, they didn't explore her as much as they could have but I do think she served a purpose in that Raf was very much into her but he wasn't into dating someone shady.

New ep description is out:

Spoiler:

I hope that
Spoiler:
Wouldn't that most likely be about bones? Hotel related stuff.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Like Muffy Simba said, the dancing is typical JTV. Someone on Tumblr did a gif set of all the celebratory dances on JTV and it had almost all the main characters. Goofy dancing isn't a Michael thing on JTV. It's a JTV thing.

As for the voice, he has 3 kids under the age of 5. I'd be surprised if he didn't have more goofy stuff like that. I think it's a case of Rafael *finally* getting to do the dad stuff that they were inexplicably giving to Michael.

Sometimes I worry about that, and about Rafael becoming Jane's "yes man" like Michael. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Quote:
Eh, it depends on the triangle. I'm a multi shipper so they don't bother me as much as they do other people. Maybe not a full fledged triangle...but I thought Catalina brought out a different side to Jane and made her question things, which I liked. And I enjoy jealous!Jane a lot.

As for the 4 year vs. 5 year thing, I hope if it gets a fifth season, it's a shortened one. I honestly don't know how long it'll last. I'm thinking 5 years b/c Jennie has a 5 year plan, and this show is pretty acclaimed (unlike most CW shows).
Old 03-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Passionate Fan

IA. The man has 3 kids under the age of 5. I think the goofy stuff makes sense.

I don't want a season 5 for now but then again I don't know what stories they want to tell. If they did not expect this show to go on for 5 seasons they might not even have that many quality stories to tell.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't see it getting a season five.
I'd be fine with four seasons but they just gave Crazy Ex-Girlfriend a third season. If they can get a third then bye golly, I suspect Jane will get its five. Especially since it brings such critical acclaim to the network. But we'll see.

Quote:
Maybe not a full fledged triangle...but I thought Catalina brought out a different side to Jane and made her question things, which I liked.
She did and I liked that a lot too. But I don't think she brought out much different in Rafael. And the middle person in the triangle who can't make a decision does not look good which is why I usually hate triangles.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I always got the sense that s4 was the magic number for these shows. But, who knows.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I would have an issue with him not being goofy with his kids now and then. Parents are supposed to be silly with their very young kids.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 03-11-2017 at 01:05 PM
Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope Jane's dating life is more interesting and substantial than it was the last time the show had her date.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Tv guide just ranked jtv as the #1 cw show of all times. Mixed feelings
Old 03-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be fair, being the best show on the CW of all time isn't saying a whole lot. I'm surprised the honor didn't go to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
To be fair, being the best show on the CW of all time isn't saying a whole lot.
exactly!!!
Old 03-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Tv guide just ranked jtv as the #1 cw show of all times. Mixed feelings
really, I think the100 is much much better than jtv.