Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Extreme Fan

*popping in*

Hey Marie, I'll do my best to help you keep this afloat.

I LOOOVE that cap up there that Cindy posted! Holy gorgeous!

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm here. And I still love them.

I should swing by Katherine's board and TR's thread. I love them both, but just haven't been keeping up with GA related stuff as much.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Loyal Fan

OMGGG title!
and the same as today, I do wonder, will I be able to say my love to you?
[Gin&Rangiku]
Old 10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I should swing by Katherine's board and TR's thread.
I know, me too. I tend to just post on the BGL thread and that's it.

Quote:
OMGGG title!
I know, right?? When I read it today I was like, "Aww...! *sniffle*"

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 10-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly just try to forget that GA existed because of what happened to these amazing characters Hopefully being in this thread will help me to get over the rage.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

Aww, Red, hank you so much for rescuing this thread.

I had to go to page 28 to find it and that isn't right. That thread can't die.

So good to see Ashley and other GI fans posting too.

Thanks for the compliments on the title. It was mine, anyhow I am pretty sure it was. It was so long ago, LOL.

I can see George watching over Izzie from heaven, being her guardian angel.

TR and Katie's careers are doing great. Katie's new movie opened at number 2.

And TR's play with SIR Patrick Stewart just opened.

Katie went to see the previews, and both Kate Walsh and Melissa George wre at the premiere with him. Kate said he was amazing on her twitter.

There are tons and tons of photos of the play and of TR with Patrick, Kate and Melissa over on the TR thread. He is getting rave reviews.

I still miss Gizzie though.

In my fantasy land, George and Izzie are married, have two kids, Hope and little Harry, twins and are running their own clinic to help people who don't have the financial resources.

I go with the show until the bench scene and then I make up my lown story. It is so much better.

When I do get mad, I remember all the amazing moments we had with those two.

Great video about those moments:
YouTube - George and Izzie: Everything!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I honestly just try to forget that GA existed because of what happened to these amazing characters
*sigh* I know how you feel. I can't mention the show without sounding ultra bitter and scornful. For me it's that I loved the early seasons SO MUCH and fell so deep in love with George and Izzie, separately as characters, but also together whether friendship-wise or romance-wise, and then come S4/S5, the show itself really began to become unrecognizable.

The writing slumped, GI's SL was axed, other SLs where left hanging or abruptly axed, and it went from a show about give interns, full of humor and heart, to a cold, over dramatic soap opera. The characters I grew to love were not the characters I was watching and them offing George in S5 was the absolute last straw. I hated S5, all of it, and when they killed the only reason why I was hanging on, there was no point in bothering anymore.

Quote:
I go with the show until the bench scene and then I make up my lown story. It is so much better.
My "canon" universe basically ends at the S3 finale (as I only will watch that far now) but includes the "good" GI scenes from S4 and 5 . My fantasy land is a whole other ball game.

Quote:
When I do get mad, I remember all the amazing moments we had with those two.
It is true. And while I still feel bitter about how poorly their S4 storyline was handled and their ship in general, we had that GORGEOUS breakup, and the linen closet scene, the elevator kiss, the elevator death... SO much goodness. And I'm mostly hating on the show as a whole, personally - Izzie and George's respective destructions is only a piece of it (a large piece, of course ).

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

I do sound bitter when I talk about Grey. The only show I ever felt that way about was The OC, bt it wasn't as bad. Maybe because like you, I thought Grey was such an amazng show the threfirst seasons. You cared about those characters and them becoming doctors and surviving the hell of internship. You loved that, eve if they were so different, they were a family who would go to the mat for each other.

Then those characters became those unlikable, selfish people who didn't seem to care about each other anymore and I didn't recognize them.

There was also what they did to the GI relationship. They had a friendship and a love that survived everything. They needed each other and brought out the best in each other, but suddenly they seemed to just not need each or anymore, and to grow distant. George flundered alone and forgotten. It was painful. Their friendship which was so inspiring in its inconditionality and which brought such light and joy to the show was pretty much discarded until the very end.

George who brought so much humanty to the show became an unthinking, unfeeling extra.

I am glad that they did remember Izzie and George's bond in the last episodes before his death and then after his death. Izzie fighting for his locker, telling Charles he would never measure up to George, but it was a little too little, too late.

At least though they didn't end the way Alex and Izzie did with so much anger and bitterness, and I am grateful for that.

I would never compare it to a soap opera though. Soaps have a lot of flaws, but lack of heart is surely not one of them.

In soaps, people have onnections and they stand by the friends they love no matter what. There is a community feeling like there was in the first days of Grey and when someone LOVED dies, he is honoured and remembered for years after. Someone said soaps did four things well: love, marriage, death and friendships, and I wish Grey could follow their leads on this.

I have read the show has find its way again. I don't watch anymore, so I don't know, but whenever I tried to watch in seasons 5 and 6, I idn't recognize the show and I ended up switching it off after 5 minutes.

I hate how Izzie ended too. Alone and separated from all her friends, and I hated what they had ehr say t meredith. So not Izzie.

Basically, I still care about Mer and that is it.

But I am grateful that George and Izzie loved and liked each other till the very end and that Izzie missed him so much when he died.

I am also grateful for all the wonderful moments they had. I don't think many couples have as much special moments as those two had, and no matter what, it was clear Shonda did love them by seeing the writing for them. We also had TR and Katie playing them who loved each other so much in real life and are such amazing actors.

I wouldn't change that for anything.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
and I didn't recognize them.
Exactly. I recently watched the S6 finale, pretty much for curiosity' sake, since even a few months later I keep hearing people mention the "intense bloodbath" . I think I mentioned this in the GL thread right after I watched it, but I didn't feel like I knew any of them anymore. I felt like I was watching a different show with the same actors who happened to be playing different characters with the same names. It was weird how deeply disconnected I felt - to the point where I was pretty much shrugging when the main characters were in peril - after several seasons of being so deeply invested and emotional!! The exception was Bailey - I still felt like I knew her, and her storyline is what kept me watching, otherwise I would've just turned it off.

Quote:
I would never compare it to a soap opera though.
Sorry, I know you're a soap fan, I knew you weren't going to like that comment. Mostly what I meant by Grey's now being a soap is that has become overdramatic and often using the more gimmicky and dramatic type plotlines that soaps tend to use.

Quote:
At least though they didn't end the way Alex and Izzie did with so much anger and bitterness, and I am grateful for that.
Me as the bitter shipper is just glad that they ended. But me as the more objective and compassionate person, no, I hate how they ended it too. It wasn't right, it wasn't fair, it wasn't Izzie and it was altogether a terrible SL.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

[QUOTE=Red Bess Rackham;51288293][COLOR="DarkRed"]

Exactly. I recently watched the S6 finale, pretty much for curiosity' sake, since even a few months later I keep hearing people mention the "intense bloodbath" . I think I mentioned this in the GL thread right after I watched it, but I didn't feel like I knew any of them anymore. I felt like I was watching a different show with the same actors who happened to be playing different characters with the same names. It was weird how deeply disconnected I felt - to the point where I was pretty much shrugging when the main characters were in peril - after several seasons of being so deeply invested and emotional!! The exception was Bailey - I still felt like I knew her, and her storyline is what kept me watching, otherwise I would've just turned it off.

You know I have been reading how much better Grey is now, that it's back to his glory old days by some fans who had been on the verge of quitting. But I did try to watch and I just didn't feel connected anymore. The connection is gone, except with Meredith. It's weird cause I used to be connected to each of thsoe characters. I didn't like Alex, but I still felt like I knew him and knew what made him tick. Not anymore. Even characters like Cristina who I used to like so much seem like strangers now.

Sorry, I know you're a soap fan, I knew you weren't going to like that comment. Mostly what I meant by Grey's now being a soap is that has become overdramatic and often using the more gimmicky and dramatic type plotlines that soaps tend to use.
Yes, it depends on the soap though. People think they are all the same but every soap is pretty unique and has its own characteristics. Days is definitely the most overdramatic show with larger than life characters and buried alive people and so on. Yet, they do have those large families you have known for years. Different generations of the family mingle together. The parents and grand-parents are actually involved in their kids' lives. Some friendship have survived decades. You also have soaps like Young and Restless and Guiding Light who were very much grounded in reality. YR is about the business world, so no buried alive and wild stories there. But even the soaps who do restort to gimmicky and dramatic plotlines do know how to mix it in with intimate moments. People gathering at the cemetary for the anniversary of the death of a beloved town member, friends being there for each other. People going out for lunch or shopping. Grey can't seem to get the intimate part right, just the dramatic gimmicks of soaps,

Me as the bitter shipper is just glad that they ended. But me as the more objective and compassionate person, no, I hate how they ended it too. It wasn't right, it wasn't fair, it wasn't Izzie and it was altogether a terrible SL.
I never thought AI should be together. I didn't think they were right or good for each other, so a part of me is just glad that they are over. But as a Grey fan, I hate how they ended. It made no sense, and they had Izzie act so out of character.

The Gizzie fan in me likes to think she acted OOC because she lost herself when George died, her better self.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
that it's back to his glory old days
I fail to see how it could be without MAGIC. If they truly returned to the heart and banter and humor that made the show, I could agree that it was returning to the tone that made it a hit. It can never get back to its glory days w/o George and Izzie, tho. They were part of the core!

Quote:
I didn't like Alex, but I still felt like I knew him and knew what made him tick.
Agreed. I have never liked Alex, from day one, but I more or less understood him. (My biggest problem lies more with the ultra-passionate Alex fans who defend his every horrible deed/word like he's a misunderstood saint or something, and he's never to blame, or it's all because of his bad childhood, blah blah blah. I could go on for hours on this one but I will restrain myself )

Quote:
Grey can't seem to get the intimate part right, just the dramatic gimmicks of soaps,
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
I never thought AI should be together.
Oh golly, no. Never, never. I can swallow the first time they were together, because it was the classic love/hate/lust type of thing, and it almost worked. Except Alex was always still crappy Alex, and then he slept with Olivia and treated Izzie horribly about Denny - whether he was right or not about her growing to close to a patient, he could have been MUCH gentler about it. The second time they got together... let's just say that's another thing I could on forever about but won't get into.

Quote:
It made no sense, and they had Izzie act so out of character.
My cousin and I were just talking about this the other day, actually. She and my sister have been rewatching S5 and 6, and she was saying she hates how badly they did Izzie and her relationship with Alex. She was saying how following the heart-breaking S6 premiere, Izzie becomes unrecognizable and she said, "They basically make us completely hate her and by the time she leaves for good, we're all shouting GOOD RIDDANCE! They absolutely should have offed her in the finale with George and saved us all a lot of crap." And I totally agree with that statement.

Quote:
The Gizzie fan in me likes to think she acted OOC because she lost herself when George died, her better self.
With my writer's brain, that's how I explain it in my head to "fit" with canon. To use a quote I just heard from Battlestar Galactica the other day (paraphrased): "After [what happened], it's like the world got painted with a different set of colors. I don't know what I'm doing anymore." I thought that fit S6!Izzie perfectly. George was her rock, her best friend, her soulmate, and even if we want to canonically say she was in love with Alex, he wasn't and never will be what George is to her, which was ok, as long as George was still around. Except then he died, and I think something totally broke inside of her. So she was so desperately trying to move on or pretend nothing had changed, when her world had been tipped sideways and upside down, and finally she couldn't handle it and had to drop everything, leave behind everything she knew.

I overanalyze, what can I say.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bess Rackham (View Post)

*sigh* I know how you feel. I can't mention the show without sounding ultra bitter and scornful.
Same.

I pretty much haven't watched any GA since around the time I stopped watching. Which was at the end of Season 4. And I own the dvds. I just.. can't watch them.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am really bitter I don't even water it down because I feel like I truly hate the show and Shonda Rhimes And not only for what happened with George and Izzie but what happened to the show in general. It was so good and then it died....
Old 10-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Red, I agree. The show can't go back to its magic without the fab 5. It can't be magic without George and Izzie, it's just MAC, plain old mac and cheese.

It can go back to being a good show, but never get back that special quality that made it so addictive, especially since George and Izzie brought the light and heart to the show.

I sometimes liked Alex, sometimes hated him, but yeah I always sort of got him even when he made me angry. Now, I don't recognize him even more. I am with you. I adore Justin but some of his overzealous fans made it very hard to do so. I kept having to remember what a sweet, terrific guy Justin is and what a good actor and how he was not responsible for the hatefulness showed by SOME of his most rabid fans.

I always try to separate the fanbases from the actors, but they do make it hard at times.

I thought Alex loved Izzie a lot more than she loved him but he loved her in a way that he wanted her to save him from himself and he loved her because she made him like himself. That is not good because you have to be a good person for yourself and love yourself first if you want anyone to love you for real. His whole life was about her so when she fell for someone else (Denny, George), he grew mad at her for not responding to his needs.

That is not a basis for a good relationship.

Someone should never be your WHOLE life.

I do think Izzie was in love with him, but not like she was with Denny and especially George. George was her family, her soulmate and her best friend and like you said, something broke when he died. She couldn't even show her grief as it made Alex feel insecure so she kept it hidden and it exploded.

I could never hate Izzie. I could see the hurt behind all of her actions but she was not Izzie in the end.

Kylie, I haven't been able to watch the Grey's DVDs I have either. It is too painful.

It's sad as Gizzie (with Nick and Tess from mcleod, couple in my icon) are my favorite couples ever. I rewatch the first 5 seasons and a half of Mcleod all the time to see the Nick and Tess scenes as they had a happy ending and I don't feel bitter watching them. I know they lived happily ever after.

But George and Izzie? I can,t watch. I get too angry and sad.

It took me months to even start watching their music videos again but now I do, but the actual show? It's too hard. It sucks how they ended.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And not only for what happened with George and Izzie but what happened to the show in general. It was so good and then it died....
AGREED.

Quote:
And I own the dvds. I just.. can't watch them.
I own the first three seasons, and I watch them from time to time, but I just pretend there's nothing after that. And then I might YT GI's good scenes from S4, and that's it.

Quote:
I thought Alex loved Izzie a lot more than she loved him but he loved her in a way that he wanted her to save him from himself and he loved her because she made him like himself. That is not good because you have to be a good person for yourself and love yourself first if you want anyone to love you for real. His whole life was about her so when she fell for someone else (Denny, George), he grew mad at her for not responding to his needs.
I know what you mean. I definitely think Alex loved Izzie, but I also definitely think that a portion (however big) was because he loved how he was with her - he felt he could be better or more good or whatever around her, she made him feel worthy, whatever. That may not be totally wrong, but how he handles those feelings, and the fact that I think Izzie brings Alex "up" and Alex tends to bring Izzie "down" is what makes it unhealthy to me. Never mind my own personal deep seated dislike of Alex and his personality.

~Red

[ icon ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread