Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Alfred totally ships them now.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sure, I will add that to the OP. If you can resize it, that would be nice. Do you know how to do thumbnail?

I noticed, way to go Alfred!
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

600x wide.

Not quite sure what you mean by thumbnail? If you want, I can make avatars of them.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Alfred totally ships them now.

I think that's a bit of an overstatement, but he's definitely warming up to the idea.

Bruce is starting highschool this season I believe... Wonder if they'll have him take her to any of his school dances...?
They have teenagers on this show afterall, they should tackle some typical tweeny-TV tropes....
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully she dances with him and not his evil twin.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Hopefully she dances with him and not his evil twin.
OOoooh! Twist! I actually like that idea...
Maybe they can do a little "Swan Lake" meta bit, where she's invited by Real!Bruce, and ends up spending a moment with Indian!Hill!Bruce and Real!Bruce watches on heartbroken...
Old 07-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Or maybe Selina knows Bruce well enough by now to notice the difference between him and someone who just looks like him.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Bruce is starting highschool this season I believe... Wonder if they'll have him take her to any of his school dances...?
He's going to preparatory school.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
He's going to preparatory school.
So? I'm pretty sure they have dances and such in prep schools too.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, sure, I was just pointing out that he's going to prep school so he's not starting high school this season. And we haven't seen anything from inside the school apart from that scene in season 1 where he got into a fight with Tommy Elliot (side note, he's still going to that same building in season 2,) plus we don't know any of his classmates, and getting to know them would take focus from what the show is really about. I can't see them taking time for that. I mean, we already did get a dance scene with Bruce and Selina and that was at a corporate event. I don't really think Bruce associates much with his fellow students.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, sure, I was just pointing out that he's going to prep school so he's not starting high school this season.
He's always gone to a prep school. That's got nothing to do with what I meant.
My point was (and perhaps I didn't convey that well in my previous post) that he's starting to hit those TV-conventional highschool years so the show might want to cash in on that on some level.

Quote:
And we haven't seen anything from inside the school apart from that scene in season 1 where he got into a fight with Tommy Elliot (side note, he's still going to that same building in season 2,) plus we don't know any of his classmates, and getting to know them would take focus from what the show is really about. I can't see them taking time for that. (...) I don't really think Bruce associates much with his fellow students.
A huge part of Bruce's persona is keeping up appearances. And Alfred would be one to push him to engage in more age appropriate activities that also reflect his lifestyle and status. Getting more invovled in school stuff and attenting school functions would be a good way to do that. It's true that we haven't seen a lot of that but that's kinda what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting or speculating they turn the show into a highscool tween drama. But showing some more of Bruce's school life could be interesting IMO.

Last edited by Folie; 07-15-2016 at 07:23 PM
Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
But showing some more of Bruce's school life could be interesting IMO.
I just think they won't have time for that. This isn't Smallville where nearly all of Clark's friends went to his high school. Selina doesn't go to school. Ivy doesn't go to school. Thomas Wayne Jr doesn't go to school. The Court of Owls don't go to school. There's nothing in Bruce's life on the show that's really centered around his regular school activities and he's not even the main character.

Another thing: Please stop calling these people "tweens." The way some people are referring to the younger cast of Gotham as such is derogatory and insulting. Don't encourage them. These people aren't nine, ten, eleven or twelve years old. David is fifteen and Camren is seventeen. Even Clare is only six months younger than David. They're no pre-teens. Amusingly, some utter moron reviewer even tried to get away with calling Firefly a tween. I mean, the actress is only 23 years old...

Last edited by Telepath; 07-15-2016 at 11:22 PM Reason: ETA
Telepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys, let's try to get along on here. I know how sometimes when people word out things it doesn't come out right or sound right to others. Hopefully you both came to an understanding of each other.

A thumbnail is a small representation of a picture on a web page, usually containing a hyperlink to a full-size version of the graphic. I will just add what you did now with your icons. I updated the OP as well and changed the title to thread #3 so to merge it with Gotham Board had it.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wasn't meaning to sound combative. This is a shipper thread, so I mean we have that in common. I just think for stated reasons it is unlikely we'll get a lot of "school scenes" unless they're martial arts schools...

Thanks for updating the thread
Old 07-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Very cute OP!
*Felicity*
LostShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread