Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi guys. I'm Jill, and I normally lurk on the Auror's thread. One of my favorite Auror artists updated her site and added a new Fire/Ice art, which I thought I'd post here for you guys:

And here's her older one that I may or may not have posted here before:

And just one of Draco:

These are found on Gwendy's site Quills and Spills.

Bye!

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 11-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Lov the anima!!!!!!!!!!

): )
Old 11-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

hi there!

i just finished reading rising from ashes... i'd like to know if volume 3- year 6 was the end... i think so, since there were no more chapters there, but it just let me wanting more... is there any sequel? well, i mean, AtE is actually the sequel, right? i can't believe it ended like that! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

mafalda

PS- thanx for posting those arts, orber123...

I Am Mine
Old 11-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well its supposed to go on well into their adult lives, but the authors aren't sure whether they want to continue it or not. They said it would be really long and drawn out. Check out Arabella's fan art to catch a little glimpse. Also there is a tiny line in the chats that demonstrates that they have planned out what's going to happen... whether or not they'll write it still remains to be seen.

I really wish they would though, or that someone else would continue it for them if they're not into it anymore. However, they're really talented and I would hate to see the fic get messed up by somebody else.

Oh well, here's hoping that they come back and finish the most amazing Draco/Ginny fic out there.

[ 11-16-2003: Message edited chere44 ]
Old 11-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~sunshine~:
<STRONG>hi there!

i just finished reading rising from ashes... i'd like to know if volume 3- year 6 was the end... i think so, since there were no more chapters there, but it just let me wanting more... is there any sequel? well, i mean, AtE is actually the sequel, right? i can't believe it ended like that! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

mafalda

PS- thanx for posting those arts, orber123...</STRONG>
As sad as RfA is when it ends, it's realistic according to canon. If Draco and Ginny were to ever do anything in canon, that's how it would most likely end.

I don't think AtE is the sequel. Like chere44 said, they did say they had plans for the future of RfA, they just weren't sure if they were going to continue. RfA is set so that it could be a prequel to AtE, I personally don't think of it that way. Because 1) I've grown to violently hate H/G (no offense, and also, I've read AtE and it's fabulously written, I just can't stomach H/G lately) and 2) I'm a zealous H/Hr fan (although I don't violently hate R/Hr, really, I don't mind them... although OotP!R/Hr annoys me for some reason).

So, yeah. Those are my thoughts.

Ahhh! I can't believe there's no DT updates yet. I realize that Cassie has a RL, it's just frustrating to have read those cookies so long ago and still not know what's going on. She seriously has us waiting in anticipation almost to the same extent that JKR does.

[ 11-16-2003: Message edited Persephone Pixie ]
Old 11-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

You guys are welcome for the arts. Thought you needed decoration. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I like the idea of D/G, if Canon!Draco EVER stops being a complete jerk...but oh well. I'm hoping to see him become more human...especially towards Ginny... [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

Call me Jill, btw. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 11-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

What someone needs to do is lock the two of them in a room and keep them there.

After a few hours they'd have to talk to one another.

Oh! Someone could turn the heat up reallu high, then they'd have to start taking off cloths!.

Old 11-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

hi there!

thanx for clearing that out for me, chere 44 and Persephone Pixie...
since the authors said that RfA had a parelelism with AtE i thought that they would leave the story just like that... i hope they really keep writing, at least year 7... i'm kind of curious to know what will happen...

and about H&G, well, i don't really mind... my other ship is R&H and i first read AtE, so i always thought that H&G would end up together... and it's weird, cause i like both pairings in those fics: D&G in RfA and i don't really mind H&G in AtE...

i think i started shiping D&G because of a D&H fic... yeah, that's strange, i liked a fic i read and since i shipped R&H, already, i thought that hermione had to end up with ron and Draco could always pair up with Ginny... and now that's my main ship... but i don't really see a future for D&G, in canon... well, i hope that in some way, Draco changes his behavior (even if just a litle, or it wouldn't be funny if he started being the goddy goody guy) towards ginny and they ended together [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

well, now just bout draco in the movie, did u already know that tom felton hasn't signed yet for the 4th movie?
i really hope he doesn't decide to quit yet... imo he's the perfect draco malfoy... aparently tom is now 6,1 and he's taller than most of the cast... even taller than jason isaacs! that's kinda funny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...

and since i haven't seen any picture of her yet, is ginny gonna be in any part of the movie?? i'm sorta curious to know how she looks like now...

well, that's enough... sorry for the huge post...
see ya...

mafalda

[ 11-17-2003: Message edited ~sunshine~ ]

I Am Mine
Old 11-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
<STRONG>Ooh, you can't talk D/G fanfiction without including "Rising from the Ashes" by Arabella and Jedi Boadicea. It's not a fanfic, it's an experience, man. [img]smilies/daze.gif[/img] Heartwrenching, but so real. Well, real for the HP world anyway.</STRONG>
Is this fic *ever* going to be updated? I was practically in tears when I read it, and the very idea of where it has left off haunts me. I dont follow the Yahoo! Group - perhaps I missed something? Have Arabella and Jedi B decided not to continue? I really want to read about Year 7.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

We've fallen onto the second page.

Can't we elect someone to bump us up when this thread does that?

Someone other then me?

Old 11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Sorry Magnus, but whenever I come here, I always see this thread on the first page anyway! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Alright, I guess I'll just have to do it.

Hey, any fics in the works?

Old 11-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen any. The D/G fic well has been pretty dry lately... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Ya, what is that about?

Old 11-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Gahhh!!!! I'm so grumpy right now. I really want to read an update on DV. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

So what's new with everyone? It was freezing cold here today. Not ready for such winter weather yet. Brr!!! At least the snow was pretty. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]