Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
Chuck/Blair - Messed up ship from the beginning, but these two characters reveled in being messed up so I didn't see a problem with it. They'd either be, I figured, a wonderful pair of evil hilarious bitches that took down anyone in their path or they'd evolve together and make a great couple. Except what they did was spend several years having Chuck dump massive amounts of crap on Blair who just took it and forgave him and went back to him. They took awesome Blair and tried to turn her into the sort of girl that marries her abuser No thank you. I'm always embarrassed to admit I ever shipped them. But I still think they had a ton of potential to be an unrivaled couple, the sort that couples from more respected genres could only hope to be.
THIS. After investing so much in CB I really tried to hold onto them after S3, for a little while, but now I don't even feel bad for giving them up. They really could've been something amazing. Yes they were always dysfunctional but the potential was there for it to actually be a good thing, that they could find a balance in each other. But it's a real problem when the hotel thing, horrific in itself, went on to not even be the worst thing he did to her. And it took 2 seasons before Chuck even showed any kind of half-assed remorse for anything. Just too little too late IMO. And Blair goes from being strong, ambitious, hilariously bitchy and awesome to weak and pathetic around Chuck, who she just lets treat her like property and is powerless to break free of the hold he has on her. At least a little bit it makes me think of Stockholm Syndrome. But whatever happens now I can never be behind this couple again.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Naomi/Emily and the saddest thing is that I can't say I'm even that surprized, Skins are known for pulling off contrived random nonsensical so-called dramas believing they provide an edgy, enjoyable material. Still, doesn't take away the fact that it's incredibly sad for this pairing with such great potential to be wasted like that and to become a part of everything that sucked about Skins (and honestly, this show and it's storylines pretty much generally sucked, with few exceptions).

Naomi/Cook not that I ever supported the idea of them romantically because as much as I enjoyed their friendship in season 4 I knew that writers already set up Naomily as endgame and that it was Emily that Naomi loved and the last thing Cook needed was to be number two for someone again (the perspective of having another innocent by passer being beaten up to hell didn't seem appealing to me), but still Naomi had so much potential to help Cook grow and evolve and honestly my favourite Cook scenes happened when he was around her. Friendship or more, I wanted these two to get something. Unfortunatelly Jaime Brittain and his sucky writing came into picture and made it clear that Cook will always obsessed with Effy and will never grow individually or even DO something outside of the triangle of doom, no, he would keep degrading because the triangle had to go on and represent JB's Marty Sue-ish alter ego. I swear had someone else been in charge of the show, Cook and Naomi friendship wouldn't have been so abandoned and ended up being so irrelevent to both characters' progress.

Big/Carrie perfectly represents all the types of couples that I loved when was younger but don't quite buy into now. Meant to be, angst stands in a way, two people love each other madly to the point where a man would cheat on his wife with his supposed soulmate, more angst to come, they date other people, they still love each other, they realize that they have to be together no matter what because their match was made in heaven and because they just cannot live without each other - all of it can workwell and be convincingly pulled off, but not when writers put more effort into showing why two people don't work as a couple than why they work. How many times they proved that they were happier apart than together? That Big was happier and in fact better suited with his wife? That Carrie was happier with Alex who made her feel needed and wanted, who asked her to go with him to Paris and stay there - and she did! Yet of course it had to be Carrie/Big even at the expence of Alex' character who had to be ruined in one single episode so CB could get their cheesy, unrealistic and contrived happy ending. Alex asked Carrie to move to Paris with him, he was willing to share his life with her, to live his life with her and yet Big couldn't even tell her she was the one. Finally when he did it in the end - it honestly seemed like an old ex lover fixing a certain mistake from past, not like an epic endgame they were sold out to be.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mary Margaret/David in the SB world I still like Charming and Snow white, but the two of them are not like their fairytale chaaracters at least not David. MM does still have some feelings of quilt and shame
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

Kara/Leoben - This is actually a happily-abandoning-the-ship scenario It showed that the writers really knew what they were doing that they didn't pursue this, that character development came first. Kara and Leoben had amazing chemistry and a ****ed-up dynamic right from the start. But after 2 seasons of head games the writers knew that pursuing them would make Kara even more nuts than she already was so they didn't And it left Kara/Leoben one of the best and most intriguing relationships from BSG.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:55 AM
New Fan

Chuck/Blair
Clark/Lana

I've certainly changed my mind about how much I like a ship before, or switched teams, or just lost interest, but only twice have I had a dramatic turn around to the point where I couldn't stand a couple I previously loved, and it's those two. Both are cases of couples with great chemistry that got bogged down with all the drama and the crap they piled on each other, who would trust almost anybody else in their lives before they'd trust each other, and who become not only not fun to watch, but so actively depressing that I couldn't even stand to watch their scenes anymore. It takes a lot for me to feel that way about I couple I used to like, but darn if Smallville and Gossip Girl didn't make it happen. Smallville at least had the excuse that Clana was never supposed to end up together; some of their awful choices could be attributed to the fact that they needed the audience to want Clark to end up with Lois instead - which I did, so that worked. But I have no idea what the Gossip Girl writers were thinking.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Dean/Castiel Like honestly I came into Supernatural thinking that I would 100% love them because I'm a slashacholic. I do love their scenes but I dont see any form of attraction in them. Maybe thats just me or maybe its the Dean/Jo shipper in me, who knows, but I cant seem to ship them together anymore. I enjoy their scenes but Cas doesnt have any emotions. So maybe thats why it doesnt work for me romantically.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM
New Fan

Jacob/Bella - I used to love them in the books, but the movie JB did nothing for me. I ended up becoming an EB supporter because of the movies

Brooke/Lucas - Sophia and Chad's attitudes and how unprofessional they acted turned me off BL big time
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Damon/Elena I loved them in season 1 and even in early season 2, but around mid-s2 I lost interest. The chemistry really sizzled out for me. They had SO much chemistry in s1 and suddenly I wasn't feeling it anymore. Also, I just don't buy Elena's feelings, so contrived, and don't remind me of the millions of things she must have forgiven him for off screen. What is this. Started watching season 3 and they felt oh so contrived and I was actually bored by their scenes, kind of the same scene few scenes over and over. But yeah. They definitely lost a lot of what they used to be sometime during season 2. I actually quit the whole show around 3x07 or so. Not even worth watching for me anymore.

Jim/Pam Not exactly abandoning them, but now they're just there to me, I don't really fervently ship them like I used to.

Dawson/Joey Lovvvved them in season 1. But when they got together all of the chemistry kind of evaporated for me, disappointing. I do like their scene in the s4 finale though.

Betty/Henry I always shipped DB as my OTP but I really enjoyed BH in s1, they were really cute and then s2..eh the whole Charlie drama kind of sucked the life out of them and then by the time he came back in s3 and 4 I was like "No go away Henry there's one episode left and she needs to get with Daniel"

Me/Getting an A in APUSH Hahahah wishful thinking that's not gonna happen, I'm lucky if I can scrape a B.

And I don't even know if I ship anyone in 90210 anymore, they have new relationships like every episode what is this. I loved Silver/Dixon in s1 but I doubt they'll ever make a come back.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Xander/Willow- As first I thought it was cute how she had a crush on him but he didnt see her that way. But once Oz came into the picture, I was like "Xander who"
My LJ
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damon/Elena I loved them in season 1 and even in early season 2, but around mid-s2 I lost interest. The chemistry really sizzled out for me. They had SO much chemistry in s1 and suddenly I wasn't feeling it anymore. Also, I just don't buy Elena's feelings, so contrived, and don't remind me of the millions of things she must have forgiven him for off screen. What is this. Started watching season 3 and they felt oh so contrived and I was actually bored by their scenes, kind of the same scene few scenes over and over. But yeah. They definitely lost a lot of what they used to be sometime during season 2. I actually quit the whole show around 3x07 or so. Not even worth watching for me anymore.
I feel the same I'm still trying to hold on to them though. I wouldn't say their scenes bore, I'm still interested in their story, I'm just not passionate about them anymore. And that's a shame because I used to be so in love with them. It just feels contrived.

Also gotta add,

Chuck/Blair - there isn't anything to add really. This couple was spectacular and could have been amazing for years and years, but unfortunately they are ruined beyond repair. Almost to the point where I can't go back and watch old scenes without feeling a bit of disgust for them. It's unfortunate because the limo scene is THE classic GG scene, and I fell for CB so hard....but, oh well. I don't regret my decision at all. And I always wanted DB, so it works out.

Lucas/Peyton - used to love them more than anything, but as I got older I realized I had a lot of problems with their relationship, and the way they were written. I still appreciate them and their story, but I just don't love them anymore.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Betty/Henry I always shipped DB as my OTP but I really enjoyed BH in s1, they were really cute and then s2..eh the whole Charlie drama kind of sucked the life out of them and then by the time he came back in s3 and 4 I was like "No go away Henry there's one episode left and she needs to get with Daniel"
While I was never a Betty/Henry fan and always shipped Daniel/Betty, but I agree that they had potential in the beginning and were sort of cute. But once the Charlie drama started I just couldn't get on board with them anymore, especially after Henry left with Charlie and then came back. All the break ups and hook ups of these two started getting really old and unpretty, not doing anything for the story or character development.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Brooke/Lucas - I thought Brooke deserved better.
Nathan/Haley - Too much drama and they got boring fast.
Matt/Caroline - He turned into this insensitive prick around Caroline and frankly speaking, if he can't accept who she is as a vampire, then they really don't fit together at all.
Xander/Cordelia - Gosh they were so much fun together with their banter and then the writers had to go turn Xander into this cheating bastard and that even caused Cordy to be not just emotionally but physically hurt too in the process.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Xander/Cordelia - Gosh they were so much fun together with their banter and then the writers had to go turn Xander into this cheating bastard and that even caused Cordy to be not just emotionally but physically hurt too in the process.
So much this. As opposed I could be to a "loser + queen bee" stereotype I actually found some of Xander/Cordy moments to be enjoyable, but quite fast their relationship becamse awkward and even painful to watch for me. Not only it seemed like an experiement for both of them with them never really growing to respect each other's personalities but simply ~ getting over the annoyance they had with each other because they were attracted to one another, but also Xander's behaviour was completely uncalled for when it comes to the cheating thing. After that and after, like you said, Cordy was damaged both emotionally and physically by his jerkiness, I just couldn't bring myself to like or even tolerate this couple anymore.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon/Elena

Everything about their SL was ruined from the start of Season 2. When Damon killed Jeremy. We barely saw any guilt from Damon and Elena may have said she hated him but we really didn't see much of that. It was swept under the rug like nothing happened. The writers even admitted it was just for shock effect. If they were gonna do that SL then Damon's redemption after should have been the plan. We should have saw him horrified with himself and want to be more than a monster. I tried to blame the writers for all the bad things that he was doing but I got to the point where I couldn't anymore. They just kept having him do these horrible things for shock effect. Elena looks like an idiot for not caring what he does.

Elena likes him just the way he is. I thought she had to be just saying that since she thought he was gonna die but no I was wrong. Damon is way past redemption now. He even told Elena he was a monster and wasn't gonna change. She says well don't be one. Then really just accepts it. The Elena I knew especially Season 1 wouldn't do that. That scene really did it for me. I realized that there really was no hope that he would change. I think that's the moment I stopped shipping them. I can't ship Elena with the Damon he is now.

I don't understand how Elena could want to be with Damon after everything he has done to her and the ones she loves. We see no remorse from him. He said he felt guilty but when have we seen it? All we have seen is Damon hitting on her constantly since Stefan has been gone. Damon had just admitted that Stefan had saved him again. He still kisses her.

If they would had redemption SL. Which is what I expected then I could have really loved them together. I mean I ship Spuffy. I'm So sick of them being compared to DE. Spike was redeemed. Damon doesn't care even though he killed Jeremy or about any of the other bad things he has done. He still says he wants to be a monster. Elena barely put up a fight about it.

It makes me wanna cry because they could have been So amazing together but the SL doesn't work for me.

They have amazing chemistry and are good actors but the writing makes me not be able to ship DE.

I have to have more than chemistry to ship a couple.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Dawson/Joey Lovvvved them in season 1. But when they got together all of the chemistry kind of evaporated for me, disappointing. I do like their scene in the s4 finale though.
Same here. Plus for me once PJo entered the picture there was no going back.