Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
I loved the Premiere episode. It was everything I imagined and better. I really, really enjoyed that they spent a good amount of time with Claire and Frank. They could have chosen to rush it, but they didn't.
I thought they did a great job establishing that. I always felt bad for Frank

But not too bad, I love Jamie
Old 08-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I really, really enjoyed that they spent a good amount of time with Claire and Frank. They could have chosen to rush it, but they didn't.
That was a great decision on their part.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 08-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
Add me please
Welcome. Added you.

Did you watch the Premiermor read the novels?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I thought they did a great job establishing that. I always felt bad for Frank

But not too bad, I love Jamie
I feel bad for Frank too, you know when she sees Jamie its going to be game over for Frank.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I love that there's a Jamie and Claire shipper thread! Please add me!
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 08-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

|Sassenach, Outlander, 1.01
X

Jasonsgurl310 - you've been added. Welcome!

Last edited by CityGal; 08-06-2014 at 11:53 PM
Old 08-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes the romance between Claire and Frank Randall is yet much more tender than in the novel...the writers have done an amazing work with Tobias Menzies. Because he seems so correct and cold, and so gentle, a true "English gentleman". I have any doubt about his love by Claire, the life is unfair with Frank. Oh...i am so happy the first episode was over all about the Claire´s marriage. Is a incredible dramatical resource by the writers, now we will support a lot of much more tension & love. Is the first time what i have in the same series two ships what i just adore.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did you watch the Premiermor read the novels?
I've watched the first episode and I bought the kindle version of the first book. I will read it soon.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 08-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm actually glad I read the book about 12 years ago. I tend to be nitpicky with TV versions of books I love. I read it so long ago that I don't remember the details so I think I will like it more
Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same for me. I read it over 10 years ago so there is a lot of forgotten details and so I'm less nitpicky than I normally would be. But the general story stayed with me and I love Jamie and Claire. What I really, really like from the premiere is they showed Frank and Claire as happy, married couple still in love with each other. It makes the inner conflict within Claire more believable and THAT much more powerful.

I also think it enhances the Jamie/Claire story better in the long run.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Passionate Fan

I've read the book a million times, and honestly the small liberties they took are not a big deal to me. As long as they stay true to the story I'm good. And as long as SH keeps saying "Sassenach"....

After seeing the first episode, I'm curious to see what kind of pace they set for season. Even with 16 episodes, Outlander has a lot of ground to cover!
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsgurl310 (View Post)
I've read the book a million times, and honestly the small liberties they took are not a big deal to me. As long as they stay true to the story I'm good. And as long as SH keeps saying "Sassenach"....

After seeing the first episode, I'm curious to see what kind of pace they set for season. Even with 16 episodes, Outlander has a lot of ground to cover!
Agree.

There is so much story to cover and Ron Moore gave no indication if the entire book encompasses only this season. The beautiful detail evident in the Premiere hopefully continues throughout the series and should slow the pace down. If the ratings are good, maybe they'll stretch the story out for 2 season on this one book alone.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 08-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, exactly. The fact of show Frank and Claire like a married happy couple, is like to make the Jamie´s Sassenach yet much more special, in all her affections. She is a woman in love now separated of her husband, and soon, she will be forced to marry with a young man who all this time was her best friend and confident....i am dyeing for see this part in her fate.
Oh, and the way in that Mrs. Graham read her hand....i think all the magic Gabaldon´s atmosphere was captured by the director in a unmatched way, even the dance of the Druids Women is more special in the series that in the book.....is something without an explanation....Jamie & Claire will arrive soon. I´m pretty sure, because they are there, in some part...

Last edited by Moons112; 08-07-2014 at 09:40 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread