Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Total Fan

The Wandering Juvie (3/28/2004)

From the Simpsons Archive:

"Sarah Michelle Gellar guest voices as a girl in Juvenile Hall who helps Bart plan a breakout."
Old 03-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

I thought this ep was so-so. Bart seemed like such a wuss in juvie.

We got another Ralph quote: "Your eyes need diapers."
Old 03-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Tonight was my first night watching The Simpsons and I have decided to change my signature to my favorite line of the night. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 03-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought that tonight`s episode was above average. It would`ve been better if Bart acted more like his old hell raising self during the breakout.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Total Fan

I've actually been looking forward to the episode since the beginning of the season, but it let me down. Even if it means recycling storylines, I wanted SMG as ...SMG, surrounded by nerds at a Buffy convention. (It could've even been a shout out to Lucy Lawless. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Aside from the let down with SMG (not nearly as bad as Jennifer Garner's cameo though), the episode didn't get many laughs out of me.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod:
<STRONG>I thought that tonight`s episode was above average. It would`ve been better if Bart acted more like his old hell raising self during the breakout.</STRONG>
Not just during the breakout -- I was expecting Bart to raise hell while in detention. He was kind of like Milhouse, the sidekick, the passive one.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Grilka:
<STRONG>He was kind of like Milhouse, the sidekick, the passive one.</STRONG>
Or like me, the gay one.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

I did enjoy how SMG's voice had a little New York twinge. Or some sort of twinge. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 03-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Total Fan

Is it just me or has SMG's roles always been pushed to the extreme? Her character in Sunday's episode was a definite rebel. Buffy was a more or less warrior for the world. Daphne (of Scooby Doo) lines up with the extreme ditz. She's never had any character that was just kind of in the middle of spectrum.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I really liked SMG's character. I was glad she wasn't playing 'Buffy' or the Buffy-esque SMG. Or something. It was fresh. She was cool. I liked her. I didn't mind Bart being out of character a bit. It almost shows he's (GASP) maturing. He doesn't need to be a rebel without a cause anymore. It's funny to see Bart being punished for his crimes though, he's hardly ever punished. He usually always weasel's out of it (it's what seperates us from the animals! Except the weasel).

So overall, it wasn't a great episode. But it was definitely an improvement! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 04-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon14:
<STRONG>Is it just me or has SMG's roles always been pushed to the extreme? Her character in Sunday's episode was a definite rebel. Buffy was a more or less warrior for the world. Daphne (of Scooby Doo) lines up with the extreme ditz. She's never had any character that was just kind of in the middle of spectrum.</STRONG>
Better than being type-cast *shrug*

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by purple monkey dishwasher:
<STRONG>Better than being type-cast *shrug*</STRONG>
Good point.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TRexx posted these The Wandering Juvie screencaps here. I thought people here might be interested in seeing them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s:
<STRONG>TRexx posted these The Wandering Juvie screencaps here. I thought people here might be interested in seeing them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Very cool. Thanks for linking that, Chris. I'm guessing the bandwidth is running short, seeing how the pictures aren't working (but the thumbnails are), but I'll be sure to play around with those pics. Make icons or what not. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 10:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon14:
<STRONG>
I'm guessing the bandwidth is running short, seeing how the pictures aren't working (but the thumbnails are)</STRONG>
That isn't a bandwidth problem. My thumbnail images download directly, but my screen captures have watchdog code to thwart direct linking. Most Web surfers can see my screen caps, but when someone can't it's because there's something tinkering with their Web connection in a way that my watchdog doesn't like. One easy way around this is to install a "clean" browser, such as Mozilla 1.6 (install the minimal "Browser only" option), which can coexist with your current Web software.

--------------
Jeri Ryan's divorce stuns Jack's race?

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited TRexx ]