Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aurora&Hook {Sleeping Mates} #5: He didn't want her to lose her heart... unless it's over him.

x

theshipper;
001. KeepThisaSecret
002. Static Waves
003. .: DoDs :.
004. MexieFan
005. WonderlandGabby
006. GrangerDanger
007. Jakls
008. AmayaS25
009. ring of fire
010. JRBudgrl8
011. Advo
012. find something real
013. science girlfriend
014. dixieland_dreamer
015. ILoveOTH23
016. Regulus-Fan
017. LilMouse
018. kristy_spb
019. Albion1919
(ask to be added...)

xXx

x

fanfiction
the consequences of flight | consort | the sea is by nature traitorous
fish and other dead things | the violence in your heart | a princess no more
the black harpy | straight on 'til morning | the definition of you and me
mamihlapinatapai | pas de deux

futuretitles
- What if he's telling the truth?
- Because she's the one who pays the most attention to him.
- Because they have way more in common than you may think.
- Because they have both loved and lost.
- Because she gave him the benefit of the doubt.
- Because they have the potential to be so much more than just a love story.
- Because she wanted to sacrifice herself, and take on the giant with him.
- Because Hook pulled a Matrix-move to save her heart

previousthreads
001 | 002 | 003 | 004 | 005
006 | 007 | 008 | 009 | 010

Last edited by KeepThisaSecret; 12-08-2012 at 02:12 PM
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!

Bringing this over from the old thread:

I don't think the writers had the intention of giving us Sleeping Hook. I don't know why though, seeing as Sarah and Colin light up the screen together. It would've been a more prudent choice than Captain Swan.

I think also too that the writers should've drew out the FTL stuff more. To resolve it in 9 episodes was a bit anti-climatic. I would've much preferred if Emma and Mary Margaret didn't make it back to SB until the season finale.

But that's just me.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YES new thread I'm happy we were given something postive to end the first half of the season and hopefully it will get us through Aurora's absence,

If I had been writing the show, Aurora and Hook would've been stuck in FTL all by themselves.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Aurora and Hook would've been stuck in FTL all by themselves.
YES!
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT!

I squeed when he caught her heart. I wonder if he had the intention of giving it back at some point? Also him brushing his "soft side" for Aurora aside because it was not a "fair fight" was rubbish and doesn't make much sense.

He likes her, just admit it Hook! :p
Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
YES!
and then the show would've been put on HBO

Quote:
He likes her, just admit it Hook!
I like thinking that Aurora was his favorite of the 4, and he found her to be the sweetest.

Quote:
Also him brushing his "soft side" for Aurora aside because it was not a "fair fight" was rubbish and doesn't make much sense.
I still don't get what was meant by the fair fight thing.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He does like her. I think that's a big part of why he tries to stay away from her so much. He kind of focused in on Emma because she seemed like an easy target, but ultimately he knew nothing would come of their flirtation. With Aurora it could be something more. She might make him feel something. I believe that's why he was a little harsh with her in the cave. He didn't want to be nice to her because he did just steal her heart, and he probably felt bad about it. When he lunged back to save her heart he could have easily fallen in that sink hole, but he risked it. He couldn't let her go on with out it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He does like her. I think that's a big part of why he tries to stay away from her so much. He kind of focused in on Emma because she seemed like an easy target, but ultimately he knew nothing would come of their flirtation. With Aurora it could be something more. She might make him feel something. I believe that's why he was a little harsh with her in the cave. He didn't want to be nice to her because he did just steal her heart, and he probably felt bad about it. When he lunged back to save her heart he could have easily fallen in that sink hole, but he risked it. He couldn't let her go on with out it.
This is so perfect I want to frame it. The others are easy to get a desired reaction out of: anger.
But I think Aurora is more of an enigma who won't simply be angry at him, but end up making him feel something.

If Hook didn't set Aurora free, if he didn't take her heart, what do you think Cora would've done with her? Do you think his horrible horrible scum action of taking her heart actually was the lesser of two evils and kept her alive in the end?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

I like to think Hook did have or rather does have a soft spot for Aurora. She was the only person who was willing to to trust that he may have been telling the truth and she was ready to risk her life going up the Beanstalk with him just so that the others could go on.

I think Hook took notice of all that.

She was an innocent and even though I'm sure he'd rationalize trying to steal her heart as a necessary evil but I do think he always had the intention of making sure she got it back.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I see Hook as a guy who will do anything to get his revenge, but won't kill or hurt someone unless it's *absolutely* necessary (in fact, isn't that how a lot of countries and governments work?). If he sees an opening to "set something right" he'll do it (giving Aurora her heart back). Not that this makes his actions of assaulting Belle or anything else he's ever done better, he's still a bad guy, but not evil in the sense of Rumpel & Cora are.
-----SleepyHollow

Last edited by Concordia; 12-03-2012 at 12:27 PM
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ This is exactly how I feel.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
She was the only person who was willing to to trust that he may have been telling the truth
That's why when he took her heart I was like REALLY! REALLY! She was the only one to give him the benefit of the doubt, and even after they found out his real identity is probably the only one who'd help him if say they got attacked by Ogres, and then he takes her heart. But I don't think he'd let harm come to her again. I can probably see him helping her out with things if she made it to SB.

Totally agree Concordia
Still not a fan of him slapping Belle, but Rumpel/Regina got more kicks out of hurting people than Hook did.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT! It's funny how Hook gives us a new title every time we need a new thread

Quote:
In my mind, the writers are taking note of all the Sleeping Mate shippers they never intended to create (and how could they not know HA would be shipped with Sarah & Colin playing the parts?) and are waiting to get done with their original story plan before putting HA together.
That's also what I'm hoping for

Quote:
I think also too that the writers should've drew out the FTL stuff more. To resolve it in 9 episodes was a bit anti-climatic. I would've much preferred if Emma and Mary Margaret didn't make it back to SB until the season finale.
I would not have minded that at all, and I wanted all four women to go on adventures together which revolved around more than just getting back to Storybrooke, and something a bit more complicated than what we got. Could have seen a lot more individual character development, in addition to seeing the "Disney Princesses" work together. I've always thought it could be interesting with cross-over fairytales so it was really a missed opportunity IMO. Though I know, people were anxious to see the Charmings reunited.

Quote:
If I had been writing the show, Aurora and Hook would've been stuck in FTL all by themselves.
Haha, and then sexy!times.

Quote:
I still don't get what was meant by the fair fight thing.
I'm not sure either because there was nothing unfair about his fight with Emma for one, second, there couldn't have been an even more unfair "fight" when he hit Belle so it was complete nonsense. IMO, he just wanted to cover for the fact that he risked losing the fight for Aurora's heart

Quote:
If Hook didn't set Aurora free, if he didn't take her heart, what do you think Cora would've done with her? Do you think his horrible horrible scum action of taking her heart actually was the lesser of two evils and kept her alive in the end?
Quite possibly actually. Because while Cora thought Emma/Snow would exchange the compass, Hook knows better because Emma abandoned him just to be on the safe side. However, it still doesn't excuse his actions of course.

Quote:
I see Hook as a guy who will do anything to get his revenge, but won't kill or hurt someone unless it's *absolutely* necessary (in fact, isn't that how a lot of countries and governments work?). If he sees an opening to "set something right" he'll do it (giving Aurora her heart back). Not that this makes his actions of assaulting Belle or anything else he's ever done better, he's still a bad guy, but not evil in the sense of Rumpel & Cora are.
I agree. But I do think it goes beyond just wanting to right a wrong. As it has been pointed out previously, for him to have noticed the moment her heart was on danger, he must have had it on his mind the whole time. So I think he definitely always planned on giving it back, and I definitely think there is some subtext there for him to be willing to risk everything to save her heart. We saw how he treated Belle - who was "useless" to him. Aurora was essentially also useless to him at that point... so why risk everything he had worked so hard for (and his own life) to save the heart? Because she means something to him. I don't see how it can be read any other way.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Josie

Also loved that Matrix move and thought we could make another title out of it:

Because Hook pulled a Matrix-move to save her heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I would be your biggest fan Victoria
Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow, this is obnoxious
Closed Thread   Post New Thread