Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2018, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Alpha-male stuff is not my favorite, but I made an exception with Kage. I liked that there was always some resolution before things got too far out of control.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Alpha-male stuff is not my favorite, but I made an exception with Kage. I liked that there was always some resolution before things got too far out of control.
Yeah maybe he's too Alpha - I don't know - i feel the sex is a little rough and not so loving most of the time and suddenly this guy (Jamie) has never had gay sex but suddenly wants it and loves it rough and wild and hard?

Then I don't feel like they have talked much - I like my characters too talk and these two don't always feel like they do and get to know each other. (I feel like this did get better at the end of book 2 and in book 3)

And, the writing - oh man - I don't know who edited these books but the mistakes! It's grammar but also the story itself - there is so many mistakes ! It drives me insane!

Having said all that - there is something I like about it too so I will keep reading it - I don't know why but yeah there is something that I still like

Edited to add that I have now finished the first 3 books There was some sad moments in book 3 and some more typos and I wasn't sure about the ending and Jamie but overall I did like it and I'll probably read Santori?

Last edited by fmaldy24; 04-09-2018 at 08:59 AM
Old 04-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You are right that there aren't very muh loving sex scenes in it.. Kage had to be the tough fighter all the time.. he could have had a soft side too..

honestly.. I have noticed some mistakes too, but I guess I'm not so picky after reading so manyy fanfics

icon by Daggi
Old 04-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
You are right that there aren't very muh loving sex scenes in it.. Kage had to be the tough fighter all the time.. he could have had a soft side too..

honestly.. I have noticed some mistakes too, but I guess I'm not so picky after reading so manyy fanfics
Have you read Santori? Does it get better with the love scenes and the mistakes? Seriously the mistakes get to me so much - I guess I just expect better from books that are 'published' where as fan fiction is not so much as writers not 'publishing' it with a company as much. Does that make sense?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm halfway through, but as I said, I barley noticed the mistakes in the other books.. so I don't know if they got better..maybe that is, because english isn't my first language..

icon by Daggi
Old 04-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I'm halfway through, but as I said, I barley noticed the mistakes in the other books.. so I don't know if they got better..maybe that is, because english isn't my first language..
It could be that I am very picky too

I'm not sure about Santori - you'll have to tell me what you think
Old 04-10-2018, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
It could be that I am very picky too

I'm not sure about Santori - you'll have to tell me what you think
it fills a bit of the gap in the last chapter of the 3rd book and goes on from there

icon by Daggi
Old 04-10-2018, 03:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
it fills a bit of the gap in the last chapter of the 3rd book and goes on from there
I've read on the reviews that the ending is different though so not sure I am interested or not in reading it
Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Santori also ends on a cliffhanger. It's not as good as Kage 2 and 3, but I guess it's setting itself up for the next one.

I'm still listening to Us. I am really enjoying Jamie and Ryan...or...Um...Wes and Canning. Why do they insist on using last names as first.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Santori also ends on a cliffhanger. It's not as good as Kage 2 and 3, but I guess it's setting itself up for the next one.

I'm still listening to Us. I am really enjoying Jamie and Ryan...or...Um...Wes and Canning. Why do they insist on using last names as first.

But Santori goes into a different story right? It doesn't stay with Kage and Jamie?

I like Jamie and Ryan as well They're great and I have no idea why boys insist on last names instead of first names usually
Old 04-10-2018, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
But Santori goes into a different story right? It doesn't stay with Kage and Jamie?

I like Jamie and Ryan as well They're great and I have no idea why boys insist on last names instead of first names usually
I'm 60% in Santori, and it still is on Jamie and Kage.. it is a lot about business at the moment, but I don't see anybody else coming into the scene at the moment.. at least not as a couple

icon by Daggi
Old 04-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Santori is still Jamie and Kage.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

The start of the book is Jamie and Kage I read on the forum but they said the ending was based on a different character?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
The start of the book is Jamie and Kage I read on the forum but they said the ending was based on a different character?
it has flashbacks to Peter in the middle, but it ends with Jamie and Kage again.. I already got me the follow up, but I couldn't wait any longer and had to start with Logan and Tate already in book two here

icon by Daggi
Old 04-19-2018, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
it has flashbacks to Peter in the middle, but it ends with Jamie and Kage again.. I already got me the follow up, but I couldn't wait any longer and had to start with Logan and Tate already in book two here
Well maybe I'll have to read it then and see - did you like it?

What are you thinking of Logan and Tate? Book two already? You're reading them so fast

I've been looking for something new at the moment - some things just haven't been grabbing me lately so I don't know ?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread