Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike: Suckfest #121

Don't bait, don't defend, don't bash actors or fanbases.

Have fun.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think all of my love for RK has faded over time (mostly due to the second season). Isn't the point of this season to find the stone of tears so that they can defeat the Wizard? You wouldn't know it from watching the show.

Every episode is a stupid detour where the gang adds more people to the Keeper's army AND where we hear about the tla that is Richard/Kahlan. I get it, they love each other. But don't they have quests and lives at stake? Shouldn't Kahlan be doing her job as the Mother Confessor? Shouldn't Richard have kept the magic that could have helped him on his quest instead of giving it to the enemy? Should they have paused their reunion to mourn Leo's death? He was right there! I could see his burnt body while they were too busy saying hello to each other. And Torn? All it did was reinforce the fact that they are as bad as the bad guys when it comes to their selfishness. Intent may not be there but the results are the same.

And honestly, they're a written as this BA bootleg with a crappy story. At least in the books, Kahlan still badass and she focuses on the mission, show Kahlan is pathetic (human Kahlan was like watching a dog beg for a bone).

Thank God for Cara and Craig's body or I'd have no reason to watch.
I pretty much agree. I used to love them in S1. LOVE them. But now all my love has faded. It's really sad because I do want to like them but I just can't at the moment. Like you said... the mission hasn't been front and center for a long time. Most of the episodes are just there to show RK's love for each other. And I don't think I should get started on Leo's death. It wouldn't be pretty. I don't get why Kahlan couldn't have gone off at the beginning of the season like she was supposed to. That was her job and look what happened because she didn't go. And I love that it's always "Oh Cara and Zedd can go find the stone of tears, I want to be with you Kahlan/Richard." No... it's Richard's job... he needs to go and to be honest it'd be easier and better for everyone if Kahlan wasn't there.

And yeah... they are definitely a BA knock-off. We all know I don't like BA but I can handle them because they were done right. They never let their love get in the way of their mission. That's why Angel left and they did their own thing. RK can't even do that.

And yes... without Cara and Craig's body I don't think I'd still be watching right now.

Quote:
I agree with Richard & Kahlan - I don't hate them (because I love them way too much) but I dislike how they are being handled in S2.
I wish we could go back to S1 sometimes to when they used to put the overall quest in front of their feelings, the show seems to be doing a U turn on lately. Also is it bad that I want this 'honeymoon' time to end pretty quick? the audience knows they love each other, they don't need to make out or talk about it EVERY episode. Please get back to the mission in hand. I know Torn was more of a filler episode since theres still half a season till the finale but I hope the next episodes are centered more around the journey and not R/K.
I didn't think I'd see you post in here. And as you can guess I agree. I just wish they would chill on the love. I know they love each other. I know they probably want to hold hands and kiss non stop but they're not 12. They're in their mid twenties and have really important jobs to do. The honeymoon period can come after they've found the SoT and defeated the Keeper. S1 had a great balance of showing the love RK had for each other and making sure the mission came first. I guess they don't think the Keeper is as important as Darken Rahl was. And I'm not sure the next episodes will be centered more around the mission. Tomorrow's looks like it'll be about Cara mostly and while I adore her and can't wait for another Cara centric episode it doesn't seem to have much about the SoT in it. And from the spoilers I've read I just don't know where they are going this season you know? It's been like one big giant filler episode with brief "We should go find the SoT" moments in there.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Just bringing over from the old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Will/Emma - Same as above. I don't care how unappealing or awful the show makes their other halves look, Will/Emma are nothing more then douches who excuse their inappropriate behaviour by acting morally superior then their partners, Emma especially with the way she treated Ken.
WORD. Emma, especially, irks me with her "Holier than thou" persona that she exudes around Ken. She is using him, plain and simple, since she's clearly very much into Will. And the fact that Will is not bothered by the fact that he's already emotionally cheating on his wife with Emma really bugs me. They both need to get off their moral high horses and see what selfish buggers they both are.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

I hate Will/Emma. Mostly Emma. God, she's selfish and despicable. The way she treated Ken was beyond cruel.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by How-very-girl629 (View Post)
I hate Will/Emma. Mostly Emma. God, she's selfish and despicable. The way she treated Ken was beyond cruel.
<--- That's all I have to say about Emma.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 02-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Chuck/Blair, still I can't like anything that Blair is attached to. It's an impossibility.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

My problem with Will/Emma is that I think they're going to get away with the emotional cheating because what Terri did is worse.
Still doesn't make what they did okay.

Jack/Kate/Sawyer: Can't believe that crapfest has been going on since I was 12 and it was already rather lame back then.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sawyer/Kate they suck big time. She never loved him and he clearly doesn't give a crap about her anymore. True love, my a$$

Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's all I have to say about Emma
She's so...forced. Why am I supposed to like her again? Because she's oh so cute, with her little quirks? Lameee. Or how about how she's a sad little puppy because she has a crush on a married man! Or how she treats a man who adores her.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

To me, Emma is sort of tolerable when she's focusing on her job or generally not anywhere near Will. But the moment both of them start talking to each other, the level of annoyance and dislike just increases ten-fold because they just come across as being so selfish.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Agreed. I hate Will less, but he's just as selfish. How can you care about a woman who treated Ken the way she did?

Angela; tumblr;
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Dean/Cas
Dean/Sam
Sam/Ruby

Sean/Emma
Craig/Manny
without you for as long as I have.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nate/Anyone - Gossip Girl - ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So much rage for him! So fail!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Jack/Kate. I don't think I've ever despised a couple as much as I do them. He always treated her like crap, and she only "wanted" to be with him because he was the "good guy". I hate that Kate's the inferior one in the relationship, they are clearly not equals nor have they ever been. It's more of a worship/superiority deal than anything else.

When they were on the island, nothing really happened between them. When they were off the island, they tried and it failed miserably. So, what's next? There's nothing left to say about the Jate storyline, and if the writers attempt to do that one more time (to please the fans or whatever) it will be pathetic and disgraceful to the show.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Lucas and Peyton

was holy ground
Closed Thread   Post New Thread