Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

ITA. I just don't like him as a person. He might be totally awesome in rl of course - that is something I don't know and probably never will but the person he pretends to be when he writes is definitely not likeable in my eyes. I admit he's an intelligent man - that is sure, but if this intelligence is used to show how all other people are stupid and you're smart, it's hardly a quality. Now of course I tend to dislike him more b/c I admit having fangirlish tendencies when it comes to Randy and Gale and b/c in comparison with Gale's physic Simon is definitely not a handsome pal but that's not the main reason at all. Now like I said it's Randy's choice and if he's happy then I'm happy for him. But if it's just conveniant for him because he can't have Gale (or someone else for that matter)/is too comfortable to look for something better/etc etc then I really wish he would end this relationship.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Total Fan

We seem to agree completely on everything about this 'issue'

ITA with everything you just said. If Randy is truly happy, then, I am happy for him. I don't like Simon's writing, and if that actually is a reflection of who he really is in everyday life, then I don't have any respect for him at all.. As you said, being intelligent is something to be admired for, but seriously, using your intelligence to show how the people around you are not intelligent. That is nothing to be proud of..

And, truthfully, I would hope that Randy wouldn't fall for someone so rude (if Simon's writing is who he really is) And, I hate admitting that, because obviously I should have absolutely no opinion on how he lives his life.. But, if he likes someone like that, then I can only make assumptions about him.

Sorry.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

My thoughts exactly. I think in a way for some fans it's like a let down on Randy's side that he choose someone like Simon b/c of the reasons you just mentionned. Now obviously we have no true knowledge on their life together and on Simon as a private person but if his writing reflects his true personnality then yes I admit I wish Randy would be with someone better. My only true fear is that he's with Simon b/c in a way he is like that too. I know that Chris and some other people who met him said he was a sweetheart but I also read things about him being rude and a bit snobbish. Obviously I hope the latter isn't true at all and I tend to generally believe it isn't but if it is true then well I think we all know why he is with Simon...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Total Fan

I think we are reading each other's minds.

I was thinking the exact same thing. If he is with Simon, and if Simon is as his writing comes off, then we can only assume that Randy approves of this personality. And, I agree again. Chris and many others have met Randy and have reported on him being sweet and nice to the fans, but the few that creep in with him being snobbish, I can only worry. Because, as much as I feel connected to Justin's character, it would be a letdown that the person who played him for five years, adding bits of pieces of himself into the character, just is a big snob. I would be extremely disappointed.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Give me back my brain girl!

Yeah surprisingly I agree with you. I always remember this fic called "Say my name" with Justin and Randy switching places and Justin saying something like "how can he "play" me if he doesn't even like me". I admit that it bothers me a bit that a character I love wasn't particularly liked by the actor who played him.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Total Fan

I just read that a few weeks ago!! And, I was completely enthralled by it. Because I agree with it so much. That line Justin says that you quoted--sooooo true. And it reminded me of how much I love Justin.

Quote:
I admit that it bothers me a bit that a character I love wasn't particularly liked by the actor who played him.
You took the words right out of my mouth!! And, I can only describe it as.. Just, I love Justin's character, and I immediately connect Justin with Randy, because Randy was Justin when he played him. The fact that Randy might not have even liked this character that I love so much, it kind of breaks me.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah it's kind of disappointing when the actor who plays a character you like might not like them but from an actor's point of view I think he wanted Justin to be better than how he was written.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just wanted to comment on the above about Randy being snobbish. I've met him on 4 separate occasions and I have to say, not 1 of those times did he appear snobbish or rude to me. I realize that I don't truly know him, since you can't really get to know someone in such a short amount of time.

And I admit, there might've been times when he seemed that way towards his fans and they got the impression he wasn't so nice.

I'm just speaking from my own personal experience here. And all of the times I've met him, he was extremely nice and gracious to me and the other fans waiting to see him. The last time he was in a rush and yet he took the time to take pics with my friends and sign my playbill.

Plus, you have to remember, I'm sure he has his bad days just like any other person. And you can't fault him for that.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

true
Old 08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerKitten (View Post)
I have already looked too closely.

Erm, I apologize for this, but...I just couldn't help it! I hope you can all forgive me - expecially Gale!

OMG

Yep Lucky, i think the same; everyone can have a bad day
Brian: Even if it was Ridiculously Romantic.
GALE FAN AND PROUD OF IT
Old 08-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that of course he's just a human being and that he can have bad days like we all and like I said I tend to believe much more positive reviews of meetings with Randy than the negative ones but it's natural that we're asking ourselves these questions. First b/c we don't have any personal experience in this matter and b/c we're trying to understand some of his points of view basing on his possible personnality. Obviously these are just speculations.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah we would obviously have a better opinion if we knew them on a daily basis but since that is not possible we have to go by what we know.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

When he greets his fans, he has excellent manners, you can just tell that he was raised that way. So perhaps even if he was having a bad day and didn't feel like taking pics with the fans etc. he was still nice about and did it with a smile.

Like I said, I don't know him personally (I wish!) and it's hard to judge someone by talking to them for a few minutes, but the overall impression I got is that he's generally a nice person.

I know some fans didn't like or agree with some of the things he said about Justin and Queer as Folk (especially towards the end) and that might've caused them to see him in a negative light.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what he would say if he were reading this
Old 08-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have seen randy after shows and he seems very nice . I think his quiet nature may come off as being a snob at times. But he was very sweet to his fans when I have seen him. Opposites attract and maybe that is there situation. Would love to see how they inner act
Closed Thread   Post New Thread