Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Couples You Dislike #213: These couples give love a VERY bad name.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Blair/Chuck
Blair/Dan
Blair/Nate

I find her ridiculous with any of them. I can't support her and her whiny ways when in a relationship.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This title reminds me of:

Damon/Elena
Spike/Buffy
Cordelia/Angel
Lucas/Peyton
Brooke/Julian
Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Same ole' same ole' for me

Damon/Elena
Damon Salvatore/Life
Tyler/Caroline

Jacob/Bella
Jacob/Renesmee
Jacob Black/Life

Danny/Mary
Brooke/Julian
Lucas/Peyton

All exceeds the ick factor So incredibly disturbing and gross!!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt Love the title.

Quote:
I find her ridiculous with any of them. I can't support her and her whiny ways when in a relationship.
Even though I'm just an ex-Blair hater, this is

Borrowing it as my argument against:
trudy/Martin
trudy/Bray
trudy/Jay

I don't even think that highly of Bray and Jay, yet I wouldn't wish this whiny Stepford-like creature on them even as a temporary punishment for being bland characters.

Quote:
I don't understand it as well. What kind of a contract did she sign with her publisher? And no matter how many rights her publisher might have, she still has her rights and no one can take them away from her. It is her characters and the books where published with her name on them. She needs a good layer to be honest. It is just plain wrong.
Word. Whatever the deal was, her story is her story.
Quote:
I accedently wrote "same" instead of the "opposite" But you got my thought correctly I tried to say that it worked for me with Sawyer and Spike, but never worked with Cook. Character like Sawyer managed to be so intriguing, because his strength was in his ability to prove the evolation, not a degradation. But for some reason some writers for some reasons find degradation something epically tragic and go over the top with it when writing their characters. And I end up being irretated by it and such characters very much in the end.
Nevermind, typos happen. Could never think you were saying that about Spike and Sawyer
And agreed on everything, especially the bolded part. Which makes me wanna bring up the parallel with Chuck again
Quote:
Hopefully you'll love them. There's a lot of dodgy writing in Skins - mainly from Gen 2, IMO Gens 1 and 3 are vastly superior - but also a lot of amazing writing. I think there are so many things in Skins that are amazing *coughcoupleinmysigcough*. But like any show, even when you have some amazing storyline, characters and couples, you can also have some that are... not so awesome
Hope so too. Substandard seasons or no substandard seasons, the show as a whole definitely seems appealing enough. For start, I'm pretty sure its tons better than any sugarcoated, dumb teen drama American mainstream produces and that is more than enough.
Quote:
Freddie/Life
Freddie/Death
Interesting.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nevermind, typos happen. Could never think you were saying that about Spike and Sawyer
And agreed on everything, especially the bolded part. Which makes me wanna bring up the parallel with Chuck again
Cook would never be Spike or Sawyer simply becasue he failed at every single attempt of being a strong, complex character. Those characters proved a growth while he, IMO, proved nothing but a degradation. That the writers obviously saw as "epic" and "tragic"

And YW This song is one of my favourites

As I always do in any new thread, dear couples, I thought of you when coming up with this title:

Jack/Kate two people that clearly admitted they don't even like each other (Kate: I liked the old you better. Jack: You didn't like the old me, Kate). A woman who clearly chose another man over Jack - chose in every single way, which included her willingly letting her relationship with Jack falling apart because of her loyalty to Sawyer and abandoning Jack to death/leaving him die alone with a dog and escaping the island with Sawyer. This couple fails at life in every single way. And it could only "work" in death and even there Kate was still flirting with Sawyer

Sawyer/Juliet could have worked quite well, where they written better. But what I saw on screen was a flashforward WTF and Sawyer wearing flassing and sniffing a flower. Then when Kate came back into his life, he was all about her again and Juliet, from a strong and independent woman that she used to be, turned into weak suicidal female that prefered to blow up some bleeding bomb, not being able to come to terms with the fact that "her" man will always be in love with another woman.

Stefan/Elena he slept with her without telling her she looked exactly like his ex, which is growth. They hold each other back. They suck the life out of each other.

Damon/Bonnie she hates him and he feels nothing but an apathy to her. He wouldn't care if she is died or lived if she wasn't so important for Elena. Bonnie never tried to figure Damon out or understand him or believe in him. Only people with a mutual respect or at least a connection can help each other change for the better. Bamon are awful as a potential romantic pairing and as a potential friendship.

Tyler/Caroline she knows his secret (pure accedent). Risks her life to help him through the transformation. He nearly gets her and her friends killed. Leaves the town, then comes back. She helps him again AND she is the one to ASK him to say thank you to her Epic couple on it's ridiculous best!

Matt/Caroline destroyed Matt's character and where completely wrong for each other as a couple, since they could never work.

Cook/Effy a womanizer who could have any girl he wanted suddenly decided that he "loves" a girl that fell for his best friend. Cook decided that he "loves" Effy after screwing her so much. Unconvincing, bad writing, lame. Betrays his friend time and time again and gets rejected by this girl again and again. From a free spirited womanizing player he turns into a whiny annoying posessive bastard and the crappiest friend for Freddie who did so much for him and was his only family. Ends up sayign that he would hurt his friend again only due to try it AND fail with a girl who doesn't even want him. Gets a well deserved brush off. Destroys his friendship with Freddie. I could never like this "pairing" even if I tried hard.

Thomas/Pandora epic endgame Skins couple. She cheated, he cheated, so what? The main things are that he now can run like a dog and she is a genius who is unable to tell the difference between Hamlet and HP. And they are going to Harvard together! Lisa and Merve chemistry proved that a couple doesn't even need a single proper on screen love scene to become an endgame on Skins. PS: that was a sarcasm.

Harry/Ginny she was his 10 years old fangirl, who had a childish crush on him because he was the boy who lived. He kept ignoring her for 6 years and hating his own fame and fangirls for 6 years. Then suddenly she calls her sister in law phlegm instead of Flear and he thinks it's funny. All the boys start drooling over her and Harry realizes he is in wuv. Less than 2 pages spent on the trainwreck of their "relationship" in both book 6-7 and in the epiloge they are married and have 3 kids. Oh, JKR, I love you, but this... just no.

Harry/Hermione when romance isn't there it isn't there. Especially when two people have years to figure out if they want to be a couple or not. This two NEVER wanted, thank Merlin.

Buffy/Angel a 200 years old vampire claimed to fall in love with a heart of a 15 years old girl when he saw her in a sexy t-shirt sucking a lollypop. However, as much as he loved her "heart", he left her not being able to have sex with her. Both turned their backs on each other when things got hard. Both where not there for each other through the darkest periodes of their lives. I believe that for mature and strong relationship you should see all the sides of the life of your loving one, bright and dark. However, Angel never chose to see it. All he was capable of loving was a lively school girl. He wasn't there through her depression nor was he there for her family and friends when she died. Her sister was basically left an orphan, shouldn't a loving man at least check up on a family of his deseased "love" from time to time? Angel never did it. He could only show up in the end of the series, play a jealus boyfriend card and care about Buffy dating or not dating Spike, instead of caring about his own son, whom he had just "fixed" by throat slitting and gave away forever. And was Buffy there when Angel's life was a misery? No. This is not a mature love and definitelly not anything eternal or long lasting.

Characters that should have never disgraced my screen:

Wesley/Life
Katie Fitch/Life
Jack Shephard post S3/Life
James Cook post S3/Life

You are epic fails, all of you. You fail at life.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Annnd this title reminds me so much of my most loathed "couple" ever.

Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper
Forced. Immature. Hero worshipping. And I honestly cant see ANY chemistry whatsoever between John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Honestly I cant see how they'd make a good couple at all. It just wouldnt work between them.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)
Annnd this title reminds me so much of my most loathed "couple" ever.

Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper
Forced. Immature. Hero worshipping. And I honestly cant see ANY chemistry whatsoever between John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Honestly I cant see how they'd make a good couple at all. It just wouldnt work between them.
I love that I reminded you of them, because I love your rants Even though I'm very sorry that the writers did what they did to your OTP And it clearly reminds me of MY most hated couple ever aka Wesley/Fred

Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I love that I reminded you of them, because I love your rants Even though I'm very sorry that the writers did what they did to your OTP And it clearly reminds me of MY most hated couple ever aka Wesley/Fred
Thank lord that Jack/Gwen arent actually together now (though I have a sickening feeling that they will be come series 4 without Ianto) but yeah, the writers killed off Ianto Jones in the third season.

And I LOVE that you hate Wesley/Fred. i was such a Gunn/Fred shipper but stupid writers ruined them and totally made Gunn OOC just to make Wesley/Fred happen. I just dont get it. At all.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thank lord that Jack/Gwen arent actually together now (though I have a sickening feeling that they will be come series 4 without Ianto) but yeah, the writers killed off Ianto Jones in the third season.

And I LOVE that you hate Wesley/Fred. i was such a Gunn/Fred shipper but stupid writers ruined them and totally made Gunn OOC just to make Wesley/Fred happen. I just dont get it. At all.
Aww, that is just horrible. It is so heartbreaking when someone from your OTP is getting killed off. And even more heartbreaking is when another, living part of the OTP later hookes up with a character you hated the most. But you should hope for good. Maybe "Gwack" or whatever it's called never happens officially

And I HATE Wesley/Fred and Wesley in general. I could never like his character on ATS. I didn't like him on BTVS as well to begin with, but on ATS he was the epitome of awful writing. But honestly, the fact that they happened makes sense to me (in a rather sad way, of course): Wesley on ATS was sold as a Gary Stue. And every Gary Stue should get his dream girl in the end Even if it means destroying the other relationship. Even if it means destroying Gunn's character. And it doesn't matter that Fred CHOSE Gunn over Wes and was in love with Gunn and not Wesley. The main thing is that the Gary Stue wants - the Gary Stue gets.

Wesley is another example of characters worshipped by writers. No matter what he does it is going to be sold as a right thing to do or the only possible option. Whatever he does wrong will be easily forgiven. When he effs up, it will be sold as a part of his epically tragic destiny. Basically, to me personally, Wesley was an ATS own Jack Shephard. Instead of treating a character equally to the others, the writers keep shoving him down our throats and despite the complete lack of growth, he is sold as the show's main hero This is all about writing tbh.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Aww, that is just horrible. It is so heartbreaking when someone from your OTP is getting killed off. And even more heartbreaking is when another, living part of the OTP later hookes up with a character you hated the most. But you should hope for good. Maybe "Gwack" or whatever it's called never happens officially

And I HATE Wesley/Fred and Wesley in general. I could never like his character on ATS. I didn't like him on BTVS as well to begin with, but on ATS he was the epitome of awful writing. But honestly, the fact that they happened makes sense to me (in a rather sad way, of course): Wesley on ATS was sold as a Gary Stue. And every Gary Stue should get his dream girl in the end Even if it means destroying the other relationship. Even if it means destroying Gunn's character. And it doesn't matter that Fred CHOSE Gunn over Wes and was in love with Gunn and not Wesley. The main thing is that the Gary Stue wants - the Gary Stue gets.

Wesley is another example of characters worshipped by writers. No matter what he does it is going to be sold as a right thing to do or the only possible option. Whatever he does wrong will be easily forgiven. When he effs up, it will be sold as a part of his epically tragic destiny. Basically, to me personally, Wesley was an ATS own Jack Shephard. Instead of treating a character equally to the others, the writers keep shoving him down our throats and despite the complete lack of growth, he is sold as the show's main hero This is all about writing tbh.
Not only was Ianto one half of my OTP but he was also my favorite character on that show (possibly my favorite character ever actually). And Jack cant die, so he'll never die on the show thankfully. (well he can die but in his own words it just doesnt stick.)

Ugh, yeah thats exactly Gwen in a nutshell. I still remember one scene where Fred was talking with Gunn and I think Gru, and Wesley stands to the side so only Fred was shown in sight while he was talking on the phone. AND HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT FRED'S BOYFRIEND TOO WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS BEST FRIEND. (I loved the Wes/Gunn friendship it was so unexpected, but it was destroyed because of Wesley's utter selfishness)

Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not only was Ianto one half of my OTP but he was also my favorite character on that show (possibly my favorite character ever actually). And Jack cant die, so he'll never die on the show thankfully. (well he can die but in his own words it just doesnt stick.)

Ugh, yeah thats exactly Gwen in a nutshell. I still remember one scene where Fred was talking with Gunn and I think Gru, and Wesley stands to the side so only Fred was shown in sight while he was talking on the phone. AND HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT FRED'S BOYFRIEND TOO WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS BEST FRIEND. (I loved the Wes/Gunn friendship it was so unexpected, but it was destroyed because of Wesley's utter selfishness)
I know how you feel. A lot of my favourite characters where killed off and my couples where destroyed as well. When I remember ATS, Doyle always comes to mind. He was my favourite Whedonverse guy after Spike. And the only one I could ever ship Cordy with. After he was killed off I could never like this show that much.

I never cared for Wesley, to be honest, he started annoying me when the writers made him a Gary Stue, but when the whole Wes/Fred thing happened I started loathing him They where so creepy. He was sort of a stalker for her and heck, Gunn was his friend, how on earch it was ok for Wesley to desire to be with Fred, who clearly chose Gunn over him?! Ugh. And of course we where supposed to buy Fred/Gunn as the "wrong" couple and an obstacle to Wesley/Fred And then of course Fred/Gunn are destroyed so Wesley can get his dream girl. I hate when the writers do it. If they want a certain couple to work, they should make it work without ruining other characters and relationships. And definitelly not worshipping some character and giving him everything he wants

Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Harry/Ginny
Buffy/Spike
Angel/Cordelia
Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Spike/Life
Wesley/Life
Freddie/Life
Dawn/Life
Faith/Life
Matty/Life
Boone/Life

Epic fail.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Couples that make me wanna shoot something:

Damon/Elena - I can't believe we're supposed to buy that Elena is going to develop feelings for this guy in season 3, though it says a lot that they could only write a ~believable DE SL with Stefan conveniently go bad... (Read: Lucas & Peyton - season 4)

Lucas/Peyton - This couple to me, embodies selfish love. They genuinely seem incapable of getting together or discovering their ~true~everlasting love for each other in morally right ways.

Chuck/Blair - Enough already !! If I still see Blair not being able to get over Chuck the Suck in season 5 I'm gonna throw something ! The whole appeal of CB back then was their will they-won't they factor. Because without their games and schemes, they've nothing going for them as a couple. And the first half of season 3 was proof enough for that.

icon:Ann
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

OOOH this title so remind me of

Grissom and Sara
along with
Will and Elizabeth
Ted and Zoey
Ted and Robin
Barney and Nora
Wen and Sydney
Charlie and Mo