Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks MichaelsPatience for the warm welcome and the great recap. I myself can't really watch the show on tv cuz I don't have Showcase so I have to resort to DVDs, VCRS and the net.

Now that I have sort of acquainted myself with Brian and Michael with a bombardment of stuff that I have watched today (including music videos and tapes of episodes - I've seen tape#1, 3 and 5 of s1 and #3 of s2. ) and yes, without a doubt, my favourite thing about the show has been Brian and Michael. I mean obviously, my favourite character is Brian b/c he's Brian (isn't he everybody's favourite?) but there is just this sweet, genuine intimacy that happens when Brian and Michael interact with one another alone, just the two of them. It's like nobody else in the world exists except for the both of them. I mean, I admit that Justin is cute but Brian will never love anybody the way he loves Michael. I mean, that is proven by the way that Brian can never really truly commit to Justin and Michael has always been the most stable thing in his life.

BTW, the book that read was the official guide to QAF at the bookstore. I mean, before that, all I knew about the show was that almost everybody who watches the show [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]s Brian/Justin and Randy, Robert G., Gale and Hal star in it. That's it...but then I saw that pic of Brian/Michael on the roof in the pilot and I was like: "Wait a sec...they have a relationship?" and I thought that picture was way sexier and intimate than most of the B/J pictures I had seen...and then I saw this B/M music video and was hooked from then on.

I feverishly looked for anything QAF b/c the obsession had begun and the fact that, unlike most best friend relationships that I have ever seen portrayed on tv, these two had no problem lavishing affection on each other like kissing and groping, and it's a part of their relationship. I mean a lot of would-be couples, you would just hope that they'd kiss or something but with Brian/Michael, almost at any opportunity, they would always show their love for each other by kissing and embracing quite affectionately.

So that's why I'm a little torn about whether or not Brian and Michael should ever sleep together and become a couple b/c from what Hal said in that recent interview, I think it's true. Brian and Michael are together in a fashion and they are the only relationship that have really stood the test of time after all these years. And still they remain as affectionate to each other as possible. They always know for sure that they love each other and basically I feel sorry for any guy that dates either one of them b/c no one can compare to their love for each other. It's not possible.

David and Ben are both kinda squares and with Justin, it's still kinda like a *****. Brian holds Michael to a higher standard than all of the guys he's ever been with, the tricks in his life. As he said during s1 at the turnpike, he'll always believe that Michael will love him no matter what and vice versa. Nothing on this earth could ever tear them apart...so definitely I hope that Ben and Michael never get married and I don't think that Brian/Justin will ever get married and things are as they are now...although in my heart, I do wish that the series will end with B/M together b/c that's the way it should be and it would be the best sex of their lives. Obviously with Brian's experience and for Brian, it'd be the most meaningful sex he'd ever have...

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 04-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by louloucn:
without a doubt, my favourite thing about the show has been Brian and Michael.
[img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Quote:
I mean obviously, my favourite character is Brian b/c he's Brian (isn't he everybody's favourite?)
Well.... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] He is popular. He's my second favorite, next to Michael, but not by much. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I adore Brian...but not as much as Nikinney. [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

Quote:
but there is just this sweet, genuine intimacy that happens when Brian and Michael interact with one another alone, just the two of them. It's like nobody else in the world exists except for the both of them.
[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Perfectly stated.

Quote:
BTW, the book that read was the official guide to QAF at the bookstore.
I have that...love the B/M pics inside. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Quote:
I mean, before that, all I knew about the show was that almost everybody who watches the show [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]s Brian/Justin
Meh...that's somewhat true. lol. That's what it seems like, but trust me when I say there are loads more B/M fans out there then you would imagine...but for some odd reason they tend to be quiet and don't really stray further than the Yahoo group. *shrugs*

Quote:
That's it...but then I saw that pic of Brian/Michael on the roof in the pilot
Yep! That rooftop scene is what makes the majority of B/M fans fall in love with them being together. That's when it happened to me. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Quote:
and I was like: "Wait a sec...they have a relationship?" and I thought that picture was way sexier and intimate than most of the B/J pictures I had seen
Exactly. I don't care how many sex scenes I see between B/J, all it takes is for me to see B/M holding each other or laughing over a memory or a joke and it all just falls into place.

Quote:
these two had no problem lavishing affection on each other like kissing and groping, and it's a part of their relationship. I mean a lot of would-be couples, you would just hope that they'd kiss or something but with Brian/Michael, almost at any opportunity, they would always show their love for each other by kissing and embracing quite affectionately.
Aren't they though? Very odd for 2 people so many insist are "just friends"

Quote:
So that's why I'm a little torn about whether or not Brian and Michael should ever sleep together and become a couple b/c from what Hal said in that recent interview, I think it's true. Brian and Michael are together in a fashion and they are the only relationship that have really stood the test of time after all these years. And still they remain as affectionate to each other as possible. They always know for sure that they love each other and basically I feel sorry for any guy that dates either one of them b/c no one can compare to their love for each other. It's not possible.
I totally understand, there are some who feel like you do. Some want it to happen, but don't want to see it. I think, if they get together it will be at the very end of the series...so we won't have to sit there and worry about how they deal with it later, it'll be left up to our imaginations.

At this point, based on things Hal Sparks has said, as well as the producers (off the record) I feel we're going to be given an open ending...let the audience decide what happens. But I am 100%, absolutely positive that the B/M relationship WILL be dealt with...doesn't mean they're going to get together, but I think next season, the final season, many will be surprised by how after all this time of simmering the B/M aspect is gonna explode all over the screen.

Quote:
David and Ben are both kinda squares and with Justin, it's still kinda like a *****.
Ya, I don't get this couply love thing with B/J. To me, I'll always see Justin as going back to Brian because like he said to Daphne, with Brian he won't be lied too. Sure they care, and might even love each other, I've never seen or heard anything to even warm me up to them. They just don't *do* anything.

Quote:
so definitely I hope that Ben and Michael never get married and I don't think that Brian/Justin will ever get married
Jeezes...if Brian marries anyone I'll run to the window and check the sky for flying pigs. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] As for Ben and Michael...this is mean, possibly, but how I see it: ben is not going to be around forever - so I don't care that much about what happens with him and Michael. This goes back to my thinking of an open ended series finale...anything is possible.

Quote:
Obviously with Brian's experience and for Brian, it'd be the most meaningful sex he'd ever have...
Oh definitely. Without a doubt. No matter what you read or see, take my word for it...there is more between B/M and it IS going to surface. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

by the way..lol..call me Danielle. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

Claire I paid attention to the opening credits, and yes, when they show those 2 hands coming together it is done very slowly and very deliberately. How can you not adore the significance of that? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, okay...episode 402 talk:

It was a decent episode, I didn't think it was amazing or anything. I was very happy to see Emmett get that sense of self and pride back, I don't like seeing him unhappy. I was really surprised at how obvious Blake seemed to be with Ted, when just last week he was keeping his distance. Sure, sure...Ted's outta rehab. But, as a counselor Blake knows better than anyone that they advise recovering addicts not to get involved in any kind of relationships for at least 1 year. Whatever, I'm nitpicking. Touchy subject for me.

I was happy to see Vance again, love Carlo Rotta! Am thrilled Brian seems to be getting back on track, it would have been interesting to see him truly dealing with being broke and having to cut back on all those $100/bottle anti-wrinkle creams, etc. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Justin's getting in touch with his ignored anger...about fcuking time. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] The guy who is in charge of the "pink possee" group is nice looking! I am actually a tad interested in his getting in touch with his anger..I hated that his whole dealing with the bashing was dropped. I did not like the "let's kick some straight ass" remark (or whatever) at the end. Fine, it was appropriate for that conversation and all that, I didn't like it. The one thing QaF has done to me over the years is made me more sensitive to the negative remarks on the show about straight people.

Ben was somewhat harsh with Hunter, discussing the HIV meds...makes sense I guess, he's allowed. But hey, I have to agree with Brian's remark on that one.

Um, no B/M moments. However, at the end B/M and Ben are at the bar in Babylon and I enjoyed not only Brian's teasing Michael about his fairy name, but also the way he kept looking at the pictures. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Fairy name you ask? Michael's was "dumpling" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] He and Emmett went to some finding your proud innner gay man retreat, or whatever, and they had to pick their fairy names. That's what Michael chose..no idea why, although someone suggested in chat it had faintly to do with Season 2 when Ben was cooking dumplings. *shrugs* Then someone else said it was Ben's nickname for him, but I've never heard it before.

Whatever...Michael was freaking cute. Word a denim vest, no shirt and a kilt. Nice legs! [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] And 2 **hotties** hit on him...made me loathe Ben's existence because I wanted to see Michael grab those 2 men and run off into the woods with them. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And those pictures at the end? Michael pointing to the naked volleyballers and [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] at the camera? Priceless. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited MichaelsPatience ]
Old 04-26-2004, 06:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow...SO much to read...not enough time to read it in!! I gotta catch up on the weekend! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] to all!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Extreme Fan

MichaelsPatience - thanks for the insight...I was wondering where the B/M fans were cuz to me it seems like they should have more fans than that. I guess from what I have been watching, they have the best moments on the show...I mean I loved the episodes in the first season where Michael was torn about moving in with David and then Brian and Michael have that meaningful moment on the turnpike and the way that Michael pulled away from the kiss, you knew that he wanted more and any thought of David vanished...and then what Brian did "to make Michael happy" with his 30th b-day and obsessing over him, missing him like crazy...that was classic...

Yeah I like Justin sure cuz he's the one who brought them back together and he's sweet but I can never see Brian actually "settling" down with Justin...so much of their relationship revolves around lust and sex...there isn't any real intimacy (but maybe there is now cuz I've only seen s1-s2 episodes). I do like what I saw of the Justin and Michael friendship and how Brian got jealous of that...that was so damn hilarous!

Right now I'm trying to get ahold of all s1-s2 episodes on VHS and maybe watching s3 on DVD. From what you guys have seen, what is the best B/M season to date...I don't know cuz when I read quotes, it seems to me that the best season has been the first one...

And as much as I am afraid that if Brian and Michael get together that sex is going to ruin everything, a part of me is excited for it...yes, I definitely want them to deal with it in s5. But what are the B/J fans going to think? I'm afraid that the B/J fans are so strong, the producers might shy away from B/M and let the B/J fans get their ending even though I never thought that it would be a plausible ending. Justin is so young and has so much potential, Brian is supposed to be his first love and then from what he has learned from him, he finds someone he is meant to be with...simple as that. While Brian and Michael find their way back to each other b/c it's always been about them. All they have gone through, all they have shared, in the end, it ends with the two of them. Period. Perfect ending...

I also got my sister kinda hooked like me on it. She thinks that Justin is a cutie and like B/J but also likes B/M..her perfect ending would be Brian, Michael and Justin living under the same roof like a family...she is always amused by the way they show Brian and Michael like parents raising up a kid like Justin...

Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
MichaelsPatience - thanks for the insight...I was wondering where the B/M fans were cuz to me it seems like they should have more fans than that.
I know, it's always bothered me just how freaking quiet this side of the fandom is. It's annoying as hell really..lol.

Quote:
I guess from what I have been watching, they have the best moments on the show
That's how I feel too. I enjoy other scenes with and others, but if there's no B/M scene..even if it's just them standing in line to go vote...it just feels incomplete for me.

Quote:
and then what Brian did "to make Michael happy" with his 30th b-day and obsessing over him, missing him like crazy...that was classic...
Indeed it was. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Just wondering, have you ever seen the original UK version of the show?

Quote:
there isn't any real intimacy (but maybe there is now cuz I've only seen s1-s2 episodes).
Well, depends on who you ask. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't see any *true* and *real* intimacy...but I've said there's more there than sex. To me, it's too much of this older brother/father/teacher vibe from Brian to Justin...I don't see them as equals in any way.

Quote:
I do like what I saw of the Justin and Michael friendship and how Brian got jealous of that...that was so damn hilarous!
It was. And I actually liked seeing Michael and Justin getting friendly...so many people I know had been hoping for that from day one. After all, in the beginning Michael did try and be nice and all that. But, I believe that no matter what happens...Michael and Justin will never get back to that place we saw them at in that one episode in Season 2. They destroyed it, I don't think either of them can be actual friends with each other.

Quote:
From what you guys have seen, what is the best B/M season to date...I don't know cuz when I read quotes, it seems to me that the best season has been the first one...
Exactly. Season 1 was the greatest season for B/M. Season 2 wasn't bad, I enjoyed it very much. Season 3 was *horrible*, IMO, and not just because of the way they totally treated the B/M friendship...the whole season was god awful. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
But what are the B/J fans going to think?
I don't care. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'm afraid that the B/J fans are so strong, the producers might shy away from B/M and let the B/J fans get their ending even though I never thought that it would be a plausible ending.
No worries on my part. If CowLip decides to buckle under so called pressure, shame on them for abondoning their view. And shame on the B/M fans for not voicing their thoughts...they're lazy. And yes, I have no problem saying it here...I've been saying it since season 2. But I honestly, truly believe that it will not be a B/J ending...it might not even be a B/M ending. I can tell you that one of the producers said just recently that Brian's feels for Michael more than friendship, and that there's a lot more to the story being told. I won't talk about all of what was said here, but will say that he didn't indicate B/M will be together...he just said to keep watching. Trust me, they are VERY well aware of what they are doing to us B/M fans. bastards. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's done on purpose, because they know the tease is intruiging.

Quote:
While Brian and Michael find their way back to each other b/c it's always been about them.
That's they way I've seen this from the very first episode. QaF is about them, essentially, and all that happens in their lives. And just like it says in that QaF book - it always comes back to brian and michael. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I also got my sister kinda hooked like me on it. She thinks that Justin is a cutie and like B/J but also likes B/M..her perfect ending would be Brian, Michael and Justin living under the same roof like a family...
Oh my god...now that's just wrong! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
she is always amused by the way they show Brian and Michael like parents raising up a kid like Justin...
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I still know a few people who see the relationship between the 3 of them like that. Not sure I agree, but I see that side of the argument.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

hey ya!
Thanks for voicing your opinions like that. It's sad that this thread is more alive and well than it should be...been trying to find a place where I can talk about it but at least you respond back...

I have now finished all of s2 and although I really love s1, I thoroughly enjoyed s2 too. Not only did they let Justin pursue a romance with Ethan (I love Ethan btw even though I know what he is going to do in s3 but the moments between them were just fairy tale like...exactly what Justin needed and never got from Brian), let Michael have a relationship with Ben (better than David but still I don't want them to be together in the end...if it ends like that, NO!!!!!) but best of all, it shows exactly how different Brian regards both Justin and Michael. When Justin needs Brian, Brian runs off to God knows where, sleeps around and thinks about work more than his own "boyfriend"...I mean I thought it was so sad when Justin was trying to pique his interest with the picnic and then asking him about work and such and Brian just totally ignores him....on the other hand, when Michael calls Brian during a meeting, Brian drops work completely, doesn't give a ***** and goes to comfort Michael...that hospital scene is one of the most romantic scenes I have ever seen...it shows the level of intimacy and love these two share and it definitely goes beyond friendship, beyond lovers...I mean the way Brian or Michael can just turn around, banter with each other and pull each other in a romantic kiss and embrace...omg...At least they admit their love for each other...Can you tell me this? Does Brian ever admit to Justin that he loves him? That has bothered me so much...I know that he loves him in his own way, sure, but has he told him right to his face what he needed...in season 3? I mean how does Justin just go back to him? To let him treat him the same?

I'm really sad for the Michael/Justin relationship...I mean I could totally see how it could never be the same way again after the Ethan thing...I mean I see them both justified. Michael had to tell his best friend and Justin needed someone to love him. I just wish that they could be friends without the Brian quotient...it's because Brian is the center of both their universes that they are drawn to one another but also why they pulled apart...

I haven't seen the UK version yet...I want to see it for Charlie Hunnam...I'm not so sure about Aidan Gillen...is it good? I don't know, I just identify so much with Hal as Michael and Gale as Brian that I can't see myself enjoying the other one more...Hal and Gale have such an amazing chemistry and despite Brian being an a$$ most of the time, I'm still in love with him...I'm under the Brian spell...

So S3 is that bad huh? I've got to rent the rest of it...how's S4 going? Any better? I mean I loved that clip that I saw of Brian and Michael bantering about Michael eating in Brian's car...that was so adorable!

Yeah I do see Brian's relationship with Justin a combination of lovers and a father/son type relationship...I admit that the scenes early season 2 were quite sweet and almost borderline romantic for them (all of them mostly on Justin's part) but Brian kinda regards him like a second son with the way he calls him Sonny boy and just the way he cares about him...It's a very blurry line they go on between them cuz it's weird to regard like a child and you're the father while also sleeping with him...I don't get it sometimes...I just think that Brian is the first love that Justin must experience in his life before he meets the love of his life. He is still so young and naive to understand what he wants in life and what he needs in a real relationship. I don't disregard that there aren't any real feelings between Brian and Justin but every time they have a problem, they always try to solve it with sex...I think they both need to grow up a little to understand that you can't patch everything up with a little gropage...I mean that part when Justin comes home from being with Ethan and tries to cover it up by going to take a shower. Brian is onto him and just grabs him forcefully, kissing him hard and then attempts to have some crazy sex to make him forget about Ethan...yes it was hot, but it was empty...Justin didn't need that from him...he wanted love...see? I just want the producers to realize that having Justin end up with Brian, it is really selling Justin short in the end...I want him to fall in love with a decent, sweet, romantic guy that can really be faithful to him, be realistic when he needs to be and be the type of person he can be with forever...Brian is just not that person for Justin...Justin can be swept away by the way he fell for him immediately but that doesn't last...it's only lust...They are good between the sheets but anything else: it sucks!

I always have this fantasy that someday our Peter Pan grows up and really knows what he wants now...the guy has been staring right in front of him, trying to save him at every turn, and he can never commit...I don't want to change Brian completely but I want him to take a chance, decide to change and actually fight to win Michael's heart...if he can't do that, then I never want Michael and Brian to be together...If he really really loves Michael and wants to be with him finally, he has to fight for him and fight hard...I won't accept anything less...

Cindy

Old 04-27-2004, 04:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I totally understand, there are some who feel like you do. Some want it to happen, but don't want to see it. I think, if they get together it will be at the very end of the series...so we won't have to sit there and worry about how they deal with it later, it'll be left up to our imaginations.

At this point, based on things Hal Sparks has said, as well as the producers (off the record) I feel we're going to be given an open ending...let the audience decide what happens. But I am 100%, absolutely positive that the B/M relationship WILL be dealt with...doesn't mean they're going to get together, but I think next season, the final season, many will be surprised by how after all this time of simmering the B/M aspect is gonna explode all over the screen.
Dan I *love* your thinking but I don't want it to be an open ending. Hal is wrong! wrong!! wrong!!!
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I want them in every position possible. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] er...I mean I want *alot* of B/M scenes. Gahhhhh....I feel like Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It's like I've got a golden ticket and I have to wait until next year or when someone is brave enough to *coughtellallcough*!!!

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited Esoterica ]
Old 04-27-2004, 05:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Take a look at the promo pics for this season. Notice how *serious* Michael is? Except for the ones with Gus he looks very serious in one of them. They're not the most flattering photos of both Hal and Gale this year but at least Brian is smiling. Anyone notice???

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited Esoterica ]
Old 04-27-2004, 07:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Esoterica:
<STRONG>I want them in every position possible. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I want them in every position possible too. My conscience forbids me to give you any example though... [img]smilies/spank.gif[/img]

Danielle! I'm working on you know what, but I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I thought I'd bee free today but I had to work.

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited nikinney ]
Old 04-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi guys!

I'm watching the first episode of QAF right now...I like how Brian is reaching out to Michael and how Michael's the one most protective of him. I mean, yes, Brian treated Justin like ***** so I understand why Justin left but I loved how Justin had to say that Michael has never liked him from the first moment he saw him (although we know that he likes him a little but after Justin decided to choose someone else, all he cared about was Brian's feelings, nobody else's) and now there is nothing standing between him and Brian...I loved that...it's interesting to me that I love Justin, Brian and Michael...I love them all but I just think that Justin is selling himself short by compromising all that he is to be with Brian on these terms. I would be happy if someday Brian could just tell the boy that he loves him instead of stringing him along like this but then Brian will never do that and if he does, it would only be for Michael...

I can't believe it's only been a week and I'm so addicted to this show...I love it!

Cindy

Old 04-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
at least you respond back...
That's because I went for weeks here pretty much being the only person on the thread. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Most people I know don't like FF, because we (at this QaF forum) do our best to stay away from shipper wars and debates...it's too friendly here, and most people I know who have stopped in don't like it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*shrugs* Fighting is old, the show is in it's 4th season and I have zero interest in debating the different views again, because all we do is run around in circles. Doesn't appeal to me.

Quote:
it shows exactly how different Brian regards both Justin and Michael.
I know, it really did! LOL...*many* B/M fans love episode 218 and that is just one of the reasons. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I mean I thought it was so sad when Justin was trying to pique his interest with the picnic and then asking him about work and such and Brian just totally ignores him
It was sad. And that was why I was so happy about Ethan, in 218 I actually really, really liked Justin. It gave me the chance to see this whole other side of the character that I think is virtually ignored. It didn't last long, but I'm grateful to have seen it. Plus...I love Fab [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] the actor who played Ethan. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Does Brian ever admit to Justin that he loves him?
Um, he's never said "I love you" if that's what you mean. I;m honestly not sure what he has and hasn't expressed...I'm 99% sure he hasn't said anything like that. Then again, most exchanges between B/J don't register with me anymore, I tend to zone out when they're on screen..like I do with the lesbians. lol

Quote:
Michael had to tell his best friend and Justin needed someone to love him.
true. And I still say that Justin kissed Ethan across the street from Michael and knew very well how likely it was he'd be seen. I think he wanted to get caught. And that's not exactly a bad thing. I can't help but relate to when the relationship between my ex-boyfriend and I was over, I didn't know how to end it..what to say...I was clueless and freaked out. So I just sat back and waited for him to make the move. I saw Justin's kissing Ethan in that same manner, he wanted the change in his life enough that maybe subconsiously he took a chance hoping Michael would see. I really don't think Michael and Justin will ever be friends on the level they were reaching in Season 2.

Quote:
I haven't seen the UK version yet...I want to see it for Charlie Hunnam...I'm not so sure about Aidan Gillen...is it good?
It's FANTASTIC! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I absolutely adore it, am totally addicted to it. I was an Aidan Gillen fan long before I ever saw it, so that was an extra perk for me. I sorta knew Charlie from a show he did here in the US, but I wasn't exactly a fan. It is very good, I reccomend it.

Quote:
I can't see myself enjoying the other one more
Now, I'm a huge fan of both shows and just am not capable of loving one more than the other. QaF UK is wonderful, but it is a typical UK series so it was rather short. And obviously, the US version has well over 50 episodes - each one nearly an hour long as well. So the characters are different, we get more development, etc. But the basic foundation is the same, a handful of storylines are the same as well.

Quote:
So S3 is that bad huh?
For me, yes. From a B/M fan...of the friendship and whatever else there is..it was not good at all. They barely touched on the friendship, and the few times they did they either left us scratching our heads trying to understand what that kiss was all about - or they didn't show the proper respect that B/M and their friendship deseves.

I have a few issues with Season 3; storylines that were just nonsense..bad writing...stuff like that. But, that's my view.

Quote:
I've got to rent the rest of it...how's S4 going? Any better?
The first episode was really good, altogether, not just on a B/M front. The second episode was slower, but it was alright..nothing amazing.

Quote:
the way he calls him Sonny boy
Ugh...that creeped so many people out. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't know, I don't see how others can say they thought it was sweet when he referred to Justin as the nick name he uses for his son, when Justin was (basically) learning how to walk down the street alone. Just too weird.

Quote:
They are good between the sheets but anything else: it sucks!
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That about sums it up for me, yeah. Although, they've never actually appealed to me much when they are in bed....as much as I enjoy seeing Brian all naked and sweaty. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I won't accept anything less...
*sniffle* You're a woman after my own heart! lol.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
I have to wait until next year or when someone is brave enough to *coughtellallcough*!!!
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]

Well, I want them in every possible position also...and I want long and slow close up shots as well. But what I want [img]smilies/whip.gif[/img] [img]smilies/spank.gif[/img] and what I think might happen aren't really the same. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol.

Quote:
<STRONG>Take a look at the promo pics for this season. Notice how *serious* Michael is? Except for the ones with Gus he looks very serious in one of them. They're not the most flattering photos of both Hal and Gale this year but at least Brian is smiling. Anyone notice???
</STRONG>
Yep, I noticed. And I think it all falls back to what we know already and what we've seen in the first 2 eps....Michael is getting more serious, more mature, etc., and Brian is letting some of that weight that's been on his shoulders go a little bit...he's lightening up. Sorta. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by nikinney:
My conscience forbids me to give you any example though... [img]smilies/spank.gif[/img]
heh heh....damnit.

Quote:
Danielle! I'm working on you know what, but I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I thought I'd bee free today but I had to work.
That's okay Nik, take your time. I'm already 2 weeks late with it, so it's no rush! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Touchstone told me frams or Iframes were probably what was needed to fix it. I totally lost. *shrugs*

But you're the best, thanks so much for whatever help you can give. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
I can't believe it's only been a week and I'm so addicted to this show...I love it!
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I understand...I think I was hooked on this show less than 10 minutes after watching the first episode. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi ya sweetie!

Thanks for answering back...it's really funny to be addicted to a tv show and no one to really talk to about it...I mean I got my sis but we're such newbies to it...I like listening to your perspective on it.

I've rewatched a lot of S2 again and I think I got a better perspective on the Brian and Justin relationship. The first time I kinda skipped through the B/J stuff cuz I was only interested in the B/M stuff but I think I have a better appreciation for it and maybe it will make me better settled if they cop out and give us a B/J ending. I love Brian with all my heart even when he's a heartless a$$. I don't know, maybe b/c I find him so damn hot and he has the greatest lines ever and in those quiet moments, he just really surprises you. I mean not even B/M moments because we know he has a special bond with him but with everyone else, esp. Lindsay...I love his relationship with Lindsay. Unconventional like Michael and he's not afraid to say he loves her...

With Justin, I do know that he really does love him but the idea that Justin can accept the rules that Brian establishes for their relationship, that he's too afraid of becoming "domesticated", "straight", somebody's "wife" is total B/S. If he really truly loves him, why the hell is he so afraid of being monogamous? It's not a straight thing! Sometimes it infuriates me to think he could categorize it like that. I know Justin loves him and doesn't want to change him, but to go back to him a second time with the same rules...I don't get it...I know Michael accepts Brian with no judgments and everything but at least Michael has some sense not to be with him that way...that he doesn't cross the boundaries of their relationship into what I call "Justinland"...that what makes Brian's and Michael's relationship flourish instead of stagnant like B/J's...Every time I look at B/J, I long for Brian to just acknowledge that maybe it's worth it to say "I love you", make a decent gesture, something that would make it seem like he really truly loves him as a real boyfriend...the closest he ever got was "I come home because that is what I want...coming home to you"...but after all this, I don't think it should be enough for Justin...

