Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Ooooooh.

I have a fic challenge! Fic challenge!

Scenario: Post-Hogwarts. Remus has just given Harry Sirius's old motorbike. Harry takes Hermione out for a ride on the motorbike (for sentimental reasons...your call). She gets cold and ends up wearing Harry's leather jacket. Harry muses about how Hermione looks good in his clothes.

Right. Blame it on listening to "La La" by Ashlee Simpson. Guh....

Hm. Emma and Dan and Rupert totally embody their characters. I think that what is happening is that they've grown into their roles so well that it's getting impossible to see any other version of Hermione, Harry and Ron. It's become impossible to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione looking like and acting like anyone other than Emma's, Dan's and Rupert's protrayal onscreen. I guess that there should be measures taken for the actors to separate themselves from their character. I mean, in the non-HP promotional photoshoots they totally dress up the way they would RL (Harry seems like the jeans and sweater guy, not the funky T-shirt and cool jacket type and Hermione is pretty much a bit of a classic girl for me - and has lots of cordoroy, cotton, and denim for rough and tumble and the cold weather (cordoroy is warm!) ...with some silk and velvet for formal stuff.... and with something pink now and then to feel feminine) but they don't do that often enough. Maybe what should happen is like, they should show more behind the scenes footage of the cast interacting OFF camera - like when they have visitors watching and asking for autographs....or on the way to tutoring... or more interviews with Emma and Rupert drawing...Emma playing with her sports team or dancing, Rupert playing golf..... Dan *actually* playing the guitar (I myself would LOVE to hear him play that Beatles song Gar---Gaz Oldman taught him) and other OOC occasions to show how different they are from their characters. It'll be more powerful than just hearing them answer questions regarding that topic.

I mean, if Emma didn't think Hermione would wear pink she wouldn't have worn the hoodie. ALFONSO and DAVID HEYMAN wouldn't have chosen that for the costume. Jo herself would've said something. If she didn't agree with anything in the movie.

Right. This post has gone long enough...

Dancing Queen!

*icon not mine, credit to maker*

Last edited by Iola Morton; 10-23-2004 at 06:00 AM
Old 10-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Morning girls

Love the art and manip Mel Great job. And i saw your latest B/A art in the FA forum. It's really beautiful. But don't tell anyone else i said that!

Quote:
They are so meant for eachother...I just don't know how it could turn out any other way...
Absolute ditto Erin. I'll feel that way no matter what happens.

Since im in a hurry i'll just say that i agree with everyone on the Emma ranting. Emma IS Hermione and the fact that she puts some heart in to the role is what makes her so good.

I must be off. Later my dears
Old 10-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~
Love the art and manip Mel Great job. And i saw your latest B/A art in the FA forum. It's really beautiful. But don't tell anyone else i said that!
Your secrets safe with me. I was going to make a CA art todat but couldn't think of any eps but I found an ep so its on the way As well as another BA, I have to even it out And Im glad you liked my new ones I was quite happy with that manip which is a surprise cause I am usually not very good with them.

Erin, Iola Morton, (sorry I dont know your name ) Kathy - Thanks for all the comments Im glad you like!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Intrceptr350 nad Virgo- Ahhh... just ignore them!! I know how annoying it can be sometimes!!

MichaelVartanIsSexy and HarryandHermionerocks1- the gorgeous fanarts!!! Oh and yes Harry and Hermione are the perfect couple!!!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 10-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Mel- The WP and manip, just beautiful!

Kathy- WOW. Girl, excellent post!

Old 10-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Aurors!

I've only posted once on this particular thread so far but I've been reading all the posts. It's great so many "old" Aurors are returning, I don't know you all cause I've only been around since June but I'm happy for all of you and it makes for great Auror talk!

I've said many times how much I love Dan, Emma, and Rupert in their roles. No need to defend them...if anyone doesn't like them, well, that's their problem and believe me it's a big one! You'd have to be nuts to criticize them. I think they do an excellent job especially in the fact that they are YOUNG actors with little previous experience...I think they have brought those characters to glorious life and anyone who doesn't think so is living in major delusional world. First rant over.

Second rant...POA, the movie, was brilliant! Just brilliant! Cuaron did a masterful job with that movie and the fans and critics alike loved it. I read a critique of the movie that said "Cuaron finally made Harry Potter magical"...so very true. The fact that it focused on H/Hr so much only made me more sure that some foreshadowing is going on.

Their relationship was perfect in that movie, I think Hermione makes Harry the great wizard that he is...she has told him he's a great wizard, now she's giving him the power to be one.

Harry and Hermione's relationship is, to me, the heart and soul of the Harry Potter books. So many times has she given Harry the encouragement, the knowledge, the comfort he needs. Now they are coming to the age where they can understand what love is and Hermione loves Harry with all her heart, Harry loves her, too, but he's just beginning to realize what she means to him. I'm really anxious to see how their relationship evolves in HBP. I don't see how it could be anything but love.

*gonna stop now cause I think I'm gonna cry!*

hammergal (Sharon K)

ETA: Kathy, your post just rocked!!!
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
Old 10-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
"No man can be friends with a woman he finds attractive".
Oh, Rini! Just lovely! Ok. So, challenge, anyone? lol I'd LOVE to see Harry admitting that to Hermione while (probably) blushing madly. *giggles*
Quote:
Do they not understand what PoA was about?!?!? It was the one movie that Hermione had her chance to shine...she can't spend all her time bickering with Ron, or study in the library for pete's sake.
WORD! I did gasp when i first read that. These people are crazy! What's NOT to adore about Emma??
Quote:
Okay...how about a deleted scene from OoTP...all this H/HR and D/E chem talk has got me thinking.
Just lovely! *-*
Quote:
*gonna stop now cause I think I'm gonna cry!*
Aaah, i was about to cry too! I need to reread the books! And i'll do it TODAY! *raises fist*
Old 10-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Time Cannot Erase
Mel Yep, I'm a Syd/Vaughn shipper
Heee, high five! I'm S/V all the way too!

Kathy: brilliant post!

I'm off to write fan fic! Hopefully, I'll be able to post something today!

The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence. ~ Edward Thomas
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~ Ovid
Old 10-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Iola Morton

I have a fic challenge! Fic challenge!

Scenario: Post-Hogwarts. Remus has just given Harry Sirius's old motorbike. Harry takes Hermione out for a ride on the motorbike (for sentimental reasons...your call). She gets cold and ends up wearing Harry's leather jacket. Harry muses about how Hermione looks good in his clothes.
Since I have a motorcycle, do you mind if I take this one? *cracks fingers*

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Hatchkoff
Ok. So, challenge, anyone? lol I'd LOVE to see Harry admitting that to Hermione while (probably) blushing madly. *giggles*
I'll grab that one too if I can.

Thanks guys for the back up on Emma! Normally I wouldn't care but I'm just sick of people dissing her...

*shows off Kieu's pretty Emma avie*
Team Britney
Old 10-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

kathy you are totally right. of all the things people can say about hermione, blending into the background because of ron and harry is never one of them. she's my favorite character, besides harry and a big reason why is because she's her own person. its why she's the one i think that harry can be with. ginny and cho both kind of follow harry in a way. they both follow his lead but hermione takes initiative. she's the one who thinks of spells and such that harry can use against voldie...she doesn't wait for things to happen, she does them on her own. she's also the only one who will calm harry down and call him when he's being irrational. saying emma messed up hermione is a sin....grrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm getting pissed off just thinking about it. emma, rupert and dan are their characters. they understand their characters so well, no one can ever play them as well as they do. emma brings everything that i love about hermione to the movies and more. she obviously understands her very well, she wrote an 8 page paper on her.

i adored poa. i thought it was the best movie by far. it showed the magic qualities of the books that i love and also showed the storyline without getting too much into the technicalities. fonzie, as kathy calls him, is the perfect director for the older books, espacially the fifth. he shows harry's angst so well in the third one. i can't wait to see dan and emma interacting as harry and hermione in ootp now.

wow that feels good to get off my chest.

kathy- just make sure harry and hermione are wearing helmets! my aunt has had a motorcycle basically my whole life and she made sure i know to wear a helmet. i won't even get on a motorcycle without having one on.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all! I'm not an auror by nature. I ship Harry/Ginny and Snape/Hermione, but I had to come by and say I think your thread title is sooo cute! I laughed!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

nesscafe-- Welcome, and thanks for the compliment!

Look...people can interpret Hermione however they want in the books--that's the power of a book. You can use your imagination. But when they see something contrary to what they've been harboring, they freak out. It's natural. Personally, I think Emma acts Hermione perfectly. Not so much the look at times (I just imagine Hermione to dress a little dowdier--she isn't too aware of her looks until book four) but I think she does a fantastic job in playing Hermione and making the character her own. I can't wait to see Goblet of Fire...

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

You'll never believe what just happened over here!

We had a freaking powercut! One minute i was happily watching TV and the next there was a sudden flash and then it was just blackout! No lights, no phone, no heating or anything!! Everything's back on now but we had to use torches and candles for about 25 minutes!

I don't mind confessing that i had a mild heart attack! At least it provided some excitement!

Just thought id share that little bit of drama with y'all. Please do continue!
Old 10-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

We had a freaking powercut! One minute i was happily watching TV and the next there was a sudden flash and then it was just blackout! No lights, no phone, no heating or anything!! Everything's back on now but we had to use torches and candles for about 25 minutes!

I don't mind confessing that i had a mild heart attack! At least it provided some excitement!

Aah. blackouts. I kinda miss them. lol We had a few of 'em over 2002, i think. lol But then again, Brazil doesn't compare to Scotland.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Ahh Blackouts totally suck but I LOVE sitting by candlelight.

MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I MISSSED YOU! *tackles her*
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top