Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Do you not like Marco??
I'm neutral on him. also mia/jt, any random pairing, jt/liberty they got annoying, not a fan of liberty.
jay/alex
craig/ellie
craig/ashley
sean/emma season 6
Old 04-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★ darling, just hold on ★ (View Post)
I think they have a pretty unique friendship and ruining that for the sake of a romance just seems in bad taste. I have never found ANY of their scenes even remotely charged with that kind of chemistry.
Exactly!
Not to mention it will be a repeat of George Izzie.... which since I'm at it:

George/Izzie - UGH! Way to ruin an otherwise perfect relationship with romance drama.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

Meredith/Derek
George/Izzie

My two least favorite parts of Grey's Anatomy

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Steve/Sharon (Avengers)
Bruce/Natasha (Avengers)

Biggest suckfests ever!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 04-24-2018, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

sean/emma season 6. Peter/Emma I liked better than them.
damian/anyone
marco/anyone
jesse/paige
Old 04-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

jimmy/Ashley
spinner/jane after she cheated
Declan/jane
mia/sav
jay/many
marco/anyone
damian/anyone

and did I mention jay/many?

jesse/Caitlyn
jesse/paige
Old 04-25-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Days

Stefan/Abby

Chad/Abby 3.0

Eric/Jennifer

Rafe/Hope

It sucks Jack & Bo are dead.

Jack/Jennifer & Bo/Hope belong together.

Both are Classic Supercouples.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Hearts (View Post)
Steve/Sharon (Avengers)
Bruce/Natasha (Avengers)
Can't disagree with either of those.

I was relieved to hear no Sharon for Infinity War.

I'm all about Marvel currently with Infinity War coming, and having recently finished most of the Netflix shows, I have to add another pairing to my list:

Matt/Karen (Daredevil) - I know they're "comic accurate", and I actually do like both characters (I especially love Karen; she's my favorite of the main trio), but the set up for them really has turned me off.

First, the "superhero keeps his identity from the love interest and creates angst between them" is a trope I really, really hate. I can identify the time and place this became so hated by me: Smallville, around 2002, with Clana. That was strike one for the pairing for me. I also feel like he places Karen on a bit of pedestal and separates her in a way like he's looking at her as his salvation or "the good girl".

Strike two is in season two when it's clear Matt is still completely in love with Elektra, and how much being able to share his life as Daredevil with her matters. The way he shoves Karen aside and is ready to leave with Elektra, makes them not rootable for me.

Strike three is that while Matt was all about Elektra, Kastle with their fantastic chemistry and compelling and raw dynamic, became my Netflix OTP.

~Kat
Old 04-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Brian/Michael
Clarke/Lexa
Stiles/Lydia

My four most hated ships ever

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-25-2018, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)

I'm all about Marvel currently with Infinity War coming, and having recently finished most of the Netflix shows, I have to add another pairing to my list:

Matt/Karen (Daredevil) - I know they're "comic accurate", and I actually do like both characters (I especially love Karen; she's my favorite of the main trio), but the set up for them really has turned me off.

First, the "superhero keeps his identity from the love interest and creates angst between them" is a trope I really, really hate. I can identify the time and place this became so hated by me: Smallville, around 2002, with Clana. That was strike one for the pairing for me. I also feel like he places Karen on a bit of pedestal and separates her in a way like he's looking at her as his salvation or "the good girl".

Strike two is in season two when it's clear Matt is still completely in love with Elektra, and how much being able to share his life as Daredevil with her matters. The way he shoves Karen aside and is ready to leave with Elektra, makes them not rootable for me.

Strike three is that while Matt was all about Elektra, Kastle with their fantastic chemistry and compelling and raw dynamic, became my Netflix OTP.
YESSSSS!!!! Finally someone who has put out there the reasons I also have for not liking them.

Agree about the pedestal. I just literally absolutely can't stand that he treats Karen like she is a damsel as opposed to someone who can handle themselves but with Elektra he doesn't treat her that way.

Karen deserves an equal! Yes, like Frank.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so from degrassi:

damian/anyone
jay/manny
marco/anyone
jesse/caitlyn
spinner/manny
jt/liberty/mia
mia/sav

sean/emma season 6
craig/ellie
ashley/anyone
Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Summer/Zack

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
YESSSSS!!!! Finally someone who has put out there the reasons I also have for not liking them.

Agree about the pedestal. I just literally absolutely can't stand that he treats Karen like she is a damsel as opposed to someone who can handle themselves but with Elektra he doesn't treat her that way.

Karen deserves an equal! Yes, like Frank.

And the thing is, it's not even just Elektra with her training and capability - he didn't treat Claire like that, either, and she's more like Karen than Elektra. There's such a difference to me in how he treats Karen vs. the other women we've seen him interact with, and it never sat well with me.

Where as with Karen and Frank, they have an honesty about them that just instantly stuck out to me. With Frank, Karen comes across as an equal character. With Matt, she sometimes feels like the "love interest" (Defenders was especially guilty of this, IMO). Not a fan of that, especially when you add that there is such a sharp dynamic and chemistry between the former.

~Kat
Old 04-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)

And the thing is, it's not even just Elektra with her training and capability - he didn't treat Claire like that, either, and she's more like Karen than Elektra. There's such a difference to me in how he treats Karen vs. the other women we've seen him interact with, and it never sat well with me.

Where as with Karen and Frank, they have an honesty about them that just instantly stuck out to me. With Frank, Karen comes across as an equal character. With Matt, she sometimes feels like the "love interest" (Defenders was especially guilty of this, IMO). Not a fan of that, especially when you add that there is such a sharp dynamic and chemistry between the former.
Well put. I agree 110%!!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-27-2018, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Veruca/Oz
Kelly/Mark
Buffy/Spike
Sam/Pete
Emma/Brandon
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread