Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if I have any deal breakers. I guess if they do a 180 on both John Ross and Pamela's characters. It wouldn't truly be them so I wouldn't watch it unless it's part of a con they are doing.

That scene from 2.02 was fantastic. I showed it to my friend who doesn't watch Dallas. She liked it, but she said they should've did it in the elevator. I love how they have a verbal chess match during the negotiation. That scene was beautifully acted and directed. it.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I don't know if I have any deal breakers. I guess if they do a 180 on both John Ross and Pamela's characters. It wouldn't truly be them so I wouldn't watch it unless it's part of a con they are doing.
I have two deal breakers. An Emma pregnancy and recasts of characters I love.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I have two deal breakers. An Emma pregnancy and recasts of characters I love.
OMG I would hate if Emma gets pregnant. One thing, that means JR didn't use protection. In this day and age, that is dangerous and shows he really has no respect for his wife. What if he brought her something?

I've seen on Facebook where some people want her to get pregnant and have Pamela pregnant at the same time. NO THANK YOU!!!

That would be a deal breaker.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)

That scene from 2.02 was fantastic. I showed it to my friend who doesn't watch Dallas. She liked it, but she said they should've did it in the elevator. I love how they have a verbal chess match during the negotiation. That scene was beautifully acted and directed. it.

I loved every single JRPR scene in season 2 but this one is my favorite. Their chemistry just exploded off the screen and the scene was just so perfectly written, acted, and directed. Right then I knew this was going to make them the IT couple for season two. I would have loved elevator sex too of course and I'll definitely take that in the future with them lol but I thought that scene of him coming off the elevator was like something you would see in a movie. I loved her fierce stance and look on her face when he gets off the elevator. That combined with her bringing it back up showed him that he had met his match. I wanted these two to get together when season one ended and it was revealed she was really Pamela Barnes but I thought it was a pipe dream since they only had like one scene the first season. So I was beyond excited with what we got in the season premiere and then it just got better and better as they fell in love. The forehead kiss after the hostage situation was when I knew they had my heart forever
Old 05-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyRules (View Post)
I loved every single JRPR scene in season 2 but this one is my favorite. Their chemistry just exploded off the screen and the scene was just so perfectly written, acted, and directed. Right then I knew this was going to make them the IT couple for season two. I would have loved elevator sex too of course and I'll definitely take that in the future with them lol but I thought that scene of him coming off the elevator was like something you would see in a movie. I loved her fierce stance and look on her face when he gets off the elevator. That combined with her bringing it back up showed him that he had met his match. I wanted these two to get together when season one ended and it was revealed she was really Pamela Barnes but I thought it was a pipe dream since they only had like one scene the first season. So I was beyond excited with what we got in the season premiere and then it just got better and better as they fell in love. The forehead kiss after the hostage situation was when I knew they had my heart forever
They could have elevator sex when they move her out of her penthouse.

I love how he automatically knew what calling the elevator up meant. The way he leaped out of that elevator took my breath away.

I didn't know that the premiere was two hours so I only recorded the first hour. I was just excited about that first meeting. Then I came on here and everyone was talking about the second episode, and I was so crushed that I didn't have it recorded. When I finally saw it, I was My crack ship was actually happening.

I also love how Pamela wanted everything to be on her terms and John Ross kept trying to get the upperhand. I also like their scene in the limo when he surprises her, and I love when he says he would've taken 50%. It's his way of trying to get in her head and gain a little control.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Josh´s facebook many people asking John Ross and Pamela have a baby, John Ross IV.

I think absurd put Emma pregnant, I think the last scene of the season finale generated a lot of criticism and anger, then imagine if Emma is pregnant of John Ross, this will generate the first world war in the internet fans angry about it.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:12 PM
New Fan

Well I pretty much loved all the scenes already mentioned, but a few more that I really enjoyed that haven't been mentioned

1. The scene when I knew they had become my first Dallas TNT ship. John Ross came to penthouse and Pamela was on the balcony. JR3 kept saying hello and she didn't answer then he just stopped dead when he saw her standiing on the balcony followed by him quoting The Great Gatsby. I loved the negotiation and the sex that came after of course, but the start of that scene still makes me smile every single time.

2. The scene where he asks her about Tommy's death. I love that he knew it was self defense.

3. When JR3 is sitting in back of the courtroom while Frank is being arraigned. Pamela doesn't even know he is there, but he stays just long enough to hear Frank confess to killing Tommy before slipping out the back. He wanted to make sure she was okay and then he left with no one else being the wiser.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:39 PM
New Fan

I think it's a very big possibility that Pamela might blame herself because she was insecure that John Ross sees her differently now knowing Cliff killed his dad. So I can see John Ross using her insecurity and guilt over that to try and excuse his cheating at first when she finds out. But then I also expect Pamela to eventually find out that Cliff didn't kill JR so that won't last long. Not saying that will definitely happen but the door was opened for that being a possibility last season.

I have only one deal breaker and that is rape. That's my deal breaker for any couple. I can forgive pretty much anything else.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilatotaler (View Post)
Well I pretty much loved all the scenes already mentioned, but a few more that I really enjoyed that haven't been mentioned

1. The scene when I knew they had become my first Dallas TNT ship. John Ross came to penthouse and Pamela was on the balcony. JR3 kept saying hello and she didn't answer then he just stopped dead when he saw her standiing on the balcony followed by him quoting The Great Gatsby. I loved the negotiation and the sex that came after of course, but the start of that scene still makes me smile every single time.

2. The scene where he asks her about Tommy's death. I love that he knew it was self defense.

3. When JR3 is sitting in back of the courtroom while Frank is being arraigned. Pamela doesn't even know he is there, but he stays just long enough to hear Frank confess to killing Tommy before slipping out the back. He wanted to make sure she was okay and then he left with no one else being the wiser.
#1 - I loved that part too and when she came in and was like are you trying to woo me with poetry now I also like when they show her standing out there on the balcony staring off. I think I read on a website she did that something like 6 times this season. That's her thing lol. That whole scene really showed her transformation too from meek, plainer Rebecca to kickass, take no prisoners Pamela with the new power suit and tight dresses wardrobe to the new hair to the way she walked with authority and command to the lower voice. I loved that interview where Julie said she did all of those things along with hair and makeup and the costume department to show the difference in Pamela from Rebecca. And John Ross definitely liked what he saw

#2 - I love how even though he said the reason he wanted to know what happened was just to protect the deal she saw through that and kissed him. The kiss said so much without her having to say anything at all like a thank you for believing me and caring what happens to me. That was the first sign of genuine feelings on both of their parts.

#3 - That's one of the reasons no matter how the season finale ended we know how much he cares about Pamela. He even betrayed his father for her which was huge!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

I love the contrast of him walking in and seeing her on the balcony in 2.02 to him finding her on the balcony in 2.11. You can see how their relationship has progressed between the times. I like how John Ross didn't go straight to the Bourbon. He kept looking for her until he found her. I know the situations are different, but I thought the beginning of 2.11 was a nice homage to the 2.02 scene. Both were written by Aaron Allen

I love John Ross at Frank's hearing. Again, I like the use of contrast between his reaction and Christopher's.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think we all were carried away by the romantic John Ross in season 2. Admittedly, the last scene was terrible. I was physically ill from it. On the other hand, the writers brilliantly built character of John Ross and in the last minute forced doubt. Today, while I soaked up the situation, I think it was a stroke of genius. We all love Pamela Rebecca and John Rosss. What is better than the lure of the unclear situation about them? But when rationally evaluate their relationship. John Ross had a broken heart. Elena was his first love, she left him for his cousin. I still think that he was worst of the four, he suffered the most. I do not deny that Rebecca had some deep feelings for Christopher, but it was all a con. And she subconsciously knew it very well.

During the second season we saw the writings of John Ross in action. He seemed more affected by Pamela, but he is more impulsive and temperamental than her. Pamela looked like most of the ice, but eventually she confessed feelings. I do not know, but we saw the depth of her feelings. Only at the end of the 2nd season, we could identify with her. John Ross has many faults, is impatient, impetuous, ruthless womanizer. But the whole time we were with him felt pity we did, wished him success, but Pamela was that bad. She cheated and abused the people around her. During the second season has been through hell and we loved her. She most advanced and became our heroine. The worse the last scene.

At the moment, I really believe that John Ross Pamela played all the time that he made all the time that he used her lost child and her grief. Ugh, terrible thing. Now, I sincerely doubt it. Makers would be fools if they dropped the story JR / PR. This is the best thing that happened to them. Now after the death of JR need to support a story that connects the fans and the reason why viewers Dallas begins again.

I think that John Ross is actually very insecure. He feels that he has something to prove dead father, his great love betrayed him and is married to a woman of whom know what to expect. I do not defend cheating, but in their short and unusual marriage that I can understand.

Yes, I want to Pamela Rebecca him kick ass and to pay for his affair, but I'll take it as just another obstacle in building a wonderful relationship between John Ross and Pamela Rebecca. I think they are one of the best pairs in recent years on the screen at all )

Sorry for my English, I'm from Czech Republic and my English is very bad indeed.

P.S. The best scene is before the court. Pamela looks fantastic and sighs and bows her head when she explains that they can not see each other. I love it. And his sight when she left him. It's heartbreaking! And then of course the hostage situation and the line "I do"! OMG everything is great

Last edited by hannah.lia; 05-03-2013 at 04:56 PM
Old 05-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

New thread? This time I would chose something from Pamela twitter:
I think I've finally found the perfect man for me. Pamela R. Barnes
Marrying the man I love feels good. Pamela R. Barnes
I'm getting a second chance at happiness. Pamela R. Barnes

or little John Ross .. I rather his doubt over his declaration of love
And They Said Barnes and Ewing and could not along ... John Ross Ewing
Does she love me, or am I a mark, too? John Ross Ewing
Pamela plays the game as well as I do. John Ross Ewing

or something from Facebook page:
A Barnes and an Ewing in love sounds like a modern day Romeo and Juliet. Here's to hoping this one Is not a tragedy.

It was not a storybook wedding, but All That Is that mattered it was with the woman that i love, Pamela.

OK. This last statement is my favorite. John Ross uses strong words, perhaps the man up in the third season and it will be accompanied by his actions!

Last edited by hannah.lia; 05-03-2013 at 05:16 PM
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

hannah.lia your English is just fine and I like your post
Old 05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie Marie (View Post)
hannah.lia your English is just fine and I like your post
Oh thank you. I know my limits, but thank you for your encouraging words.
It is very difficult to express my feelings in a language that is not my native. Actually, english is the third in order, so I think a lot of what I write.

I would like to write so many impressions, but it just can not adequately be summarized in another language. On the other hand, JR / PR pair is probably the only couple on television today, which makes me think even in English. I am totally obsessed with them. I do not know what the year will I do without them
Old 05-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Addicted Fan

New thread...

The Ewings {JR&PR} #13: bc "a Barnes and a Ewing in love sounds like a modern day Romeo & Juliet."