Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Yes! I am still against Angel for all the things he did as Angelus. A soul don't me *****.

And I'm not dictating who you can and can not like. I just can't understand how you can like him.

Sure, you can like James cuz hes a hell of a actor. But Spike? The same Spike the used to not just murder, torture, but molest little girls?

The same Spike who got a soul then went on a killing spree? And even after he was calmed down threated Wood's life, as well rub it in the guys face that he'd killed his mother?

I think the points sorta are against him.

But lets get past that, its not what we're here for. We're here to post our protest against this disgusting trading card.

): )
Old 01-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Guys, be nice. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Please do not bash posters, actors, Joss, etc. Everyone has their different opinions and we must all respect that.

I don't agree with the card too much and like someone said, I'm sure James is not happy by this considering the many stories I have heard where the scene made him literally sick to do.

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited CutieKatie ]
Old 01-22-2004, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie:
<STRONG>I don't agree with the card too much and like someone said, I'm sure James is not happy by this considering the many stories I have heard where the scene made him literally sick to do.</STRONG>
Exactly! Its a known fact James hated performing that scene, yet here they are making it into a collectable! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Its not only sick, but its highly inconsiderate.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Its understandable for James to feel that way.

After all, it is pretty twisted. And confusing. Spike acts badass, Spike acts nice, Spike acts like a hurt puppy, Spike atempts rape.

I'm sure the guy was at a emotional break down by the time he got to this rape scene.

Making it into a trading card isn't just bad for Sarah, but also James. As well all the fans.

Is there anything we could do to get it recalled?

Old 02-16-2004, 08:11 AM
LKB
Dedicated Fan

There are trading cards for every season. These trading cards are like collectible snap-shots of each season. If this card is what I think it is, it's part of a set with images of events that happened on the show. Spike attempted to rape Buffy. Like it or not, it happened on the show. I'm sure there are also images of violence. BtVS contains "mature" subject matter: death, violence, sex, etc. If a person can't handle seeing an image of something that happened on the show, I'm not sure they should be watching the show in the first place.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Lip
Dedicated Fan

LKB: I totally agree! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Just one question: There are Buffy Trading Cards?! I never heard of that! Where do I get them?! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-16-2004: Message edited .*.ComeHither.*. ]
Old 02-17-2004, 01:48 PM
LKB
Dedicated Fan

The only ones I know of, I got from Power Star TV. The url is here.

I have the first three seasons and they're great. Kind of expensive though.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

I don't have a problem with all the cards, just that one. And I don't see why anyone would just shrug off there exsistance.

It just doesn't seem like the kind of subject matter that should be made into a 'snap-shot'/'trading card'.

I don't remember seeing a Warning on it, just blame Spike atempting rape.

But I could be wrong. Was ther a warning about it on the card? Or the pack with the card in it?

Old 03-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I collect the cards, but have not seen this one. I liked the charcter Spike, and I like James. But I don't know why everyone hates James. I can understand Spike but not James. He is an actor, and does what is on the page. He is not to blame for the card! Blame the company that makes them, not the actor [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 04:45 AM
Supreme Fan

i have the card its in the season 6 set of cards.
for cards that go with the ep seeing red.

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited buffysmgfan26 ]
Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

I never blamed James.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Peppermint:
[QB]I collect the cards, but have not seen this one. /QB]
I don't collect card (I don't even know what it is exactly) but it seems that nobody have seen this one. Maybe we're just discussing a phantom subject : I mean, maybe that was a rumor, a "gossip". Maybe it's not true. Cause I find it really strange that on one ever seen this terrible card...
I start to believe that was false, just to make people react [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

That would be annoying. I'll have to go and look into that.