Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG
Actually, there was never direct evidence Hitler was in fact Jewish. There were theories and some circumstantial evidence that his grandmother MAY have been part Jewish, but it was never proven (Trust me, I've looked and studied). Still, there was always the "what if?" and that could have been a factor in his obvious motions against them. Yet, the Voldemort/Jewish parrallel is very obvious even without the blood stuff. Tom Riddle was obviously very effected by his Muggle father abandoning him and his mother. That's probably where his hatred came from. It's all about the symbolism, I fear.

Hitler's hatred of the Jews actually stems from the fact that he blames them for Germany falling in World War I (ie: Corruption in the military) Jews were also bankers and from wealthy families and held alot of power (Could give credence to the James Potter theory though. He did come from money). He was just a poor, talentless wannabe painter who had great skills as an orator. Germany was very broken after WWI and Hilter seemed to have a "good" reason why it was so. The Jews were the scapegoats. He didn't like them and thought that there was a worldwide Jewish conspiracy. Thought they were a dirty parasite that corrupted the future of a healthy German race. Kind of ironic since Hitler wasn't German at all- he was Austrian. Dumbledore is very Winston Churchill, in the fact that Hilter is very Voldemort. They are enemies and have been fighting against each other for many years.

Harry's the key here though. In another time and place, Harry COULD HAVE BEEN Voldemort. It's our choices though...not our abilities. I think that's why Petunia's so hard on Harry- she's guilty she never got to mend things with Lily. It's also why Snape is so hard on Neville- he doesn't want Neville to end up like him- A Death Eater who is now in hiding from Voldemort (or I can assume...unless he's using a disguise).

Alright, I'll stop now. You guys all got a free history lesson. (Just putting my history degree to use. ).
Wow, the paralells are scary. I never knew HP was so political! Well, I always knew that it showed "racism", but not to that degree. Thanks for the history lesson. I was gonna take a course in the Holocaust but that course was very work heavy (I didn't have the extra time to put in it) and the prof also gave the students a warning that the stuff we would learn would be some very heavy stuff and I didn't think that I could handle it (seeing as how I cry at the drop of a hat).

BTW, is anyone else having trouble getting behind the brick wall? I hit all the right bricks and they sink into the wall and everything, but after that, they all just pop back up and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Girlfriend; 06-29-2004 at 09:42 PM
Old 06-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Loyal Fan

wow are we geniuses or what...we tied Harry Potter to politics...that's totally nifty I hadn't even thought about the parallelism between Harry Potter and the Holocaust...

and I found the outtakes...but only one of them has Rupert in it and the other is only Emma...so here is the one w/ Rupert and Emma...I like it a lot...well I like any picture of Emma and Rupert together, so I'm not one to talk but I like it..

if it doesn't work it can be found at www.emma-watson.net

ooh and I found the picture of Hermione grabbing onto Ron's shirt...before the AHG part...hehe...this is when Harry makes the bowing gesture and there's a cracking twig noise...

if it doesn't show up, I found this picture at Emma grabs Rupert's sleeve

enjoy! Buddies!

Miss C

edited cause pix weren't working...just go to the provided links

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-29-2004, 11:22 PM
New Fan

OK this is totally not gonna happen (lol) but maybe Sirius is the HBP. OK, before you tell me I'm off my rocker, which is def. a possibliity. I can tell you why I think ti's possible- it'll be explaing the pin and the turmoil little harry is going through, like a continuation of OoTP, and now I can tell you why he won't be.

He's Dead. and He's pure blood. And he isn't a prince, because if he was it would be posted on the family tree.

Maybe it's Remus, we wouldn't know whether he was a prince or not- if he was disowned by his parents because of his half wolf status... but they mae sure he was sent to Hogwarts... so ... yeah that's not possible either.

Ok I just did no good in disputing either of my theories.... lol It' must be the lack of coffee.

Oh, another question if you mkae Sidekick fanart, do you post links here? Does anyone know any good fan art with caps from POA? '

Thanks

Later,
Vix
To know truth we must know lies...and most of all how to tell the difference between them and those that display them... In a world where words can seal fates - one must be careful, for lies can unravel the soul.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Qfanny
I'd bet all of my gold the HBP is James Potter .
Your theory's interesting, but I'm pretty sure James was a pureblood.

Oh, and JKR has basically said that James died after Lily. Remember how the people came out of Voldemort's wand in reverse order? The editors changed it so that Lily came out before James (because they thought Voldemort killed James first), but in fact it should have been the other way round...so obviously there's something big we don't know about the night Harry's parents were killed.
Zapp: Come back when it's a catastrophe.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality2003
wow are we geniuses or what...we tied Harry Potter to politics...that's totally nifty I hadn't even thought about the parallelism between Harry Potter and the Holocaust...

and I found the outtakes...but only one of them has Rupert in it and the other is only Emma...so here is the one w/ Rupert and Emma...I like it a lot...well I like any picture of Emma and Rupert together, so I'm not one to talk but I like it..

if it doesn't work it can be found at www.emma-watson.net

enjoy! Buddies!

Miss C

ah those pics sound really cute...but I can't find them I went to the link you provided and looked around, but i still can't find the pics!
I'm quite confused

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-30-2004, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

I can't find the pictures either.
Help.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks SusanXG for the clarification. Boy, sidekickers are smarty pants aren't we? What I really love about these books is that they open up so many fascinating discussions about World History and Sociology for young people. JKR doesn't miss a thing and she does it in such a subtle way that you don't even realise you're studying. She must have been an excellent teacher.

Anyway back to R/Hr. Does anyone have an actual "readable" transcript of the Japan press converance that Rupert and Emma attended? I can't view the video because I don't have windows media on my mac, but I'd love to read what they have to say.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat
[B]
Anyway back to R/Hr. Does anyone have an actual "readable" transcript of the Japan press converance that Rupert and Emma attended? I can't view the video because I don't have windows media on my mac, but I'd love to read what they have to say.
There's a video too?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Ok went to look for some more pics.

More here Rupert & Emma visit Japan

oh I found this on one of Emma's message board.

Last edited by Darth Liz; 06-30-2004 at 08:24 AM
Old 06-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Total Fan

i don't think the HBP has to be an actual prince. i think it just might be figure of speech, that the HBP is in some way like a prince, but not an actual one

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 06-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Well I'm going to go ahead and start the new thread.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top