Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
What gets Mindy to the point of not looking for marriage anymore?

Mindy has [her son] Leo, and she realizes now, at least for the time being, that’s the person that she cares about the most. With Ben, they were into each other, but he wasn’t “The One.” I think she might have even known he wasn’t “The One” [for awhile], but the idea, the temptation of getting married was so great that she jumped into it with someone who maybe wasn’t the right person for her. No one was cheating on anyone or anything like that.

Mindy and Danny’s [Chris Messina] relationship has developed and changed so much over the last five seasons. How do you wrap something like that up?

Danny and Mindy’s relationship has evolved into one where they get along and they share this huge responsibility in taking care of Leo, but what I’ve been excited about when it comes to Danny and Mindy this season is seeing how far they’ve come. They were everything to each other, and then it all exploded. Now that the dust has settled, seeing where they’re at, it’s really interesting. Mindy and Danny are two people that are always somewhat in love with each other. They always will [be], whether they end up together or not. I think they might be “The One” for each other, which is why it’s exciting to see them interacting, though they’re not currently in a relationship.

So then is there a possibility of them getting back together?

Anything’s possible.

That’s not a no!

I know. Anything’s possible. I don’t have a preference either way, if they ended up together or didn’t. This season gives us this feeling of ease, of like, if they end up together, great because we’ve seen them together, but if they don’t end up together, we see how they are now, and that’s pretty good.
Ike Barinholtz Previews ‘The Mindy Project’s’ Final Season | Variety
AlwaysCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

x

season 4 finale | season 5 finale
Old 09-24-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the gifset!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So Danny is going through a divorce too. Interesting.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

All I'm asking for is a hopeful ending

x

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 09-27-2017 at 05:11 PM
Old 09-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, her smile at the end!
Old 10-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

When doofus met dummy - 1.14 // 6.04

This parallel
Old 10-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
And with five new episodes left in the series, Kaling is well aware that many fans still hope Mindy hasn't given up on marriage entirely—especially if it involves Danny now that Chris Messina has returned. Danny's absence last season was certainly felt, in large part because of his dynamic chemistry with Dr. Lahiri. "I didn't know Chris before we started the show," Kaling says. "I just met him once, and I had seen him in other things, but you have no idea if that’s going to translate into actual chemistry. I look at that movie, The Mexican, with Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt, who are two age-appropriate, good-looking movie stars, and in that movie anyway, the chemistry just didn’t translate on camera. You just can’t control it."

Kaling may not have expected fireworks between Doctors Lahiri and Castellano (or that they would have a child) in the very beginning, but she is happy the stars and planets aligned as they did. "Thirty percent of [the chemistry] is the work you put in as writers to make sure these are two kinds of characters that will be so different from each other, but will have some overlaps," she explains. "Like, they both enter a room thinking they have the solution to whatever problem is ahead. Another 30 percent is making sure you put them in interesting, sexy story lines. For instance, when when one of them needs something, the other one is the solution to it." Sometimes they're each other’s problems as well, she notes, but the secret is "really timing that out." And what about the last 40 percent of the equation? "It's what the actors bring," she says. "Chris is such a great actor. He loves women, he’s a great husband, and he loves female voices and to play this kind of part. And also, it’s just weird things in the ether you can’t quantify."

As for the final episode—and, more specifically, whether or not Danny and Mindy will end up together—Kaling is careful not to reveal too much. She does confirm that Messina is in it, but whether Dr. Castellano can redeem his season five behavior and come to his senses is still TBD. One thing's for certain: There will be romance, in some capacity. "I love TV series finales," Kaling says. "It's always the episode that everyone tunes in for, even if you've lost track of the show for a bit. I remember loving the Friends finale because I had stopped watching in college, but the dynamic of the cast was so amazing it was like I had never stopped watching. I don't know that I drew any direct inspiration from any single show for our finale, but I know [executive producer] Matt [Warburton] and I wanted people to watch it and feel closure, but in an unexpected way. We also wanted it to be incredibly cinematic and romantic. And funny, of course! Funny first, always."
https://www.glamour.com/story/mindy-...-series-finale
Old 10-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the gifset and the article!!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The Mindy Project - Episode 6.08 - 6.10 (Series Finale) - Promotional Photos & Press Release
Old 10-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

I haven't watched any this season. It was so painful after Danny left. Are there any this season that you would recommend? I am planning on watching the last three, for sure and I hope they don't let me down, again.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

It looks like 6x04 was a good one, I still have to catch up
Old 10-22-2017, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
It looks like 6x04 was a good one, I still have to catch up
Thanks, it was.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

No problem, glad you liked it. I'm waiting for the show to be over to see if it's worth it to catch up
Old 10-23-2017, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
No problem, glad you liked it. I'm waiting for the show to be over to see if it's worth it to catch up
I feel the same way. Although, I don’t think I will catch up. I’m just going to watch the Danny episodes. Even the others aren’t as entertaining as they once were. I also miss Peter and I’m just not crazy about the new ones. And I gave it plenty of time, to enjoy them.
Reply   Post New Thread