Right now, I'm really curious about what you think of Justin...I like how he's grown, at least from what I've seen in S2 (although I really didn't like how unfeeling he was towards that guy he slept with at Daphne's party b/c hello? Brian did the same thing to him and he knows how crappy it is to be treated that way for your first time and what did he do? He followed Brian around like puppy dog for the whole of S1 until Brian started to care...) and how he actually chose Ethan over Brian. I don't think he truly needed to explain to Brian cuz Brian left him no reason to stay, esp. the way that Brian keeps hiding his feelings...All he does he seduce him with his charisma and sex appeal but in the end, Justin wanted more...I think in the end, Justin still should ask for more...I don't want Justin to have to settle with Brian's rules...so they are gay men, who cares? That doesn't mean Justin can't ask for his body and soul b/c he loves him...Justin gives him that and he should ask for it in return...I know that Ethan was just a romantic notion in the end, but I don't see why QAF can't just create a character that is a balance of romance/reality, a person who Justin can truly share his life with instead of saying romance is bad, Brian's heartless, no B/S approach is good and he can sleep around as much as he likes...it's not fair...I mean I'm glad that they showed a relationship that is not conventional by any standards but Justin needn't settle for that in the end and neither does Michael...

BTW, about Michael, with him being 'surrogate dad' with Ben in regards to Hunter in the 3rd season, it makes me scared that it would make it hard for them to separate Ben and Michael from each other b/c of the responsability they feel towards Hunter, like two dads...how old is Hunter btw? (I only saw the last episodes of s3 to know about him and the scene where Hunter is introduced to Brian b/c he doesn't believe that Rage could exist in the real world and he sees him, and comes on to him...made me think that he's a mini-Brian and how funny it would be if Brian and Michael would raise him instead...be a lot more fun than Ben...)

On the subject of Ben, what do you feel about him? I mean I think he's nice and all, but is it enough for Michael? I know it's b/c of love that he stays with Ben but what about Ben being HIV+? How will it affect them? Maybe it's the fact that I want Brian and Michael to be together so bad that I want it to end but I guess I'm not such a big fan of Robert Gant anyways...nice but so not my type (I do love Fab...always have, always will. A perfect foil to Gale's Brian...)

I live Toronto and I wish that I actually could run into Gale or Hal someday...those two are the ones I really want to see...well mostly Gale...he takes my breath away. I never really saw him as beautiful until I got into QAF and now I can't get enough of him.

Wow...the UK one sounds good...I love UK stuff. I love BBC stuff and I love Coupling, but I'm glad the N.A QAF is a success...

As for what you said about shipper wars, I'm not interested in it myself cuz I think that is just counterproductive and a waste of my time. Just b/c I like a couple, I don't think I should fight with someone cuz they have a different opinion. I just like talking to people about their views and open-mindedness to see other sides...I mean I would never be completely ANTI-B/J or something like that nor would I want to speak to someone who is totally ANTI-B/M...what's the point? I like seeing all facets of each relationship and I just find Brian's and Michael's relationship more compelling and complex...I want B/M sex but not some empty pity ***** like every time Brian initiates it...it's gotta be true and Brian better be able to give all of himself to Michael. We know Mikey's able to do that, can Brian be a man and do it too?

Cindy

Old 04-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Ok finally able to post on Ep. 2.

I was actually bored with it for the most part. Only 1 scene with B/M and that was at the end. Though I loved Brian's reaction to the pics of Mickey and finding about Mickey's fairy name of "Dumpling". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Other than that nada.

Is it just me or is the pink posse head honcho FINE. I was staring at him. I couldn't help myself.

As for the Fairy retreat, Hal/Mickey looked sooooo cute in his plaid short skirt, denim vest and boots. I wanted to jump him.

Blake/Ted- Hmm interesting. I like Blake but he seemed to do a 180 from last week when he was a little standoffish with Ted.

Glad Brian went solo and snagged that account.

Justin- Nothing to say. He might be interesting this season with this whole pink posse thing.

Other than that, nothing special about this episode.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread