Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CowLip always said that but I don't believe them post series
Old 08-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yes we them all and the more often you watch, the more you learn to kno them and the more you have to love them

icon by Daggi
Old 08-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
CowLip always said that but I don't believe them post series
I know it's not canon, but it's still fun. So much is possible in fanfictions.

It doesn't change the great ending of the show. I'm still sad about the ending and I always will be. But it was still great!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 08-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I know it's not canon, but it's still fun. So much is possible in fanfictions.

It doesn't change the great ending of the show. I'm still sad about the ending and I always will be. But it was still great!
I completly agree

icon by Daggi
Old 08-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the ending leaned more towards a reunion than a break up. I don't think that's what they were getting at, at all!

Old 08-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can never see the ending as "great" .. Brian made such an incredible journey through the seasons and this is the slap in the face that he gets. Honestly, I'll never forgive the writers for doing this to him.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish it ended differently too .

But I don't want to feel sad so I have to find the good and know that they are together even if the show ended with Justin leaving to NY. They are still together, Brian kept the rings.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not going to say I hated the ending, but I'd be lying if I said I was happy about it. In fact, S5 for me was pretty hard to watch…at least where Brian was concerned. I wasn't too happy with Justin either. In fact, Justin made me angry quite a bit in S5.

I'm really happy for those who think the ending is satisfying. I personally will never see it that way. I know of fans personally who think the series could have ended on the S3 finale…the one with the most hope and promise for the future.

I would have loved to see the series go on, but the actors were tired and needed to move on at the time.

On the other hand, in all the fics I read, they always end up together. So that makes me happy.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I'm not really thrilled by it, but I'd rather try to focus on the happy points if you know what I mean

Rather then think I fell in love with a show just to spend time dwelling on the ending and being unhappy

I choose to believe they are still together, because IMO they are and I see that as Canon on the tv show.

Had to move this out of the couple thread due to spoilers -

Quote:
Quote:
I can NEVER understand that but if you're happy that they're apart and Brian's alone again after his ah~mazing journey then as I always say, chacun á son gout!
I'm not happy that they are apart at the end. But there are other great things about the end I really appreciate.

Brian dancing in the club with Michael and alone is significant to me. Like I said Babylon is part of him, part of his soul will always remain there even after hes gone. He lives for it, it makes him feel alive and young. Like Michael said he'll always be young and he'll always be beautiful. He's Brian Kinney for sake!

In the last episode we see flashbacks of Michael and Brian going out to the club, it's who they are and they have a lifetime of history there. I loved it because he's being True to himself.

So much of his life is in Babylon, it's where he met Justin and where they also have memories.

I'll always be sad Justin went off to NY and Brian stayed, but I don't think that means they aren't together. They are "it" for each other and that's never going to change, no amount of distance or time could change how they feel.

There is also the fact that Brian loves Justin enough to do anything for him, including letting him go to NY and pursue something amazing in his life even when it means they are having to spend time apart for now...

Last edited by falling slowly; 08-21-2015 at 07:19 AM
Old 08-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not really thrilled by it, but I'd rather try to focus on the happy points if you know what I mean

Rather then think I fell in love with a show just to spend time dwelling on the ending and being unhappy

I choose to believe they are still together, because IMO they are and I see that as Canon on the tv show.

Had to move this out of the couple thread due to spoilers -
ITA!

Thanks for moving the post!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
ITA!

Thanks for moving the post!
I didn't think spoilers were a problem in the couples threads? Otherwise we'd never be able to talk about anything?
Old 08-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Me, too!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My problem with the ending isn't whether they are still together now .. of course they are .. it's the ending .. just that .. not post 513 .. just 513.

To leave Brian completely alone again after the huge impact Justin has had on his life is just so wrong. That final scene .. Mikey and Ben, Ted and Blake, Em and Calvin .. and Brian up there all alone probably with only the image of Justin .... no, no, no!

He's no longer the "over the hill club boy" that Mikey predicted .. he's a man who is so deeply in love with Justin that it's insane.

I said this recently to a newbie who thought we thought they broke up! No, we know they didn't break up .. they love each other ..
Old 08-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

To leave Brian completely alone again after the huge impact Justin has had on his life is just so wrong. That final scene .. Mikey and Ben, Ted and Blake, Em and Calvin .. and Brian up there all alone probably with only the image of Justin .... no, no, no!

He's no longer the "over the hill club boy" that Mikey predicted .. he's a man who is so deeply in love with Justin that it's insane.
On one hand, I see where you are coming from and understand the disappointment. On the other hand, it's nice to see him dancing independently (not alone, per se). Brian will be okay on his own, he didn't have to compromise his values and he belongs in Babylon... it's part of who he is. It's Brian's true self. No apologies. No regrets.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
On one hand, I see where you are coming from and understand the disappointment. On the other hand, it's nice to see him dancing independently (not alone, per se). Brian will be okay on his own, he didn't have to compromise his values and he belongs in Babylon... it's part of who he is. It's Brian's true self. No apologies. No regrets.
I agree. Babylon is part of who he is!

However, I don't think it would be a compromise for Brian to eventually marry Justin. Brian wouldn't do or say something he didn't want or mean. He proposed because he meant it, he kept the rings because he wanted too.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread